Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
S
S
Quote:

Yahoo!!!! I am posting to you from my laptop with its newly-installed wireless card!

This means you can take your laptop when travelling too. Most airports have wireless hubs these days

A Liberal Allowance of Time
Very cool, Ellie! I'm jealous!

I can't wait to go wireless myself.

When does son come up to UCB?

SG

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

M
M
Hi Ellie..

Cool job on the wireless..I need to get one of those!

Hey, I just read your recap on your old thread. Wow,good for you about climbing Mt. Whitney..Way to GAL big time.

I think you have cruised my thread a time or two..

I have gone dark for a week. Never have done that in my entire 15 year relationship with H. I mean, ignored him.

Just curious, if you get a chance, could you read my last few posts. I recapped my sitch over the past eight months and it is truley nuts. Was wondering if you thought going dark would be the right move or not..

So sorry to bother you with my troubles. You give awesome advice and I am kind of at a loss to what I can do right now.

Thanks, Ellie..You power DBer you!!

xoxo
PAtti

MTN xoxoxo

me - 43
XH - 47
S - 17
D - 14

engaged - 08
and happy!

bomb 04
divorced 06
engaged 08
happy in 09!
M
M
p.s. I am over in MLC forum..

WHOOPS!!

MTN xoxoxo

me - 43
XH - 47
S - 17
D - 14

engaged - 08
and happy!

bomb 04
divorced 06
engaged 08
happy in 09!
M
M
Ellie, I hunted for you when your previous thread locked up -- just wanted to tell you that I admire your level-headed and fearless advice. Your patients must be very, very fortunate to have you.

You've got the beat,
Michele

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Goodness!\\I come back from the weekend and I've got posts!

Debra - the sex thing, probably isn't personal ( about you). Depression can cause all kinds of problems with libido. Alcohol can do this. Aging can. And frankly, I've often wondered if some of the MLC guys aren't experiencing a drop in testosterone before they go off - like they are startiong to notice some drop in desire, and have to go seek the novelty of an affair to "pump them up" so to speak.

SG - son moves in around August 23. He goes up for orientation July 15 but I think we are sending him alone for that. We'll also be up for parent's day weekend Oct. 1. But what I really need to do is arrange a weekend to go visit him by myself, and see all my DB buddies at the same time He graduates this Thursday.

MTN - I'll be over.

Thanks,everyone, for the compliments.

Ellie

M
M
HI Ellie!!

Good morning!! Hope you had a great weekend!!

No rush..Went dark..I think it is working for me!!

I am still soooo impressed about your mountain climbing!!

Inspires me!! I was just proud of myself for going back to the gym last Thursday!!

xoxo
MTN

MTN xoxoxo

me - 43
XH - 47
S - 17
D - 14

engaged - 08
and happy!

bomb 04
divorced 06
engaged 08
happy in 09!
ellie:

Thanks for your response re: the sex issue. I hope it is not me but he makes me feel as if it is. (apparently he had no problem with OW. She is ugly but thin) He says he needs me to be thin as sex is very visual for him. I dont think I will ever be thin, healthy is the best I can hope for. I have always been chubby even when we first got together and the combination of having two children and a very underactive thyroid have done me in. I take my medication every day, go to the gym everyday and watch what I eat but all I have really been able to do it stop the gaining.

You have mentioned in earlier posts that you too have a thyroid problem. Do you know of anything else I can do? I have taken every diet pill known to man, read every book out there and have tried every diet program there is. My doctor is just not a very informational kind of guy who tells me I can fix everything if I just "Run". My Gyno says that is fine if I want all my insides to come out she says walking, biking eliptical are all fine. (I am 45 and have had loose bladder and uterine issues)

Thanks for your time Ellie. I appreciate it. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them. My thread is over on MLC under Debra. I am journaling there to try and see if that will help me decide what direction I want my life to go in since nothing else is helping.

debra
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Oh, Debra, I hear you on the weight and thyroid thing! Right now I have 20 lbs. that just don't seem to want to get lost.

Some things to try -
- first, make sure your TSH is below 2. "Normal" in the lab is usually 0.4 to 4.5 or thereabouts (varies from lab to lab) but the endocrinologists now consider a TSH above 3 to be possibly abnormal, and infertility doctors know hypothyroid patients conceive more easily if they keep their TSH between 1 and 2.

- you could try a combination of T4 and T3 (Synthroid - or levothroid - and cytomel). I am currently trying this - I can't say if it has really made a difference in my case, but apparently it really helps some. The best book on this subject is The Thyroid Solution by Ridha Arem MD.

- I do find I personally do better if I eat more protein and less carbs. Weight training also helps although it is a bit of a catch-22: I can't seem to build muscle when my thyroid is out of whack.

My H is really visual too, and he is completely unable to understand why I still have thyroid issues if my lab numbers look okay. Makes me feel like a neurotic hypochondriac if I even bring it up. Just went down that cheeseless tunnel with him again the other day - when will I ever learn????

I hear you, though, and share your frustration. If I come up with the magic answer, you'll be the first to know.

Ellie

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
S18 graduates today!!!

I'm so proud of him.

Won't be on much the next few days - houseguests and all.

Ellie

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard