Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks everyone !
According to her brother, she died of a very rare internal flesh eating bacteria. Only about 2 cases a year of this bacteria. ...Soup

P
P
Soup how sad about your associate.
We have had 2 cases of that in Alabama.
One death of a man that eat raw oysters.
The other the death from an open wound after swimming in sea water with the bacteria.
So sorry to hear about your friend.
God Bless

[color:"red"][b]Pam[b][/color]
I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thank you all.

Had a really nice Thanksgiving weekend with my friend at her family cottage. The cottage is located in Ontario's Muskoka region so the leaves on the trees had pretty much turned red, orange and yellow... spectacular scenery.

There were 12 immediate family staying at the cottage. We got to stay in the boat house which does not have heat nor indoor plumbing. BRrrrrr, was it cold. Especially when you had to get up in the middle of the night. The wind was blowing pretty strong off the verandah of the boat house. It was fine in bed !

My friend's entire extended family all live on the same lake. On Sunday afternoon I counted 50 family members on the annual hike. We hiked through the woods to another lake nearby. Everyone took along a picnic. Lots of fun. I'm still trying to remember everyone's name.

Life is good right now. The RE business is doing well. I'm making some money. Debts are being cleared. Maybe I'll take a trip this winter with my friend.

Hope you all are doing well.... cheers ....Soup

A
A
Glad to hear it!!

God speed.
Andy

R
R
Hi Soup,

Just lurking these boards. I like to hear from people who have made it through the storm and are now happy. It is inspirational to me. So thanks for posting, it really means a lot to people like me who are slowly coming up the hill..

As you know when you slowly come out of the storm, feelings ebb and flow. I can say that I'm staying the course with a PMA most of the times, but for those times when I take some steps back, I need the encouragement from this board.

I wish you the best, and again thank you for posting.

Rapunzelle

My sitch: Switching Forums..
I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I come here for exactly the same reasons... this place reminds me to stay with the DB process and to maintain a cherishing mind. Glad my posts are helpful. ....Soup

J
J
Yes, the DB process works in ALL our Rs, doesn't it? It's certainly helped me in my R with my dad.

Still doing yoga?

Jennifer

shameless plug for my NEWEST thread
I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I am indeed still doing my yoga. Thanks for asking.

Hey, I used to know a guy here with the same name. Can't be you though, cuz he had like 9 million posts or some number like that. Guess you will do in a pinch.
My question is..........How is your new career going? Just sold the business and I need something to do. Still happy with it? Any regrets?
Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of ya friend.

Easy

I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
My old friend "easy"...what a wonderful surprise ! How are the heck are you ?

I celebrated my first full year in real estate in July. So far so good.... translated, I'm making money !

I wasn't sure at first if I would like the business. I think part of it was that as people described the selling process to me it didn't make a whole lot of sense. There were a lot of negatives expressed by my colleagues and even my broker.

However, I finally managed to flow-chart the process for working with Buyers and Sellers around February of this year and by sticking to that process I've made a few sales and had some success with listings. I'm carrying about ten listings right now and am working actively with a dozen or more high probability buyers. It takes time and you have to be patient.... something that DB teaches us. I just closed a deal today with a client who first came to me in May of this year.

More importantly, I'm liking the business because it allows me to be my own boss and set my own hours. Everyone has always told me that working in real estate doesn't give you a personal life. Not true. I find that clients are actually very flexible when you discuss things openly. I seldom work evenings... maybe 3-4 times since starting.

Bottom line... I like the business. Wouldn't change.

So how goes it with you now that the fishing business is behind you? Bring us UTD. ...Soup

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard