Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
#718591 06/16/06 05:56 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Wow those are expensive bras. Probably not going to do for tonight, but maybe for Vegas?

I might just be tacky but comfortable tonight and wear the tank I want and show strap. I'm not sure that the nude bra I have even fits, haven't worn it in a while. Darn.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
#718592 06/16/06 06:08 PM
I think you need a khaki bra with teal Swavorksi crystals to match the teal of the tank. That will be hard to get for tonight, but it's something to keep in mind. I am beginning to think a wardrobe is not complete without several bras that have crystals on the straps. I have them in peachy-nude, chambray blue and black so far. It makes it better than okay for your straps to show.

#718593 06/16/06 06:33 PM
T
OP Offline
T
That does sound fancy, but I don't have enough time or money for that tonight.
I'll see what it looks like with the nude bra (if it fits), otherwise I might go with a different top and save this for a night in vegas (not during the day because of the heat )

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
#718594 06/16/06 08:03 PM
T
OP Offline
T
So, any wise words of what to say to BF tonight?
I have to be civil since I have to travel to Vegas with him 4 weeks from today.

#718595 06/16/06 08:52 PM
TMW,
It won't make any difference what you say, he will continue to say what you want to hear and do nothing!!!!

SC,
Where do you get the bras with the crystals????

#718596 06/17/06 12:09 AM
As for what to say to your BF... I'd tell him what was on your mind. You do not have to be civil if you don't want to... remember this is the guy who rarely remembers what you said anyway, and it seems like when he does get pouty, he recovers very quickly.

And, you don't have to travel to Vegas with him.... he's only going at your invitation.

So it's up to you.... be nice and pretend everything is fine? Thus reinforcing to him that what's he's doing is good? I hate to see people compromise. I'd hate to see you transform from Too Many Words to Too Many Compromises.

#718597 06/17/06 12:13 AM
Quo, there's a lady in Ca that makes them-- she brings them to the bigger horseshows. Now that I'm doing so much crystal work, I'm going to just make my own. I just ordered several from VS on sale for just that purpose!

#718598 06/19/06 01:41 AM
T
OP Offline
T
So, I left work and I was happy to leave work - excited to meet up with friends and have a good time. I wasn't happy about seeing BF and his brother and dealing with them. I wasn't planning on spending the night or going to Michigan.
Well, we got the bar and BF gives me this HUGE bag. He said that he said on Wednesday I just had to wait. His brother got me a pocket dragon (small collectible dragon figures I collect). BF also got me one, and a big Corona gift set.
BF also got me a wonderful card about how he neglets to let me know how much I mean, etc.
He also paid for my drinks and snack for the night.

Oh - I did have a nude color bra that went perfectly with the tank.

My 1 friend was up at the bar early. Talking, have a good time catching up. Well, then I went to the bathroom and my arm was hurting. Turns out that the tank that I thought was so cute and wonderful - the sequence scratched up my arm so badly that I still have scratch marks. I called my other friend who wasn't at the bar yet and asked him to bring me a tshirt. Thank goodness!
I sang a bunch of songs. The entire bar was celebrating with me - sort of.

I was proud of myself, I let BF know that even though he made up for my birthday, that there was a lot that I was still upset about and I let him know that I was so upset about my birthday that I contact the travel lady to see if his name could be taken off the tickets. (Nontransferrable) He seemed pretty shocked.
I called and texted my mom and SD to let them know to call off the firing squad.
I slept at BF's since I decided to go to MI with them to their cousin's graduation party.

Ride up there wasn't great. Back seat. Also, on the way up there they tell me that we won't get home until about 2 or 3 in the morning. I was upset because I had been talking about my father's day plans all week - which had included going to an early breakfast with SD.
I left SD a note asking him to call me to let me know what he wanted to do for father's day - suggesting breakfast and flea market or store. I also sent a text in the early afternoon. No word back. Got to MI, ate, mingled.
I got along great with another of BF's cousins - she's a friend of mine too. So me, her, BF and his brother hung together most of the day.
BF's aunt and uncle live right on a lake, they have a speed boat, a pontoon (sp?) boat, and 2 jet skies. So we took the pontoon boat and a jet ski. It was awesome! Well, Eventually another cousin wanted to switch 1 jet ski for the one we were using. They took off and the 1 they left wouldn't start. Then the pontoon boat wouldn't start. About an hour later we were "rescued". (It's a pretty small lake)
The jet ski was having issues with the battery, the pontoon boat was just a pin out of something??
That got fixed. I told BF's mom that I am changing our flight to Las Vegas - because we've had trouble in a car and on a boat - air travel is the only thing left.

At night I got eaten by misquitos (I literally have at least 6 bites on my legs I can count just sitting here) We left around 11:30 or so.
SD never called or texted me. I tried 1 more time during the day, so I wasn't exactly concerned with getting home early to go to breakfast with him.

Got home around 3:30. Came home. Left SD's father's day gift on the table.
Woke up, SD tells me how his van's transmission is gone. He doesn't know what he's going to do, doesn't want to finance but doesn't want to spend all his savings. (not many other options there).
I offered him my car, but he declined. I was going to lay back down, but he started blasting the stereo (I think he had already started drinking)
I left around 1:30 to get BF and go to my Grandpa's to celebrate father's day with my dad for a little while. Then it was to my mom's for my b-day.

Had speghetti and cake. Then presents - I got some more dolphin stuff for my car and some funny tshirts and a birthday barbie (I asked her not to buy anymore, even though I did collect them - well, she bought them for me so I sort of was forced to collect them. But I told her, I don't have room for them and they often go right to storage) I also got a pocket dragon from her. Oh, and her fiancee gave me a season pass to a local amusement park (he got it from work, but still)
Time to leave and I had to get my bike - well....I got a brand new bike!! Turns out that her fiancee started to work on the 2 bikes I had, but there were too many problems with both to make a good bike, so her fiancee told her they should buy me a new one Happy ending to the Birthday week

On the rides today BF and I talked some more. I told him how sick I am of dating him and his brother and about communiciation issues.

So, that's the huge update of my weekend.

#718599 06/19/06 01:13 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I failed to mention SD yesterday - specifically his drinking. I commented that I thought he started drinking early - but it continued all day.
When I came home last night from my mom's he was in the back yard (with the dog in the stuffy house!).
I took my bike to the garage and I counted at least 21 empty beer cans laying all over the backyard. He had an empty bottle and can next to him on the table, there were a couple empty cans in the house. I thought he passed out when I went to bed. This morning, I found he must have gotten up and went out - the keys were in the door, on the outside. There was a kahula bottle on the table outside.

This is ridiculous. And he refuses to admit he has any sort of problem. There is more beer in the refridgerators (that's right, there's 2 in the house) - than anything, including food.

I just try to stay in my room and do my thing and stay out of his way and I keep the dog with me.

Anyway. Happier news - my birthday celebration(s) aren't over yet. I have all these coupons and tickets from companies that I have to use.
I have 8 tickets to the Improv comedy club, we're going tomorrow night.
BF won 8 tickets to Hilarities comedy club, we're going there Sunday night.

I also have ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery to get by the 28th. Free drink or dessert at a brewery - but that's good till December 31st. I have to get to Dave and Busters by 7/7 for 50 free game play chips and by 7/2 to get free $10 of game play with purchase of $20 game play. Oh, and I have to go to Buca de Beppo by 7/7 for a free dessert.
(And I'm trying to loose weight for Vegas)

Some I had to throw out, like free drink and chips at Blimpie, Free burger at Red Robin, free Entree at Damon's, $5 off $15 purchase at Bennigans and free entree and dessert. They expired between 6/7 and 6/21. Oh well

#718600 06/19/06 06:50 PM
TMW,

OK, I'll bite. How do you get all of this free stuff?

Sorry about SD. He must be a very unhappy guy!

Love,
Bethie

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard