Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
OP Offline
Well, Muddle, your recommended excitement came today.

On the way to taking the kids to school, we slid off the side of the mountain (snow/ice in a curve) and flipped the car. The scariest thing EVER. OMG, I have never been in an accident with the kids in the car, and this was the worst. A true "Jesus, Take the Wheel" moment.

A pathfinder rolling down a mountain is VERY LOUD. It felt like the end of the world. I was so scared to turn around to the backseat to look at the kids when we finally stopped moving. Tree stopped us from going further, and it braced the car enough to be stable. The hardest part was getting their seatbelts unbuckled. Landed on the driver's side, and I climbed up out of the passenger window & got the kids out that way.

They were unharmed, praise God. S6 had NO injuries and D7 an abrasion on her neck from seat belt. I was the worst, and just head cuts/lumps, lots of glass in my head, and hand cuts that bled worse than they were. NOTHING like it could have been, you can't even see the car from the road. Had we been really injured, where we could not have walked, nobody would have found us.

We climbed up to the road and walked in the snow until we could flag down a car. Those nice folks drove us back home and H took us to the ER. Xrayed my head to make sure no skull fractures, and checked the kids thoroughly. Oh, dear God, for some health insurance. And of course, the car was 12 years old, paid for, and not insured for collision.

After we left there, went to see the car. (on the road, S6 kept saying "Daddy you're going too fast!" and when we pulled off the road at the site, D7 screamed thinking we were going to fall again) \:\(

H got out and went down to it and looked it over. When he came back up, he said "It's a MIRACLE no one was really hurt" and it is. The car is crunched.

H went out to meet the park rangers and figure out how to get it towed. He hugged me before he left and said "I'm glad you're okay". I thanked him for taking care of us and being our hero today. He said 'you're the hero for pulling the kids out of the car and getting them to safety'

I feel awful about the whole thing. We SO didn't need to have another financial blow, hospital bills and one less car, but I am so grateful that everyone is okay. God's hand was all over that.

Obviously i missed my C appt (ha) and rescheduled for next week (with H to attend), and won't be working tonight.

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. It can all change in a minute.

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing! Is 43:18-19

If it seems slow in coming, wait.
It's on its way. It will come right on time. Hab 2:3

Part 4
M
M
OMG, I'm so glad you are all ok.
Maybe this will be your H's wake up call, to realize what he almost just lost.
Forget about all of the things you do not have right now, focus on all that you are grateful for and more good things will happen to you!

A
A
Thank goodness you're okay BI! Wow, you ask for a little excitement...

Me-36
H-36
3 young children
Married-14y
M
M
BI-

Glad you are ok......any advice on how to properly roll my truck??? If it worked for you as an awakening.......:)

Me: 44
S: 17 and 7
Final-6-13-08
I once went to a psychic who told me I would soon feel cheated......
O
O
Thank God you and the kids are OK, BI! Sounds terrifying!

I know the financial blow is something you really didn't need right now, but try to focus on the fact that you all still have your lives, and those are priceless!

Me:30
H:30
Together:10yr
H left:Oct3'06,couple weeks before 5th wed anniv.
No Kids
OW bomb:Jan19'07
My thread: He filed.
T
T
BI,

SO you got your excitment. Holy Moses!!!! I'm so glad you are OK.

Here's my prayer.

Dear Lord, what the hell are you doing? You are sovereign, and even this accident is for your glory and BI's good. So..we're going to trust you are at work. We're going to trust that you are saying, in your own peculiar, inscrutible way, "Watch me do someyhing wonderful in this mess." Though Christ our Lord, Amen.

Wow!

Muddle has a real good point. Have a little fun, aww heck, have a lot a fun. Maybe he needs to see your fun, thrilling, sexy crazy-ass side, rather than your desperate, psychotic, coddle-the-adulterer, crazy-ass side.

Instead of treating him with kid gloves, try putting a whoopie cushion under his seat.

Opheila, yes I love Lord of the Rings.

--Thedoen

H
H
So glad you are okay - isn't it amazing how these things seem to come along at certain times in our life to make others in our life realize what they have? Hmmmm, wonder what your H will be thinking about tonight?

Heywyre

M - 57
H - 65
1st A-bomb - Nov 27/02
2nd A-bomb - Dec 13/06
together 21 years
Insanity is doing something over and over and expecting different results (Albert Einstein)
M
M
Theo,
I'm curious, do you have your own thread?

I admire your outlook and really like the advice that you give to BI.

Mamabear

O
O
Thank God he was looking out for your family. Sorry for the terribly tragic event you and your kids went through. I am glad that you and the little ones are all alright.

Again sorry for the tragedy but thank God that he was watching over you.

Ben 32
STBXW 29
3 kids (D1,S4,SD8) (1 dog 5months)

"The only thing we know about future developments is that they will develope."
M
M
BI, I'm glad you're all safe. I trust you'll all draw upon each other for support through this building your bond. Something tells me there's far more good to this than meets the eye.

“No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. ”
– Albert Einstein
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard