Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
#442499 05/01/05 04:27 PM
J
JamesL Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey Steve. Yeah I understand. Its just a little tough to do thats all. I did see STBX at soccer yesterday. S scord another goal. Yay S! Ended up watching the kids before I went to work while she went shopping. Did NOT bring up R or question her about talking to her attorney. When she got back I helped her bring in the grocerys. Just before I went to work I had a pair of clothes in my hand that I had left from the last time I was there. I was gonna take them with me but then I stopped and said to her "I wonder if I should just leave these here just in case I ever need them" She said "yeah that would be a good idea" so I went inside and put them in my old dresser and then left for work. I hope this is the start of a trend for us. Didnt see them at church today of course and I havent heard from them at all. Funny we keep missing each other there. Gonna resist the urge to call.

Queennie; Why of course we know its all true. I think your solution to the trip with CWG was genuis. No obligations implied now and you get to go on a nice trip. Hurray for U!

Take care all!
JIM

#442500 05/01/05 04:35 PM
JamesLuscious!!!
Good Dbing in not bringing up the R or asking about the D. By George, I think you've got it!!! You have a lot of positives going, so just keep moving slowly (kind of like a sneak attack) and before long, maybe she'll let you bring your toothbrush over too?

#442501 05/05/05 01:40 PM
J
JamesL Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well I guess a little update is necessary. Talked to W monday afterwatching the kids that day.She had spoken to her attorney and he had made the changes but supposedly she could not postpone the D. That the only way would be for her to not show for the final hearing. I just sat there and didnt say anything. W reached out and lightly stroked my back. I said that I was kind off afraid I was gonna hear that. So I asked her how much her lawyer cost her and she told me. I said if you had the money in your hand right now so that you could still file for D later if you wanted would you consider dismissing the case and she said yes. So I explained a proposel to her that I had thought off at one time when I was trying to come up with solutions to some of are issues, one of them being money. I said that this would enable her to have more control over the finamces and not have to worry so much about money. Also, that she would be able to take some of the cash and set it aside for her legal fees if necessary.

TUESDAY; D day. I had the day off so I told her I had planned on going to the hearing. She came home from work and I made her lunch. She had decided not to go to the hearing. We went looking for a shirt for her for work and rented some movies. While she watched the one I mostly puttered around the house doing laundry. Basically spent the day doing much of nothing. Did the soccer practice thing and then Micky D's playland with the kids and then went home. Trying to find out for sure whathas really happened from the courts but they have nothing yet. They said I could always call her attorny so Im waiting to see if he will call me back.
Take care all!

JIM

#442502 05/05/05 01:45 PM
L
L
Hi Jim - I'm surprised that the lawyer couldn't just pull the case. That seems odd. Anyway, it really does sound like your W is softening and ready to consider working on the M. Woohoo!!!

It's me, geneva. Visit my thread for an update.

My prayers are with you.

#442503 05/05/05 01:47 PM
J
JamesL Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes I thought that was odd too. Im really nervous about this whole thing of course. I just have to know whats going on. The rollercoaster continues!
JIM

#442504 05/05/05 01:49 PM
Way to go Jim!!!

Geneva, why the alias?

#442505 05/05/05 09:34 PM
J
JRB Offline
J
Great news on the dismissal / delay, Jim!

My latest thread
#442506 05/06/05 03:48 AM
J
JamesL Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ok the D is still on. I guess when my W didnt show, the attorney had it adjourned for next tuesday. Guess I should still call her STBX. The suspense continues.
JIM

#442507 05/06/05 04:34 AM
(((((((((Hey Jimbo))))))))),

I know that this must be very painful for you. You need to think about the facts though. Even if this woman doesn't show and go through with this divorce, do you think it's possible that she could do the work to once again make you feel secure in your marriage.

There is a lot of water under that bridge and possibly still a troll! What do you think? I would hate to see you settle just because you are an honorable man.........

Love,
Bethie

#442508 05/06/05 01:40 PM
L
L
Hey Jim. I don't get it. It sounds like there's a missing piece of info somewhere. If she talked to her L about stopping the D and he said there was no way unless she didn't show up, then she didn't show up and he rescheduled the date? I'm sorry, but it's not adding up.

I know that doesn't help. I'm sorry. Can you and your W speak to her L together?

Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard