Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
TMW: It almost sounds too good to be true. Do you have to go to a timeshare? Read all the fine print. I hope that's not it. I shun these on a regular basis.

That said, I have just returned from Vegas. I go every year with my friends and most often with my daughter.

At Emeril's there is only one dessert that is an absolute don't miss - Banana Cream Pie. Trust me - I don't eat it anywhere else but this is to die for! I just grabbed one before flying home.

The shops at the Venetian, Caesars and Aladdin are great! You've hit on most of the best. My favourite buffet is in Paris. I also love Mon Amie Gabi - a Parisian cafe. Get an outdoor table and you'll enjoy the Bellagio fountains from there.

Hard Rock Hotel is awesome - I saw Rod Stewart there and at the CVS drug store across the street 3 weeks ago.

All Wolfgang Pucks and Spago restaurants are wonderful too.

Enjoy!

Barb

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Barb!

I'm still in disbelief - but I have the excitement of planning for the next 4 weeks and 4 days. And in the mean time I have my b-day and a graduation party and father's day and we're going to go see Rocky Horror Picture show on July 1st and there's 4th of July.

So, there are some distractions Takes my mind away from thinking about the 1 year ago stuff that is coming up.

Had a great time Friday - we went to a wine tasting at a wine store. $5 and we got to taste 6 wines and there were some snacks. I only had 1 piece of pizza before we left, so 6 ounces or so of wine had be all loopy. And only the 1st wine we tasted was good. But I was so loopy, on the car ride from the wine tasting to the bar, BF made me angry - so I bit him! He has this big mark on his arm. I laughed so hard. Still am.
Had a fun night of Karaeoke too. I sang 4 or 5 songs. It was fun.

Saturday night was dinner with my dad. It was my dad, his girlfriend, my little sister, BF, my grandma and his wife, my uncle, his girlfriend and her daughter. It was huge. Food was good - I didn't eat Crab legs though. No one else ordered them and I've never cracked legs before and I didn't want to feel like an idiot. Well, after dinner that happened anyway - because Joe's Crab Shack was told it was my birthday. So they all came to sing, but at Joe's it isn't just singing. I had to put this hat on that was a squid and I had to ride a little fake pony on a stick around the table. I also had to stand up and dance the Hokey Pokey in front of the entire resturant. The food was good. My dad gave me this beautiful dolphin necklace. My sisters gave me charms for my italian charm bracelet. My dad's girlfriend gave me beautiful dolphin earrings and my grandpa gave me 10 lotto tickets and I won $5!

I'm probably going to my mom's Thursday night to celebrate and eat Speghetti. Not sure what if anything I'm doing with SD and BF says he doesn't have anything planned or anything yet.

I spent the weekend at BF's again. Last night he surprised me and offered to take the dog for the night and for today. It's nice to have a break every once in a while. Didn't have to worry about rolling over him in bed and I got to sleep in a few minutes since I didn't have to worry about taking him out and setting up his kitchen cage.

I know SD was upset with the dog Friday - cause while I was taking a shower getting ready, the dog pooed in SD's bedroom. I appologized, but SD is still upset.

Oh well. 4 weeks 4 days till Vegas baby!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
S
S
Vegas... just remember that What happens in Vegas does not always stay there... LOL I can definitley vouch for that!!

Anyway, we all went a few weeks back and WCBeth took us to the Mandalay Bay Hotel to the Red Square Martini Bar... I highly recommend, it's always featured on the Travel Channel and it's a great people watching place. We saw some famous guy there... the one with the red poofy hair... can't remember his name right now.

Oh and you have to have a burger at InNOut!! That is an absolute must!!

Have fun!!

love, laughter and friendship, Lisa
T
OP Offline
T
Adding to the To Do List: Red Square Martini Bar at Mandalay Bay and burger at InNOut

Was the guy you seen Carrot Top?

Thanks

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
S
S
Yup!! That was him, Carrot Top!! You have to try the White Chocolate Martini!! It was to-die-for!!!

T
OP Offline
T
Oh! I love White Chocolate!

I have to stop eating for the next 4 weeks and 4 days - especially with all the food I'm going to be eating in 1 weekend and then I won't eat again for the rest of the summer. LOL

Oh - I forgot before, this is not one of those timeshare deals or anything. It's mine, done, clear. I will get the travel info about 2 weeks before my trip, so that means I'll get it in about 2 weeks. In an email today they let me know that I'll get my $500 spending money in 5 $100 american express gift cheques.

I am so excited!!

Last edited by Toomanywords; 06/12/06 02:47 PM.

N
N
take a side trip and see Red Rock outside of town. Do the the AM since the heat is quite much now plus the low angle of the sinlite enhances the effects. 5$ gets you into the park area and it's worth it however you can drive by for free.

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

T
OP Offline
T
I will probably have to keep that on a side note for next time. We are only going for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and we aren't getting a car. So, it's pretty much just the strip for us, this time.

Oh yeah, the Martini Bar is great. I suggest getting there at noon and sampling one of each!!!! You may want to consider getting a "designated walker" to help you back to your hotel tho!!!!

S
S
Quote:

You may want to consider getting a "designated walker" to help you back to your hotel tho!!!!

LOL... absolutely I highly recommend the designated walker... but you can't have mine, cause we all know now... what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay there!!

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard