Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
S
SP1 Offline
S
Hi Sage -
Just checking to see how your bedrest is going? Hope you are finding lots of good things to read and books on tape galore, etc.
Looking forward to the next Sage update

Take Care,
SP

According to the Buddha, praise and blame, gain and loss, pleasure and sorrow may "come and go like the wind," but happiness comes if you can "rest like a great tree in the midst of them all."
sage Offline OP
OP Offline
SP,

Thanks so much for checking on me! Things are going well. I'm 33 weeks tomorrow which means that I've been on bedrest for 8 weeks! YIKES! In another week they'll let me do a few things (like sit up ) and 4 weeks from tomorrow I'm FREE!

We feel very lucky that the BR has kept things stable for such a long time. It hasn't always been easy to keep my spirits up or to keep the strain from getting between h and me but overall, I think we've weathered this exceptionally well.

I'm still working from home which is great and extremely tiring. I still have tons to do before maternity leave! I've also been reading a lot and we started private birthing classes. I'm doing hypnobirthing which is self-hypnosis so it's right up my meditation brain's alley! Of course my (not so supportive) dr. said "we'll be right behind you with the epidural".

h continues to be great. I have to admit that the hardest part for me is to not ASSume that he's angry or put out or irked by the sitch and just hiding it! He's very loving to me and to the baby. I think he's going to be a great dad.

I lurk everyday but don't post much...it's tiring to type lying on my side and during the week I have to devote that energy to work. I started re-reading DR a few weeks ago and then slacked off...I'd like to pick it up again before my life is filled with a newborn!!!

Waves to Pam and Jennifer, too! Thanks for coming by my thread!!

Sage

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
L
L
Sage,
Just saying I know how you feel with the BR thing. I was in the hospital on BR for 13 weeks with our 3rd son. I remember the torture but it was worth it in the end. I'll be praying for you.

Lisa_c

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage. ~ by Lao Tzu ~
S
S
Hi Sage - Wow 33 weeks, from this far away, it seems to have flown by

Slowly

A Liberal Allowance of Time
sage Offline OP
OP Offline
Slowly -- How do you feel when I tell you it's 34 now??? In many ways it has flown by though like with other things, there are days that seem to drag on forever!

My dr. gave me new guidelines yesterday -- I can be up and about so long as I don't "go crazy". H and I went out to dinner for the first time in months last night! It was wonderful, but very scary, to be out and about with him. I'm willing to welcome our baby whenever but I could REALLY use some more time...to reconnect with h, to get things settled at work, to get some diapers from the store (sort of kidding about this but we have nothing in the kid's room!)and to get my head wrapped around being a mom! Yowza.

Lisa -- You have my admiration! I can't imagine being away from home base with 2 kids during bedrest! That must have been an amazing ordeal.

Things at home are good. h continues to be extremely understanding and supportive. Despite my new freedoms he's still downstairs making me breakfast. I think we're both of the mindset that less movement by Sage is still a good thing.

I'm still feeling somewhat insecure, though, about what this 9+ weeks has done...feeling badly about being a "burden" about not meeting h's needs (emotional, physical), about being wrapped up in me and my own thoughts, etc. Of course, resonating behind ALL of this is the thought "Doubting, stressing, ruminating, is probably a bigger problem than the bedrest itself" so I am working hard at changing my mindset.

Sage

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
K
kml Offline
K
Sage - How well I remember, getting off bedrest and having NOTHING ready for the baby yet!!!

So - did you miss all the excitement over on Pam's thread last week?

Enjoy your newfound mobility. Give your H WOA about what a great father he'll be (you wouldn't believe how much guys worry about that).

Ellie

S
S
Sage-

34 weeks!! Woohoo. I understand the mental torment that goes along with bedrest. I was on br with both my children for about 10+ weeks each. After the initial joy of resting, there is nothing else to do but sit there and think.

It's great that you recognize it and you are trying to change your mindset. As far as feeling badly about being a "burden" well, if you asked H if he felt you were a burden what do you honestly think his response would be? Your carrying his child, and you are having complications, maybe the fact that you are on br and need help from H makes he feel needed and wanted, and that he has an active role in your pregnancy. Can you change your mindset to think that instead of feeling like a burden?

I'm glad that some of your restrictions were lifted. I remember when I was finally allowed to be up for more then 15 minutes a day.....it was like a new found freedom! Both my children were premature and very tiny at birth...but they are healthy and thriving children. Take it easy though, both on your body and mind.

~SE

I'm moving on...at last I can see...life has been patiently waiting for me.

Me-32
WAH-35
DD-11
DS-4
H left 11-03
Piecing- 12/04
WAH again- 03/07
Married 12 years
Divorce final May 15, 2007
S
SP1 Offline
S
Hi Sage - Just wondering how you are doing? You must be getting close to delivery or have you had your baby yet?! Hope you, H, & Sage Jr. are all doing well

SP

According to the Buddha, praise and blame, gain and loss, pleasure and sorrow may "come and go like the wind," but happiness comes if you can "rest like a great tree in the midst of them all."
sage Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi SP,

I haven't been on for a while because, yes, I did deliver our beautiful daughter, Charlotte Grace on 3/6/06. She was 4+ weeks early and came into the world at 5lbs, 18 inches, via c-section (after 15 hours of unmedicated labor!!!).

She spent 8 days in the special care nursery for normal preemie issues (holding temperature, jaundice, etc.). It was extremely stressful but we were surrounded by wonderful nurses and doctors.

We all came home yesterday (I spent 5 days in the hospital and then 3 more in a nearby motel so I could breastfeed round the clock). She's doing well after keeping her mom up all night . Oh, and did I mention that she's gorgeous???

H and I are doing really well...thanks, once again, to all that we built up during DB'ing.

I'll check back in soon!

Sage

I
I
Oh Sage! Congratulations!!!

Wonderful, stupendous, miraculous news!!!

God bless you, and your wonderful family!

<doing happy dance!>

M

(Yeah, I changed my log-on...It's me, Martha )

Every Day a New Day
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard