Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
B
B
Glad you had a good trip, Phoenix! Thanks for the heads up re my locked thread.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
P
OP Offline
P
Following along with the theme on some other threads here I learned a little about not holding on to anger/resentment, not taking ownership of other peoples problems. Realizing that it is there own problems and not ours is very crucial. It has helped change my whole attitude the last few days. Not getting drug down into W issues certainly does make me a happier person, more my old self.

W
WCW Offline
W
Trying to make it work for me too. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can......
Phoenix, thanks for not letting go of me. I appreciate you.

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
P
OP Offline
P
Not a problem, you are always very important to your friends here on these boards/threads. I don't know if you are a water skier but here's a little something to remember and think about. When you water ski you usaully start out cold in the water, feet caught in place, just trying to stay balanced and afloat with your head above the water. Your body is surprised by the cold and you are struggling just to deal with where you are. Then you hear the motors and then the struggle begins. Forces are coming you at every direction in what seems like a struggle for eternity. But as you start to get control of yourself you start to raise above the pressures and things smooth out slowly. Eventually you are above the water and all though you have control of your situation, you are still dealing with constant opposing forces. However, now you have control of the situation and it looks great, feels great and you feel the rush of victory through your body. Things couldn't be better.

Keep your tips above the water, lean back, use your strength and the opposition you are encountering to get you up to the level where you want to be. You'll feel incredible once you get yourself there. Oh yeah, don't sweat the wedgies, you can fix those when your up and in control.

P
OP Offline
P
Some disappointing turns of events over the weekend, but "as if", move forward and don't let her bring me down. I had a very insightfull discussion with an aquaintance about the whole M/D/R, especially from a spiritual side. That came at a great time, which lifted me back up.

Although I have been running under the radar here, I am following and learning from the rest of you.

B
B
It's so good to be able to bounce ideas off of people who are insightful, and spiritually minded. Sorry, you had some negativity over the weekend, but glad you are able to rise above it.

BTW, thanks for the email - I have been chewing the cud over your comments, and I am slowing digesting it. Forgiveness is important, but so is making an effort to right some of the wrongs made by the WAS who has returned to the M. It's all a balancing act, and how much each of us is able to handle, in the long run, I guess.

Stay well, Phoenix!

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
W
WCW Offline
W
I was hoping the absence meant good things for you! It's a little hard to follow the bouncing red ball here but I am glad it came back up for you. Good work!

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
P
OP Offline
P
Perhaps we should recite some of the old given facts.

Listen to actions not words.

One persons actions will affect the other person, for good or for back, depending on the action.

P
OP Offline
P
Thought I better come back on and post. I'm trying to come up with a new 180 that I need to do. Perhaps I'll try to get some outside input. As far as outside activities, my plate is already too full, however I try to rethink priority.

K
K
Hi Phoenix_spark!

Have you come up with any 180's? If so, please share. Thanks for dropping by on my thread and I'll check in on ya later!

M:43
H:37
D14 (ours) D18 (mine) S22 (mine) S18 (his)
S: 10/2004
Bomb: 2/15/05
In/out of home
Living with OW #4
Talks of D for 2-1/2 years
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard