Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
#718581 06/14/06 02:03 PM
T
OP Offline
T
So it seems no one cares or remembers my b-day (except a few, like you wonderful people). My mom was AIM and sent an instant message just saying happy birthday.
Other friends online didn't say anything. No calls or texts - even from BF.

This may sound off to some people reading - but this just isn't anything like what I'm used to on my B-day. Usually my mom calls and wakes me up at the time I was born (7:58am). Usually my grandma calls and there is a big hoopla.
Just feeling a bit bummed and wanted to vent somewhere.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
#718582 06/15/06 11:16 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Not sure why I'm writing other than to vent some more.
I'm about 95% sure that I don't want to celebrate my birthday anymore. I got calls yesterday from Xh's family member, BF, my Grandma (well my step Grandma), my mom's fiancee, and a friend. My mom instant messaged me and sent me an ecard. BF's mom sent me an ecard. I got cards in the mail from my grandma and grandpa, my great aunt, my great grandma and XH's mom. Oh, and SD sent me a text as did another of my friends.

Left work. BF called on my way home, said they were having sloppy joe's. Went over. Ate. Watched the Simpsons.
He gave me a card and a CD visor holder. Corona.
Then he showed me some Family Guy shot glasses he bought for himself.
Then we went in the garage and he and his brother stripped aluminum from copper. I left just before 7:30. Oh - and his mom told me she forgot it was my birthday, so I have a gift coming.

I went home and cried. My mom wants to kill him.
SD came home, very surprised that I was home already. He thought BF and or BF's family was going to do something for me. I told him I thought so too. I was upset, he could see it. I was on the computer talking to my mom. She's mad at BF. SD called her on his cell phone to tell her about BF. Then SD stayed in his room all night. Fell asleep/passed out. I stayed in my room all night on the computer and watching tv. My mom kept telling me that Sunday is the big celebration and she's saving the best for last. BF called last night. I didn't answer - the first 4 times he called. The 5th I picked up. Said hello? He said he called to say he loved me. I said ok. I said I was in bed, said goodnight and hung up.
I just want to forget this birthday ever happened.
I wish Vegas wasn't booked already. I wish I wasn't so stupid to love such a moron.

I don't plan on answering my phone today. I currently am not planning to go to the bar tomorrow night. I currently am not planning on going to Michigan for BF's cousin's graduation party.

I'm hurt, I'm angry, I'm disgusted and I needed to vent.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
#718583 06/15/06 06:16 PM
T
OP Offline
T
So, I changed my mind on celebrating. (big surprise)

Going to the bar. At least 2 of my friends and 1 of their girlfriends will be there. Plus the idiot and his sidekick companion brother.

This is turning into one of those urban legend stories - no one can believe he actually got me a cd visor, and to top it off he showed me the shot glasses he bought himself. Everyone I talk to is in shock and awe.

BF called earlier. 1st time I didn't answer. 2nd time I answered. He was asking about some guy on a tv show. If the guy had passed away. Roy on Boy Coddington's car show. (he did earlier this year from cancer) Didn't talk long, didn't have much to say.

#718584 06/15/06 07:39 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Screw dieting and trying to loose weight right now. Got me a coupon for a free pizza. Got me some dinner for today, lunch for tomorrow and maybe dinner tomorrow depending on if SD eats any.

#718585 06/16/06 01:39 PM
T
OP Offline
T
So, I didn't get the pizza. Coupon turned out to be fake. Oh well. SD had taken the day off from working and he had cooked out and made some city chicken. Yum. So I ate that. I just relaxed yesterday. Organized my cd's - sort of. I'm missing quite a few. Hmmmm

BF called, first time I didn't answer. 2nd time I did. Short conversation. He asked what I was doing, I said organizing cd's. That was about it.

Tonight I have to work an hour late till 6, overtime. 5 hours this week, 5 hours next week. Will make for a good paycheck, but draining.
My mind is preoccupied thinking about what karaeoke songs I'll be sining tonight. I know I'll sing my usual Black Velvet, I'm actually a little nervous to sing since more of my friends will be there.

I have to use my lunch and run to Wal-mart. I need a lint roller for the black pants I want to wear tonight. I have to find an appropriate bra for the tank I want to wear tonight. I have to get Father's day gift for my dad and something for my mom's fiancee and a card for my grandpa.

4 weeks till vegas from today!! To be exact, it's 27 days and about 23 hours!

#718586 06/16/06 02:59 PM
T
OP Offline
T
So, I just got a call from XH. A bit wierd. He called to wish me a happy belated birthday. He said he didn't call on my birthday cause he wasn't sure what I'd be doing. I told him I worked all day and that was it. I told him how I thought SD forgot. Told him about celebrating with my dad and how I plan to go to my mom's Sunday.
He asked about tonight - I told him just going to the bar with friends to celebrate. Talked about the dog a little. Talked about SD a little. I asked if he had anything planned for his mom's birthday - he said he was waiting to hear from her if she wanted to do anything. I mentioned about his sister coming to town, he didn't seem to have any idea.
He said something again about tonight, I asked what he was doing - he said nothing planned, he has to work tomorrow. He said he was cleaning. I mentioned how I was also organizing things at SD's.
I asked if anything was new with him - just working like usual. I mentioned how my work was getting crazy - overtime and everything.

Just got a wierd vibe, like usual from him - even over the phone. Not sure what's up, or if it's just cause it's him or if there is more to it. Oh well

#718587 06/16/06 04:54 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I have this beautiful teal tank with spaghetti thin, kakhi colored straps. I don't have a bra that matches the color exact. It does not have a built in bra. It does have a layer or two extra at the chest area. The strapless bra I have is not low cut enough (and is a bit uncomfortable). What should I do?

Bra strap white?
Bra strap nude?
No bra (I'm not huge, but not small either)?
Really uncomfortable strapless that will peak?
Don't wear this tank?

Any other options?

#718588 06/16/06 05:33 PM
Yes, there are bras with "clear" straps. I have a couple of them and love them!!!!

#718589 06/16/06 05:44 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Hmmmm....another trip to wal-mart, if they have them.

#718590 06/16/06 05:47 PM
S
S
I would suggest what WCBeth showed this to me. The nude bra I beleive it is the Ipex by Victoria Secret with the clear straps. Goes with everything luv!! Best purchase I have made this summer so far (well sans the ticket for Vegas).

love, laughter and friendship, Lisa
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard