Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
treesa2 Offline OP
OP Offline
ooooh kay.... soooooo tonight is last function of the work year for H. At this function same time LAST year... H didn't arrive home until after 4 AM... Function ended around 10 PM! hmmmm

I nearly said something and asked if he was going to repeat last year's performance by staying out all night and at least this year I'd be ready for it, however, I cound't get the right tone... without coming across too bitchy... so I pretty much just asked what time he thought he'd be home. I never did get an answer.. [Roll Eyes]

He does seem to be changing. Wish I could find all my threads from last year so I can re read all that stuff. I have some stored on a file somewhere. Must track it down.

In any case as I just said somewhere else... last year this time... came home at 4 AM and 5 days later... fireworks after a 9 month dry spell... so perhaps that 4 AM thingy is what led to the 7 AM fireworks????

tree
moving along...

tree,

Every now and then, I read threads that are a year or so old....cary stuff!

IMP

scary!

ANS Offline
IMP...

Have you been taking typing lessons from tree?

Andy
treesa2 Offline OP
OP Offline
HEY ADNY!!!!! [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]
Teer

ANS Offline

Andy
tree

ya did great w the whole dinner w co workers thingy. I just wanted you to know (I have said it before) but you have always been such an inspiration to me.

You have always admonished me to go slowlee slowlee..

thanks.

Duchess

treesa2 Offline OP
OP Offline
ANDY ADNY even [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Wow.. thanks for diggin out my threads.
You folks want history... read my very first thread... I had some great coaches... some very senior DBers in CLiff and Tom ... Tom really bonked me a couple of timew when I needed it!

My first thread is How to go dark.. and in between that is the hockey ticket one and the third is slow dancing... then think divorce is busted... THat first thread is quite long in the days before the 100 post rule was enforced... but grab a bottle of wine and read for a few hours and if I do say so.... we've come a long way my H and I!
Thanks again Andy!
tree

Tree, I just read a post from you on Wilma's thread:

quote:
H said "you don't remember the argument we had and you said you'd divorce me!??"
Frankly - I didn't remember it all. I couldn't even remember the argument. He was shocked. That D comment wounded him deeply. He said "that cut me like a knife. you have no idea"

SO I said... " no, I didn't have any idea. I can apologize now, but why did you never say anything to me?" His reply - "I assumed you meant it and it was just a matter of time!"

So I corrected that one, but he kept that one inside of him a looooooong time. I don't EVER use the D word in jest or otherwise any more either.

Assumptions, remarks in jest, WHO KNEW!!!! These guys are sensitive and they hold it all in creating waaaaaaaay bigger pain than they need to.

My H has said something similar. I made a comment that I do not remember, that at the time was probably in jest, that he just cannot let go (it was a comment that made him feel rejected sexually). He treats it like the pivitol comment of our entire marriage, the "straw that broke the camel's back" but I do not remember that comment at all. There is no way I can "prove" what I said or did not say, since I do not even remember the conversation. I spent a lot of time and energy being frustrated about his insistence about what I said, arguing with him, trying to convince him that it is stupid to hinge our whole future on one phrase or even one word. No good. My pride had to step aside. This is one where we have to agree to disagree (and not talk about it), and hopefully he will find some way to "forgive" me for something I do not think I did.

quote:
As for the neanderthals who can't deal with my name....I have yet to come up with a good come-back.
Actually, my H came up with a great comeback. He says "I (meaning he) decided not to change my name when we gor married." Generally good for a nervous laugh, then someone quickly changes the subject.

Chrissa
Hi Treesa...

Speaking of old posts, if you want a good laugh, take a look at this one...it's my favorite...lol

Nasty R8chels Rears her Ugly Head

My, my, how things change with a little perseverance...

Anyway, thanks for your post on my thread...nice to see you and Phoenix are still interested.. [Wink] I'm going to post a Cliff Notes version or the last couple of months any day now...just don't seem to have the energy lately! (It's all that dancing, I guess...lol)

I always enjoy your posts...your thoughts and your sense of humor. Keep on keeping on...it's a marathon, after all....*smile*....R8chel

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard