Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
aid Offline OP
OP Offline
Delboy,
Quote:
I believe the other piece of the puzzle is that which has been suppressed in the subconsious. And this is what makes them so irrational. In my own childhood when I first started going to primary school, I haven't got a single memory of the pain and kicking and screaming I did when my mum put me on the school bus. But I just 'knew' that these events had happened. So how do you figure that one out then, I have no memory of these events but I 'know' they happened?

This is interesting. I think that's it. I think that if it's supressed, it ends up coming to back to haunt them later in life. What you said about the kicking and screaming is interesting. I've said here before and I'll say again, when my H's parents told his kids they were getting D, H was the only one who ran out of the room crying and saying NO, NO. HIs mom tells me that, so she finds it so hard to beleive that his whole life he has said taht the D didn't bother him.

I think it comes more down to a fear of pain. My H, like many others, have learned at a young age to fight off the pain... to find a way not to let things bother him. It's his defense mechanism... so when somethign liek this happens, he doesn't knwo how to get out of this horrible mess without feeling pain.

aid #937387 02/18/07 02:48 PM
aid Offline OP
OP Offline
My update...

Having a decent weekend with H. Went to Home Depot yesterday to get stuff for the house. Now we're fixing up the house here and there. Had a nice dinner last night and watched a movie (a TOTAL downer... Winter Passing).

Finally, last night, H initiated some luvin. I did feel somewhat of a connection (although not at first... at first, I felt like there was a distance between us, but I "as if'd" and it got much better.

Today is my birthday. So H wished me a happy birthday when we woke up. He and the boys gave me a gift... a bunch of stuff for my camera. The best part, though, was that I got a great card from H. It was a nice card about all the things a wife is. I'm hoping he meant it when he picked it out.

Anyway, going to church as a family in a little bit. Then later, H adn I will go out to dinner. Althohg I made the reservations on my own birthday.

Tomorrow, H goes to CA until Friday for business. It will be a good break for both of us, I think.

aid #937389 02/18/07 02:52 PM
M
M
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AID!!!!! \:\)

I hope you have a good day with your H. Things are looking good in your sitch. It must of been nice to get that card. \:\)

Me:35, ex: 36
Sons: 9 & 7
Bomb: July, 2006
Divorced 2009
aid #937390 02/18/07 02:52 PM
L
L
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,DEAR AID

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

So what if you made your own reservations fo dinnerm, sweetums, focus on how good the weekend was,and how great dinner is going to be tonight.

luv ya

“Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.”
aid #937391 02/18/07 02:53 PM
M
M
Happy Birthday Aid! Good work.

Mickey

aid #937484 02/18/07 04:57 PM
A
A
Aid, Happy Birthday. I baked Brownies today, as if I had known.

You are doing so well,

Angelica

Y
Y
Happy Birthday Aid!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day, you deserve it. It sounds like things are going pretty good right now. Remember one day at a time!!!

Y

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AID!

And what a good day it will be because you are on your way back to being a happily married woman. I can just feel the Lord working in your situation.

Enjoy!!! No thinking today, just love well and laugh often.

Last edited by iluv2teach; 02/18/07 05:49 PM.

Everything happens for a reason, maybe Dad needs to find that it isn't better out there, he needs to realize how good he had it here. Maybe he will find God and that is the most important thing when he finds Him he will know he is supposed to come home.
aid Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey girlies,
Thanks for the birthday wishes. Ah... feels good to be 24 as IF!).

Anyway, I just heard an amazing message at church. I can't go into it, becuase I wouldn't be able to recount it meaningfully. But it gave me some affirmation that I should stick with this and keep working on my M. I think H got a few things out of it as well.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up with everybody's sitch. I'll catch up a little later!

aid #937570 02/18/07 07:36 PM
S
S
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AID!!!!!!

Have a great time today and at dinner tonight!!

You are doing so well.

Shades

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard