Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
B
OP Offline
B
Hello Matilda...
Yes this piecing stuff really is a whole new ball game but at least it is positive stuff and no more of the negative stuff like before.

I am actually reading a book about forgivness for various reasons and so far it is helpful.

It is called "How can I forgive you?" by Janis Abrahms Spring.

I am also reading "The proper caring and feeding of Husbands" by Dr. Laura.

I actually asked my H about some of the things in the book as I was curious as to his opinion, and we had a nice chat about it.

Sad thing was I bought this book several years ago and didn't take it too seriously then. I wish I had put as much effort into our marriage when things were good rather then waiting until they hit rock bottom.

I guess as long as we learn from our mistakes and stop making the same ones we are doing OK.

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
M
M
Thanks for the book names. I bought After the Affair also by Spring but I haven't found time to read it yet, but I heard it was good. Overall things are great at home, but I'm worried about getting back into a rut. I have to figure out my part to change that.
Matilda

T
T
H BND,
Just checking in on you. HUGS

B
OP Offline
B
Today my Husband thanked me for being patient for so long.
He thanked me for making the positive changes in my life.
He said he needs to make more changes.
He said he was proud of who I have become.
He also told me that he has a really hard time keeping his hands off of me now and thinks I am hot

Wow...
This is such a switch!!

I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
R
R
I'm so glad to hear things are going well! That's soooo awesome and it's helpful to hear positive things like this.

I want to thank you for sharing that book. I'm going to go pick it up. I did find a book on Trust (which covers trust in a general sense). I can't necessarily recommend it, but I think it's helpful during this piecing time to read a lot. I think it can help keep things on track. Right now I'm kind of struggling with some stuff , but hopefully some books and appointments with the therapist can help me.

You take care and keep up the PMA

There is no arriving, ever. It is all a continual becoming.
B
OP Offline
B
I am sure that there are many of you who have been on a cruise.
I have never been on one.
I need help!!
What type of cabin do I want to stay away from?
Are there some cruise lines to avoid?
When is the best time to go?
When is the worst?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!!

K
K
I used to go on a cruise every year with H's family.
They are wonderful and stress free.
You are going to have a great time.
I think the best time to go is Nov-April.
Carnival cruises are always fun. Norwegian are usually for an older retired crowd.
I think an inside cabin is not so great because ther are no windows/balcany and you feel so closed in.
Try to get a cabin close to eveything.
You will have to probably dress formal two nights --so get a couple of sexy elegant dresses/outfits.

I
I
BND...Never posted to you before but I am glad to see that you and your H have finally made it. I know there is still work to do but it does look very promising. It is great to hear success stories like yours. It inspires me to keep going.

I wanted to read your thread while on MLC forum but I can't seem to find it. I would like to read up on your to travelled through this journey. Can you post a link to your thread on my thread (link below).

As for the cruise. I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise in the month of October and it was simply amazing. Being a non-swimmer, I was afraid but it was the most amazing experience I had. H and I were in a cable with a balcony which was great. At night, I would sit on the balcony in the dark still waters and read a book. It was my only cruise so I don't know how others are but the Royal Caribbean was amazing. You will love it for sure.

I have added you to my fav so that I can continue to follow your situation as it is inspiring.

Thread #3

Me: 49 - S22 & S26
H: 41 - No kids
M: 10/00
Bomb New Year's Day 2006
H living w OW 01/07; have baby 12/07
D final 07/07
Thread #9 - Hope Lives On
K
K
Ok
I have been to all parts of the carribean..
Western carribean - Cozumel, Grand Cayman,Jamacia was the best!It as just so much fun.Ocho Rios in Jamacia-very romantic.
I have been to Puerto Rico, Belize -that was beautiful.
Mexico was O.K. but you still have fun.
I , honestly, enjoyed every cruise. I would love to go back to the places I named above. Espeacially,the western Carribean.
I live in Florida so mostly all the cruise I went on were in the carribean.

B
OP Offline
B
I have no idea as to where we are going, he is doing the planning.
I am just trying to be patient!!

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard