Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#494594 08/19/05 02:33 PM
OP Offline
Karen!

LOL! I have seen these electric colors at work! egads, how does anyone relax in colors like shocking pink and super orange?

She kept on looking at them and saying, "Yuck, I can't sleep in anything so ugly!" and plus they were all poly/cotton blends, and she is a 100% cotton kind of gal.

Well, thanks for the visit! I will have to see what is up in Karen's world, and check your thread.

Take care,
sg

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

#494595 08/19/05 05:33 PM
Hi Goddess,

You are sounding so good and so strong! Boy this sure has been a long hard road, but we've made it. We are the lucky ones to have found this board and all of this great support! I have no idea how anyone who doesn't have this comes through.

As for your husband, I do feel sad for him. To know that you are probably making the biggest mistake of your life, and yet be powerless to do anything to change the course is something that I will never understand.

I have 1 more year with my youngest until she also flies the coop. It's sad but exciting at the same time. If anyone told me that I would be this conflicted, I would never have believed them. I've always felt that my son and I kind of grew up together, then my middle one came along for the ride & we had so much fun. My baby however is just that my baby and the time with her was just a bleep on the radar screen.

Nobody ever tells you how deeply you will love your children.........sigh.

Take care Goddess. You are the best!

Love,
Bethie

#494596 08/31/05 01:51 PM
OP Offline
Hello friends!

My all to brief vacation is over and now my life is in overdrive for the rest of the year. The first day of school (Where I work) was Monday, and as usual I had such a great time seeing all the kiddos. I really love that aspect of my job! I don't know exactly what kind of work I will be doing when I graduate, I know it will have something to do with education, but I am fairly certain I won't be able to continue doing what I do and support myself. In my area (which has a HIGH cost of living) my job is not suitable for someone who is on their own. Our district has lots of jobs that are funded at a level for someone who either a) is working a supplemental job so that they can be involved with their kids school or b) is working an entry level job so that they can say they have experience in the school system.
These jobs are typically filled by Stay at Home Moms who have advanced degrees and just want to work a few hours to be involved with their kids schools. Since our area has no shortage of this kind of worker, there is little interest on the districts part in fully funding these positions.
ANYWAY I digress. I just know that I won't be able to continue doing what I do now, and part of me is a little sad about that since I love what I do.

Speaking of a little sad...My D is getting ready to go away in 10 days. She is saying goodbye to her friends and her teachers. Yesterday she had her last piano lesson. We LOVE her teacher! D spent almost an entire day making a hand-made card for her teacher and wrote a very lovely note. Yesterday when she came home from her lesson, she was a little sad. She had to spend some time in her room, alone.

She also will have to say goodbye to her riding instructor, someone she has been working with and riding with since she was 13.

At this point I think the saying goodbye part is overwhelming the great new experiences part! <sigh>

My Master's is in the final stretch. I have to complete my research project and write it up, plus I have to mentor someone this semester. Then graduation on December 16th!

If everything goes right I will be graduated and divorced by 2006. Then on to bigger and brighter things!

Well friends, I have been SO busy lately, not much time to post, but I do read people's threads...Love and strength and hugs to those of you who need it! (You know who you are!) and Love and strength and hugs and congratulations to those of you starting new adventures! (Quo and AG! )

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

#494597 08/31/05 02:26 PM
Hi Goddess,

So great to hear from you. I understand the sadness that you feel on seeing your daughter off to school. It ends a chapter that we can never get back. However, I now realize that when we do get our kids back, they are now somewhat different people. I find now that I am one of the first people that my son will call to share any news with, or to vent, or even seek advice. That's a far cry from those teenage years when the were so guarded and everything that we said or did P'd them off.

How exciting to be about to embark on a whole new life. It's kind of like a second shot at things. This time I plan on playing my cards very carefully. I have no doubt that with you being the person you are, wonderful things will come your way!

Take care...........

Love,
Bethie

#494598 08/31/05 02:53 PM
Hi SG,
It's so exciting that you've almost accomplished your goals!!! Wow, I admire your perseverence. My goal, at this point, is to retire and find something I love doing. I'm thinking life guard, jet ski rentals, bartender, cruise director....

I'm sure you'll find a job that will work out for you.

Just tell your potential employers that you're a "Goddess"!!!

#494599 09/01/05 01:36 AM
Hey SG!
You are an awesome Goddess for sure!
What accomplihsments you have tackled,and you did it , rasing your C and going thru this nasty MLC!

I bow you to you my goddess lol
Really you should be proud, now see THIS is what its about, watching people like you, dust off and not only get on w/ their life, but get on w/ it even better then before!

go gettem girl!

** Karen ** ** Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life **
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard