Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
#475120 06/29/05 09:46 AM
H
OP Offline
H
I agree with Barbie SE. I never had a separation agreement, but we settled financially last December. We went to court for that and had to testify that we knew it was final and binding. If we had not, I believe H would have made my life miserable since then.

Sometimes they get so angry that common sense goes out the window and they don't care what they do. They have moments when all they want to do is harm us. I do not know why, I just know that they do. For me, getting settled was the best thing that's happened to me in a long, long time.

#475121 06/29/05 06:31 PM
HT,

It's really sad to me that we have to fight so much even after the divorce and after everything we've already been through.

I go back to my lawyer July 27th...........have to lay out cash I really don't have, but I have to. I have to get things settled once and for all. If I lose, I lose, but I have to atleast attempt to get what I believe I deserve.

Sad it all comes down to money to them.........

Hang in there HT, keep sticking up for yourself. I hope 2006 is a better year for all of us.

#475122 07/01/05 03:25 AM
Hi Happy
Sorry to hear you are still having to deal w/ L cr**,its never ending! Its not bad enough we have to go through what our WA put us through, but to add salt to the wound then there is the L and all the $ that goes along with!

Hope you get it fixed up. Beth sure hit it saying , our WA seem to think they could just walk away and everything would be just peaches and cream, dosnt work that way!

Thankyou for your great advice on my thread Happy, your words helped me more then you know

Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

** Karen ** ** Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life **
#475123 07/01/05 10:14 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks Karen, but i think I only called your H a name! Oh well, if it helps, use it! We all need for someone else to do that from time to time. Friend, I hope you stay strong.

I took a check to my L's Wednesday - wrote on the subject line - "final Payment" - hope it is.

I had to go to H's house to pick up the boys yesterday. I noticed the window in the FROG was open - said to the boys, why is that window open? Seems the A/C up there is broken.

I looked around - from my car in the driveway. My once beautiful roses are full of weeds and beetles - look like crap. T-shirts, shoes, trash in the yard. For some reason, they've started cutting down the shrubs in front of the house but left the remnants standing there naked and dead. The place looks like total crap.

I thought - wow - his mother lives across the street and sees this going on. I'm sure she opens her mouth to tell them (her sons) what she thinks about how it looks there. So this is H's happy life. His property is going down the tubes cause he's not taking care of it, his brother is living with him and does nothing to help, his mother lives across the street to tell them everything they do wrong, he needs a new A/C, the other A/C's (heat pumps up and downstairs) are between 10 and 15 years old, looks like the roof is going to need replacement soon. On top of all that, I noticed the boys white clothes are turning red. Looks like the well is full of iron.

And all of this from a house that H had to have. One he had his friend appraise high because at first he thought I would buy him out of. Of course, he and his appraiser friend ended up screwing H because he ended up buying ME out based on his friends' appraisal.

Guys, I'm telling you, what goes around comes around. I was so glad to be away from that place. Yesterday, I was so happy to come to my new house where everything works and I have city water. I was so happy to look at my professional landscaping in the front yard, and go around to the back where I've put in a new yard (almost-still need some sod).

If we let them have what they want, they don't take care of it. But isn't that so true of them anyway? They didn't take care of their families. They didn't take care of their wives. MLC is real and my H has it I'm sure. I'm just glad I didn't let him take me down with him.

I hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July weekend. I know I will!

H
OP Offline
H
It's been a while since I've posted, mainly because things seem so settled now-a-days. The boys and I are going on vacation Friday. We're going to my home, northeast Ohio. My sister got 15 tickets to the Indians-White Sox game Saturday, so I'm leaving to go up a day early. Nieces, nephews, sisters, the whole gang is going.

We're spending the night in Cleveland and going to the R&R Hall of Fame Sunday. Will probably go to either Geauga Lake or somewhere up there for a water park day. The boys are excited, and so am I. I need a vacation.

My garden is flourishing - BUT - I have some type of critter invasion at night. I can't figure out what it is. I planted two Asian Lillies - each were two-stemmed. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that 1 stem on one of them was gone - poof!. No remnants, nothing. Then, I noticed that one of my tomatoes had been gnawed. Looked like teeth marks. I pulled it off and threw it away. The next morning, another tomato had been gnawed. Today, the other stem of the other lilly was gone, and the remaining stem was dug completely out of the ground.

Now, I have a 6' high wood privacy fence around the back yard.

What kind of critter likes tomatoes AND flowers and can climb a fence? Then go back over the fence carrying lillies? This has me stumped. The tomato is about 24" off the ground, so it has to be pretty big, whatever it is.

YUCK! I'm gonna come home from vacation and have nothing left out there.

HAPPYGIRL,

I've had 3 glasses of wine on an empty stomach, (that's a lot for me!) and I mistakenly posted to you over on SE's thread. I was just so darn excited to see you back here.

I'm celebrating. Well I guess that's as good an excuse as any right?

Love you Sweetie,
Bethie

#475126 07/13/05 10:47 PM
H
OP Offline
H
So Bethie,

You have 3 glasses of wine and then post to me on the wrong thread. But it's all good. I found it cause you led me there. Thanks.

I am looking forward to the hall of fame. Hey, you live in Chicago, tune into the game Saturday - I will be there with my entire family. Hope the Tribe beat the Sox! We will have fun either way.

I'm taking up a bushel of peaches - I always do that. My neice loves em and I always make a peach delight when I'm there in the summer. I love cooking with my sister. I am so excited. I remember last year it was the first time I went up without H. I was still depressed about it all and did not have a good time. Time heals.

This is what we work for. To go and do what we want to do in the summertime.

The boys are at their dad's house. NG is on his way over here to tell me goodbye before I go away for the week. We both are so much on the same page that it's scary sometimes. What a sweetheart he is.

Life is so good right now I don't think I can stand it.

H
OP Offline
H
I got back from vacation Friday night to arrive to a house with no electricity. When the electricity finally came back on, I had no cable, no internet. But 2 days without internet worked out just fine.

We never got to the Hall of Fame because my son found a girlfriend at the Hilton in Cleveland. He wanted to spend more time with her and she had 3 other friends with her. So because we had free tickets to the Sunday game because we spent so much in the Team Shop, my sister and I took my sons, her and three friends to another ballgame. They lost both games! The things we do for our children. Guess who wants to go back to Ohio very soon? The other (shy) one has no deep interest in girls. He's way too shy to talk to them. But he has fun watching his brother make a fool of himself and kids him about it.

We did lots of things on vacation. Went to Waldemere in Erie Pa, which is a water/theme park. I actually rode the rides and got wet. I had not done that in a very long time and I had a blast too.

While in Ohio, I remembered the prior two years I'd gone and remembered how sad I was. Last year I was battling with H over the division of property and defending my honor. The year before, I had just learned about his girlfriend and he refused to talk to me about it. I cried myself to sleep every single night I was there wishing he would talk to me.

What a difference two years made. I was so pleased that I didn't have to worry whether H would like doing something that I wanted to do. I did not have to come back early so H could go golfing. I didn't have to worry about anything but doing what I wanted and what my sisters wanted. I don't think I'll ever take another man up there. I think I'll always go home and do exactly what I want to do, come back when I want to, and never again worry about whether or not some $#&#head is bored.

The boys left Saturday to go on vacation with H.

So I made sure they were up, repacked, and fed, and I went out back to mow the grass so I woudn't have to see H. I'm in the back yard, sweating in 98 degree heat, and H comes through the house, and into the backyard, and takes the mower our of my hands(it's an old-timey push mower - no gas) and starts mowing my grass. I just went inside, looked for the boys, and saw them out in his truck. So I called to H and told him - they're ready to go and it's hot. So he left. He is still such an alien.

I honestly think that if I wanted to, I could have some kind an R with H. It's not something I'd ever consider though, cause I know what kind I could have - a lousy one where he never talks to me and I only know what he thinks or feels AFTER the fact and through other people or by accident. I will never again live in limbo, I will never again live with a liar or a cheater. Life's just way too short and life's just way too good to worry about whether or not someone wants to be with me.

Once the boys left, NG came over and spent the rest of the weekend with me - no cable.

Life is good!

Quote:

I only know what he thinks or feels AFTER the fact and through other people or by accident. I will never again live in limbo, I will never again live with a liar or a cheater. Life's just way too short and life's just way too good to worry about whether or not someone wants to be with me.

Once the boys left, NG came over and spent the rest of the weekend with me - no cable.

Life is good!

DON'T YA JUST LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER???

Good for you. You sound very happy.

That's great HT, life is good. And your right it's way to short for anything else.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard