Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
N
N
BTW--the best revenge is showing that you are of better character than another person.

Xow (different than xrm--this was the one night stand) used to go into the pub H worked at every week. I had this nasty habit of making sure that I always looked nice and then dropped in on those nights. H couldn't stand her being there--he found it to be very disrespectful...especially after he specifically asked her not to be there.

Anyway, I was there several times when she was. I used to just stare at her... I'm sure she could feel it. There were several nights she had more than enough opportunity to speak to me. One time she passed me in the restroom. Another time she walked aaaaall around me, talking to people beside me and behind me.

The stupid skank never had the guts to actually say anything to me.

Don't get me wrong, if she'd said two words to me, it probably would have come to blows. H used to beg me not to confront her because of his job. (And we did need it at the time.) I never did--because he asked me not to--and eventually most of the patrons knew and liked me. They would talk about how nice I was and how pretty I was and how well H and I matched. And xow had to hear aaaall about it.

In the end, even her "friends" told her to leave him (us!) alone. I think I got the best revenge out of that one. She made herself look like the idiot. And I'm actually very glad I never confronted her--because I managed to show I was much, much classier than her.

Revenge can come in the most unexpected ways....and sometimes it's better that way.

[color:"purple"]Nevanna[/color]
D
debcb Offline OP
OP Offline
D
yep, Nevanna, I believe it's called taking the high road. Kind of a long hard climb sometimes, though! I do believe it pays off in the long run though.

been around awhile!
N
N
Quote:

I do believe it pays off in the long run though.

It did for me. Xow was nothing but a bar w****, anyway, who just happened to catch at his most vulnerable. In the end, it was very satisfying to know that I had much more class than her.

Oh...and I cursed it... Xrm just called. From a number that H didn't know. Damn. She wanted to know when he was "leaving." (For the army.) It really weirded him out. So much for my nice calm. Ah, well...what can you do about someone who is psycho??

D
debcb Offline OP
OP Offline
D
If I ever figure out what to do about a psycho, I will let you know!!!

been around awhile!
D
debcb Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Guess I should post just so I can keep track of "goings on" if nothing else. I'm kind of a mess today, not worth much here at work, because my mind is a happy muddle.

I am finally beginning to believe that we will make it. Hopefully soon I can stop waiting for the other shoe to drop....H has been a little grumpy the last couple of days, which makes me nervous, but he seems to be getting yet another sinus infection, feels icky from that plus hasnt slept for 2 nights. Last night when he got home from work, I told him it was good to have him home, and he said it was nice to know he was wanted. Made me sad he would have ever doubted that! this morning he was grumpy, irritable. I asked him when we were doing chores if he'd been in touch w/OW...he got more irritated ...said I always assumed that, that he just didnt feel well. I told him I wasnt assuming anything, that I was asking because it could affect what I could do to help him feel better, but I hadn't made any assumptions. H said he hadnt had any contact with her at all (lord, I hope that's true), walked out the door, then came back in and hugged me and said "ILY".

As he was leaving for work, we exchanged a nice big hug, and I told him he was my treasure....that I was sorry, but I was just going to have to reclaim my terms. He got this puzzled look on his face and said "terms????"....I told him terms of endearment, since he said OW had taken all the ones I used. that I'd actually gotten out the thesaurus to look for other words but couldnt find any that fit, so I was going to reclaim them. He kind of snickered at that, and said "they were only horse sh-t coming from her anyway".

At about 8:30 this morning I got an email from him saying he was sorry for waking up grumpy, and ending with "I sure love you". Just a few months ago it seemed completely impossible that I would ever hear such words from him. I sent him a mushy one back, and he responded that my love and support meant a lot to him. I've had a couple more that have been more business like. When they change to a businesslike tone, I'm always afraid that it's because OW is rattling his cage, but maybe it's not (even though I know it has been at times in the past)

He told me the A ended the monday before labor day, and that OW is the one that ended it, although he had to get really nasty to get her to leave him alone. I told him I guess I was ok with being the default, and he said I wasnt, it's just what he had to do to get her to go. what ever that means.

been around awhile!
D
debcb Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I am in shock. Good shock. My H, the guy who for over a year got up at 5 am to rush to phone OW, this morning got up and crawled on his hands and knees to reach me across the bed and give me a good morning kiss. HE initiated that! I woke several times in the night to find him holding my hand or his arm around me. I am just blown away. The guy is a romantic! I absolutely love it. it is more than I ever dreamed possible.

been around awhile!
D
debcb Offline OP
OP Offline
D
this is weird. I lost a long (and good) post about last night's discussion with H. How frustrating. Don't have time to repost it now. I'm pretty sure it was here for a while.

been around awhile!
N
N
Quote:

I am just blown away. The guy is a romantic! I absolutely love it.

Make sure to tell him that!!

D
debcb Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I will try to redo my lost post later to update everybody, as well as I can recall, but in the meantime, I am going to start a campaign to romance the socks (and other things!) off of H. I NEED IDEAS!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

We are at the point I thought we would never ever reach, as far as he's concerned it's full steam ahead for US! YAY...at long long long last.

been around awhile!
D
debcb Offline OP
OP Offline
D
an idea just occured to me. I've been telling H I'm gonna kidnap him, he finally said yesterday "I'm all for it"...I'm not sure when it will be, so much going on always, but I'm going to get something that looks like a treasure chest and put romantic stuff in it and lock it so it's ready to go but he can't get into it. I think I'll put in a little bottle of champagne and 2 glasses, maybe a couple of his favorite beers, some massage oil and one of those wooden massage rollers, some kind of romantic songs on a cd and a little (cheap) player of some kind, some jar candles, maybe some kind of sexy nightie/undies for both of us, a book of love poems, maybe some kind of romantic snack we can feed each other. I'll lock it and keep it in the bed room and let him wonder. when we find out S is going to be at a friends, I'll call a local hotel and find a room with a jacuzzi in it, and somehow convince H to go....What do you all think? any other ideas for in the "treasure chest"?

been around awhile!
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard