Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
#718531 05/31/06 11:54 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Yeah, he has a different cell phone service and charger than me and his brother have. Oddly me and his brother have the same type of phone - Motorola, so we have the same charger. I didn't think to bring mine and he forgot his. Stupid stupid stupid.
But now it's on the packing list should I ever go anywhere.

Went to BF's to get the rest of my stuff and the dog after work yesterday. Was falling asleep. Left there, went to SD's and ate. Put my laundry away. Just tried to relax and tried to cool off. It was about 90 degrees yesterday and it will be the same today. He has a ton of fans going. Not helping much.

Still a little tired, but getting back to normal. My feet are still a bit swollen.

SD cleaned out a large part of the garage. Throwing a lot of stuff away. Now I can access my stuff more easily.
Now if only he could finish the backroom so I can get my stuff organized in there we'd be in business.

Not much else going on.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
#718532 05/31/06 05:14 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I really truly don't try to attract drama. There are good things here too.

Current issues - mom's fiancee is at the hospital. Some problem with the catheter. The area is all swollen and a fever. He was supposed to go back to work today. He called off yesterday because he was so worried about my mom driving to get me and bf and driving home.

My grandma is in town for my cousin's graduation. Graduation party Saturday. I also got tickets for this TV preview/survey/opinion thing Saturday night.

Oh, and for anyone interested - Friday is free doughnut day at Krispy Kreme.

My b-day is in 2 weeks!

I have an interview 1st thing tomorrow morning. I don't know if I applied to this place in the past or if they found my resume online. They have an opening, but it doesn't have an exact title. It's for a non-profit assessment and treatment program. The position is about quality and statistics. The guy said it goes perfect with my psychology and sociology. They are funded from about 22 different organizations - and they want various information about the facility. They need tracking of quality and suggestions, etc. So, I'm going to talk to him at 8am tomorrow morning. He said it won't take long, so I figured I'll be a little late to work and make up the time. Only problem is traffic tie ups are going to make the drive a bit longer than anticipated.

XH is being some sort of animal's behind. Yesterday my HR person gave me and everyone else health insurance information. They company they did use is raising rates over 30%. So, our company is going to shop around for better rates. To do so, they need every employee to complete this little application. My hr person wants this paperwork today. Problem is they need info on Prior Health Insurance Information. Insurance company name, policy number, etc. I don't have this info as it was all through XH's work. I left messages at his work & I tried to call his home but there was no answer, not even the answering machine. Argh.

Oh, and my mother and big mouth made a situation bad.
BF's mom watched my dog all weekend. My dog is supposed to only eat his food because he has a genetic defect that his kidneys cannot filter out minerals from food - so minerals get through and go in his bladder that causes irritation that causes crystals that could form bladder stones.
Anyway - in the past when he excessively licks himself in that oh so special place, there is usually an infection aka crystals.
I noticed he was licking more than usual yesterday and today. So, this morning when I was talking to my mom I mentioned it and said he probably got slipped some people food.

Well.....my grandma showed up at my mom's work (note that BF's mom also works there for anyone just tuning in). BF's mom was making some comments to other women in the kitchen about how my mom doesn't get along well with her mom - so my mom was mad and turned to Bf's mom and said, "Well you got the dog sick!"
As soon as my mother related this story to me I told her how upset I was since I told her that I thought the dog might have an infection/irritation and if he did it would probably be from being fed people food.

I think the A/C is broken here at work. I'm dying of heat here. It's almost as bad as at SD's. Nah, take that back. Not as bad.
It rained for a whole 10 mintues - but the sun is coming back out. We need some rain. We need to get rid of this darn humidity

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
#718533 05/31/06 05:30 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Can you call HR at XH's work and get the info from them?

Ellie

#718534 05/31/06 06:06 PM
T
OP Offline
T
They won't tell me anything since I'm the XW. Nothing at all.

I'm going to have to guess so I can get this paperwork into my HR person.

Hmmmmm...any ideas what to get an 18 year old guy? I have no idea what he likes. He isn't going to college, so I don't really want to give him money. I don't remember what, if anything, his aunt sent me for my high school graduation. I think I'll send an email to my aunt asking what he likes.

#718535 05/31/06 06:17 PM
K
kml Offline
K
I don't know why they wouldn't tell you about your old coverage, since you WERE on it.

As for the 18 year old - money's still good. Maybe he's buying a car or taking a trip.

Ellie

#718536 05/31/06 06:19 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I'm going to take a good guess at the company.

My cousin - I don't want to give him money because he isn't going anywhere. He doesn't want to do anything. No goals, no ambition, nothing. He finished high school simply because his mom wanted him too. He has always gotten good grades, he just hates school. He's happy working at the the local movie theater.

#718537 05/31/06 07:19 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I get to go to the store tonight.
I have 4 birthday cards to get. While I'm there I'll get my cousin's graduation card and maybe gift. BF's cousin is also graduating, so I'll get another graduation card and maybe a small gift. Since I'll be shopping for cards - I'll pick up 3 father's day cards (my dad, xSD and mom's fiancee). I'll also be really more than nice and get a card to XH from the dog. Something I've always done.

Geesh.

#718538 06/01/06 01:27 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I'm almost hesitant to write this.

Alright, I'll start with last night. I stopped at the store, dropped off film from the weekend and bought some healthy food. Also bought birthday cards, graduation cards and father's day cards.
Dying of heat at SD's, so I took the dog for a walk over to BF's. I was upset with BF since he hadn't called - he didn't do anything all day, just too lazy to call me. There is also something that happened this past weekend that I'm upset with him about and he is avoiding. Well, his mom bought dinner. We went to pick it up. I told BF that I was upset with him and I'm upset that he avoids the issue/conversation. So when I left I told him to call me when he has something to say.

He called me at 11:45pm and left me a message to call him. He knows I'm usually asleep before then. I left him a message this morning to call me.

Alright, now for my super exciting hopefuly not too soon to say news.
I had an interview this morning. Only 1 person here at my current job knew about it. She's also looking.
Anyway - got lost several times along the way because of construction. Got there. 1st guy liked me so much, he had me go for my 2nd interview with the lady who makes the decision and would be my boss right then and there. She asked me a bunch of standard questions. Told me about the position (data entry - checks and balances - quality - assessment) Told me how much she loves her job and how she's been there for 7 years, etc, etc, etc.
She told me right there that she thinks I would be right for the job - but she HAS to do a few more interviews. She asked about time frame I could start and salary. It's a much high position than was explained over the phone. I was a bit dumbfounded on what to say for salary. I didn't want to scare her away from, I didn't want to cheat myself.
I'm so excited, so scared.

#718539 06/01/06 06:33 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Turns out BF was just calling me last night to say "It's ok" - there was bad storm last night, lots of thunder and lightening and he knew I was a little scared.

I need a vacation.
This month is already sounding busy, or at least the next 2 weeks.

This weekend is my cousin's graduation party. I also have tickets to this TV survey thing. I get to preview some tv shows and give my opinion. I have 4 tickets to that.

Tuesday I have free tickets to a comedy club for my birthday.

Saturday my dad is taking me out to dinner to Joe's Crab Shack.

Sunday the 11th is Pay Per View Wrestling. (Bf and his brother like to go to 1 particular bar and watch, the bar has panini sandwiches!)

Wednesday the 14th is my b-day.

Saturday the 17th I'm going to Michigan for BF's cousin's graduation party.

The 18th is Father's day (Don't even ask how I plan to juggle THAT! Maybe breakfast with 1, lunch with another and dinner with the 3rd?)

I also have coupons for a free appetizer or dessert at a Brewery downtown. The day I use that I'll plan to go to another comedy club I have a gift certificate for. I have a coupon to Quiznos for my birthday for a free drink and bag of chips with a sandwich. I have a free appetizer coupon for my b-day to Joe's Crab Shack - I'll use that with my dad.

Who knows what else I'll get. I like signing up for free stuff and getting rewarded on my birthday.
I already know I'll be getting a free appetizer or something from red lobster. I get a free cookie or something from Borders (Borders rewards).

Whew!

No idea what I'm doing for my birthday. I miss having someone plan my birthdays (at least the party part) - since my birthday is the same day as someone in XH's family, the family would just plan 1 big thing. Oh well. I know better than to expect that BF would actually plan something.

#718540 06/02/06 01:12 PM
T
OP Offline
T
So I barely heard from BF yesterday. I called him during the day when I got the call about tickets for the comedy club - I discussed upcoming events. After I got home from work I took the dog for a walk over to his house to drop off pictures I got developed from the weekend. Him and his brother were sleeping! I asked why they were so tired (not like they do much) He said they got 1/2 a car for scrap and he pulled a muscle in his back. After a short while sitting there and him falling asleep I left.

Later I sent him a text message asking where bottle of wine I bought for last weekend was and asking him what was up with him. He called me. He said the bottle was in his basement. He was quiet, as usual. I don't remember who asked, but we got on the subject of tonight's activities. He said something about the bar and I almost blew up.
I was upset and I was probably a bit sarcastic - I said something about him wanting to be with his brother more than me. (Specificaly because I have mentioned this place I heard about - Every friday night, 5 bucks, tons of appetizers and nice pours.) He forgot (big surprise?!)
He said next Friday. This made me more upset because prior in the day I had told him I wanted to go see the movie Cars that is coming out next Friday. He asked why we couldn't see it Saturday. I explained again that next Saturday is dinner with my dad and Sunday night is their Pay Per View. I was upset and he was annoyed or aggrivated ro something. So I told him I'd let him get back to his scrapping and we hung up.
There was more to it, I just don't remember all the details because I was angry and a bit tired.
After we hung up I was being a smart a$$ and I sent him a text message "FYI Here's my schedule. 3rd grad party & tv thing. 6th 4th st theater. 10th dinner w/dad 18th father's day.

I didn't even include going to see the movies I want to see or their Pay Per View or his cousins graduation. Or my birthday or our anniversary.

I'm upset with him for a variety of reasons. I'm tired - still think my body is trying to recover from last weekend. And I'm hormonal.

Just needed to vent a little.

Oh and my mom seems upset because she wasn't invited my cousin's graduation party (but I was). Also my grandma mentioned something about maybe trying to get everyone together this Sunday at an amusement park. So last minute. I like planning things ahead. This sunday is supposed to rain here. And I hate seeing the family use my grandma. My aunt ALWAYS has my grandma buy her groceries when my grandma comes to town. Takes grandma shopping and sort of guilts my grandma into paying/buying things.
And my grandma has become so used to this, she gets upset when I don't let her pay for things and she takes me to a store and I don't find anything.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard