Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
tree
I don't think you screwed up that bad,I think you should tell him sometime that it bothers you that you are not included,but this may not be the time unless other people are taking their spouses.What you could do is if H likes the restraunt then surprise him and take him back there at a later date.stay focused.I wonder to if getting walked on all the time is worth it instead of just being happy.

Andy throws a bullseye once again. Master DB guy!

Tree, I don't think you screwed up that bad at all either.Stop beating yourself up girl.

I'm with Andy..your H has spoken volumes by his actions..he cares..he really does.

OR talk? I dunno..give it a bit of time see what you think..it will all be over soon.

Duchess

treesa2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Andy... whatta guy! whatta coach! thanks. So H has gone off to his event. He was at daughter's event - then ran off with the little one to get himself organized while I dropped off three giddy teenie boppers at a restaurant with the admonishment "don't forget to tip the servers!" along with a $20 bill. ( no way these kids will get alcohol right!) [Roll Eyes] The sight of little 13 and 14 yr old girls in their long dresses and stilleto shoes was too much for this old doll. My jock girl had the sense to stick with something far more sensible ( ok... I don't buy into 14 yr olds wearing stilletos)
H was ironing his own shirt as I arrived home.... painful to watch... I asked if he wanted me to take over... I did. Helped him pick a tie... a once a year kind of thing - off he went.

This too will soon be over. Pass the pinot grigio I'll be fine.
thanks all.
IMP... chat is on again... see ya soon Pal. [Wink]

tree

ANS Offline
Well done, tree!

Something else struck me about what you posted earlier.

quote:
Originally posted by treesa2:
Ya ... he has me in the sack, but there are days when I feel more like a whore than a wife...

Pleaaaaaaaaase, tree. If you do nothing else, chase that thought from your mind.

If you ever decide that you want to hurt him in a way that he can never recover from, just hint that you felt that way.

I think that, though he can't seem to verbalize his love for you... he can't bring himself to give you public displays of affection... This is his way of connecting with you.

Whore? I really don't think so.

Andy

Andy
treesa2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Harumpf Andy! I think I've just been lectured. You are more than likely right too, so I'll have to NOT bite back and take your wise counsel under advisement yet again. The whole connection thing... more than accurate I bet.
Where do you get this stuff? It's usually so right on it's freaky!

thanks
tree

ANS Offline
Sorry if I sounded like I was lecturing you, tree. I was just trying to caution you about letting slip some thoughts that he should never know about. Where do I get this stuff? Right out of my head. I know how I want sex to be for me, and I know he’d never recover from the “whore” thoughts because I can’t.

Andy
treesa2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Don't apologize Andy... there are times when a good lecture is called for. Even more importantly the male perspective and the "husband" perspective is critical, cuz of course being female I have no clue where men'
s thoughts are at on a good day never mind mediocre one!

With you I always know it's coming from the right place. [Cool] keep it coming!
tree

ANS Offline
Maybe I come across a little strong when it hits so close to home.

Andy
Well, I don't know if it hit home for tree, but it sure did for Wilma! Ouch. [Eek!] I can't tell you how much -- and you can certainly see the fix I'm in now. [Roll Eyes]

Thanks for the husband perspective, Andy!

wilma

I learn by going where I have to go. ~Theodore Roethke
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard