Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Andy,

Typing lessons frome tree via stalks!

Treesa types good when she's paying attention.

My guess is that she's the virtuoso multi-tasker who while she's writing to us here is also fixing her boss's mistakes, doing a deep data-base search, ordering flowers for a secretaries' birthday, fluffing up teeny-bopper on the phone and trying to figure out what to fix for dinner when she gets home.

So what's a coupla' typos in the big pitcher?

Ahhoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Hey Tree,

I was just thinking of you this week. I went to the Italian restaurant we went to for lunch last year. My girlfriends took me there on my anniversary (remember spending it with me at the Mow with IAC last year? Boy, you guys are great!).
I was just reading your latest and you are right. You and your H have come a very long way. You really are an amazing lady.

Happy Canada Day!
betty [Smile]

Oh, and I have to add, my nails are a lovely colour of Peru-B-Ruby!

S
S
hey tree...glad to hear you're doing so well [Smile] wish I was on this board instead of the big d one.
catch up with you later [Smile]
a

treesa2 Offline OP
OP Offline
My goodness Tree Bark and look all coming out of the woodwork.... ( groan... bad metaphors.. but hey!)

Thanks folks... Nice to see YOU ALL!!! Betty... check yr email honey! [Big Grin]

R8ch... I see ya checkin on hotmail and will have to IM you... I tend not to "pursue" if I see someone on... I wait til they ping me first...
[Eek!] did I just give something away....

I guess I might need to be a little more assertive. heehee

Stalks... you are there... but not always there ya know???

I/We seem to be moving forward thanks to Michele's methods, my C, and own sense of perserverance and patience.. (Blacksheep you listening!!!) Never mind that I am now thinking that perhaps my H really wanted to leave he just doesn't know how else to "fix" the problems. Without the DB strategies and all I've learned who knows where I'd be - in fact where we'd all be - today.

Not that I feel at all successful .... yet.... BUT most importantly you guys are ALL fantastic... the coaching and help we get here.is critical to our sanity and day to day getting through this... it's friendship - which those who haven't done this or gone through it... don't "get" You guys are all PALS!!!

keep the faith.. a la TBear... and I am no where near done yet... keep coming back!

To the Canadians... Happy Long weekend and Canada Day folks! [Big Grin]

ANS Offline
Your welcome, tree (for the links).

You and I met (cyberly) as you were about to start the slow dance. I never went back through your older threads until now, though I guess I had a pretty good idea what was happening from our (oh too few) face to face meetings.

Yes indeed, you have come a long way!

As I read your older threads, a couple of things struck me.

Early on, you diagnosed your H with MLC. I can’t argue that he had (still has?) all the symptoms, but as you started to DB, even your daughters thought you were getting pretty squirrelly. It struck me that DBing has a large element of fighting fire with fire. How’s your MLC going, tree? Mine’s thriving [Big Grin]

So, we carry on DBing and our spouse starts to wonder if our bodies have been taken over by aliens. They start to put inordinate significance on off hand comments that we made such as, “I’ll divorce you.” We don’t even remember such insignificant remarks, but through their MLC fog, it seems important somehow.

Well, that’s their problem, isn’t it? We’re not going to get sucked into their melodrama!

There were times (as you’ll remember) when I found myself defending W on my threads. She had said some apparently heartless things to me and some DBers kept wondering how she could treat such a “great guy” like that.

Well, I guess our spouses can say the wrong thing sometimes, too.

Go figure!

Andy
ANS Offline
Hey, Betty

I've been thinking about you, too!

And, tree...

You're more successful than you know. You really are!

Happy Canada Day!

Andy
treesa2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Camp next week... I will be cooking for 32 kids. H will be around part of the time too. The rest of the week he will be doing renos on our bathrooms thanks to the inheritance I received. We went to stores picking out sinks, toilets, new tub pieces etc.... what fun. H has definite ideas about colour, style, what he wants ....
It's easier I find, since I am not as opinionated on these things... to go with his flow.... Made it much easier to manage.

These are projects I have wanted done for a looong time and H kept saying we couldn't afford it... well we can now and I have sugested the week we are away would be a good time to put in all this stuff. He asked if I would "pay" him, so I winked, and said of course I would. H will do the work himself. Off shopping to yet another bath hardware place to find a tub and shower unit he likes. Funny how what I like doesn't really enter into the equation but it doesn't bother me either. I just want it fixed!

Have paint will travel!
Tree

Your energy always floors me. Cooking for 32 kids [Eek!] . I did tell TS that I wanted to help out after work with band camp and he said "Please Mom, just don't ok? I REALLY don't want you to become a band mom!". Later he said if I really really wanted to then ok but he really really hoped I didn't want to.

He's thinking of going for B-ball this year. We'll see. He's cleared 6' now but I hope he inherited his ability from my dad and not me cause I'm a real klutz...

So you've survived another crisis of omg....good for you! I'm glad you're getting your bathroom redone too and that he's doing it. Gives me hope [Wink] .

Just wanted to check in cause I hadn't in a while. Just in the neigborhood - please, don't get up, I know my way around enough to let myself out...

hi tree,
I just read a reply you posted on a newcomer thread and am hoping you could take a stop by mine to straighten me out a bit.
thanx
LL

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard