Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
OP Offline
N
Friends,

Although I am using a new user name, I have been here since December of 2006. Before anything else, I want to thank all of my fellow Dbers who encouraged, edified and sometimes corrected me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I always thought the story of my wife and I would be a love story for the ages.... We met.... We fell in love... Right before we went our separate ways, I told her, "It will NEVER be over!" Both of us got married.. Both of our marriages unraveled in time... She never forgot my last words to her...

She called me one morning at 2:00 AM... She barely had time to say hello.... I had to tell her what I was on my heart..... I told her, "I am so sorry for hurting you. I love you. Will you be my wife?" I heard silence.... I said, "Are you still there?" She said, "I thought you were going to pretend you did not know who I was or hang up on me. I was not expecting that." We talked for nearly four hours.... We talked about how much we missed each other... We talked about what was going on in our families.... We talked about when we would be together...

She ended up moving to my town within a couple months....... We were married a couple months later....

I encouraged her to get her degree... She did.... She got a job in her field.... My career took off....

We settled in.... Bought a house.... Years went by.... Bought another house...... Years went by......

I really wanted to work on our M in August of 2006 when I had surgery...... I was just recovering from surgery when she dropped the bomb in October of 2006.....

She said she really loved me in the past but did not anymore.... She said she never should have promised me anything.... She said she wanted me to find another woman.... All of the "standard" WAS bull.....

I was totally floored by all of this.... I had no idea there were any problems.... She never asked to sit down and talk about any issues... She never asked to go to counseling....

We went to C twice... All she really added was she wanted out of M..... "Standard" WAS bull again....

She lived in my house from bomb to February 2007... I asked her several times to move in with her sister or somewhere else.... She refused....

I saw her a few weeks after she moved to square away the taxes.... We had a cordial conversation...... When we parted, I walked her to the door and opened the garage door.... She was just sitting in her car, looking at the house.... I ran back upstairs to get my cell phone... She was still sitting in her car.... She did not pull away until I got in my car...

I did not see her for months until I was visiting a friend and saw her drive by my new car... I do not think she realized it was me....

While visiting a friend in July, I told her I was thinking about sending my exW a letter apologizing for all the things I thought I had done wrong.... She read it and thought it was a letter which opened the door without any pressure... exW never responded....

September rolls around..... I end up meeting a gal on what would have been our 13th wedding anniversary.... We end up hitting it off.... We ended up spending hours just talking... It was so great... We ended up talking about getting married...

She and I married in November.... Our families stayed at the house over the weekend... They got along so well... When everyone left, there were hugs all around...

My new wife and I cleaned out the house... We dropped off about 20 boxes at exW's house... She sent me an angry e-mail... She said I should not drop off any cards or letters we exchanged over the years... She said I should burn them or something... How dramatic is that!?!

Life is so different now.... We have pretty much renovated the house.... We have two little dogs... We are going to church together... We are praying together... It is so awesome to have a woman who lets me know what is on her heart and mind...

No_More_Dodo

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
N
OP Offline
N
Friends,

I am using the name No_More_Dodo because my new W playfully calls my exW Dodo bird for walking away. My exW made herself extinct... Of course, my new W says she is reaping all the benefits...

No_More_Dodo

Last edited by No_More_Dodo; 03/05/08 08:02 PM.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
C
C
congrats! glad you moved on and are happy.

If you find anymore old stuff, just save yourself a trip and burn it.

GOod luck on your new M!

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
C
C
congrats! glad you moved on and are happy.

If you find anymore old stuff, just save yourself a trip and burn it.

GOod luck on your new M!

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
N
OP Offline
N
cat03,

Thanks! It is amazing how God can work things out for the good.

That is very true.... I could just take her suggestion... I really just wanted her to decide what to do with those things...

No_More_Dodo

N
OP Offline
N
cat03,

BTW, my main reason for being back here is to see if I can help some people going through all of this....

It is amazing how this seems like an epidemic.... It really speaks volumes as to where our society is headed... Then, again, what can we expect from people who believe there is no God and they are the deity or they are Christians in name only?

No_More_Dodo

Last edited by No_More_Dodo; 03/06/08 04:19 PM.

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted By: No_More_Dodo
September rolls around..... I end up meeting a gal on what would have been our 13th wedding anniversary.... We end up hitting it off.... We ended up spending hours just talking... It was so great... We ended up talking about getting married...

Fellow DBers,

I have had some people ask me if we literally met and decided to get married the same day. The answer is no.... We actually started to correspond in the very beginning of July..... So, it was a little over two months.......

I wish all of you the very best....

Take Care,

NMD

K
K
Ohhh so we get to guess who you were??
Ya know like Whats My Line??
wow, I am showin my age uh? lol

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS
Ohhh so we get to guess who you were??
Ya know like Whats My Line??
wow, I am showin my age uh? lol

KarenMarieS,

You are not that old..... \:\)

I essentially created a new account to "break" from the old account. If one really wanted to figure out who I was, they could.... My exW would read the first post and know right away.....

I was just hoping and praying my M could be saved.... It was honestly the worst period of my life by far.... Having the "Christian" woman I loved deeply and was in love with for over fifteen years stab me in the back over and over....... She never gave our M a chance...... I did everything humanly possible... I held out hope until the last moment.... I guess that is the hopeless romantic in me back then.... But, IMHO, that was her loss.......

Not that I am ashamed of anything..... I met a couple dozen gals when looking for my mate.... Had some rather "forward Christian" women be not too subtle about wanting to ML.... ;\) Since that is something in my mind reserved for M, I resisted each and every time.... ;\) As I told my exW, I plan to ML a LOT with my next W....... That is exactly what I did..... ;\)

Take Care,

NMD

K
K
I think I know who you are!!!!!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard