Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Cadet
Why are you assuming that the silent treatment is aimed at you, maybe she is silent because she is depressed and had no energy to talk at all.

DETACH

#1 rule and let that all just roll off your back.

My guess is she is not even thinking about you,
She is in so much pain all she can do is try to survive
each day.

Take the focus off of her and put it on yourself

Hey,

Thank you for making me rethink.

I agree that this could likely be the case.

I am trying to detach, one day at a time.

T
OP Offline
T
Would you say that it is fine to congratulate W on special occasions or just maintain silent and detached?

Thanks.

R
R
Originally Posted by TellMeSo
Would you say that it is fine to congratulate W on special occasions
Sounds like pursuit to me. How are you finding out about these "special occasions"? What are they exactly? Always better for you to be as specific as possible.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
T
OP Offline
T
Why are you assuming that the silent treatment is aimed at you, maybe she is silent because she is depressed and had no energy to talk at all.

DETACH

each day.

On another hand, it's actually hard when you have a lot of mutual friends. She is partying more than usual according to our mutual friends. Not sure if this is sign of no energy.

Last edited by DnJ; 03/27/23 07:42 PM. Reason: Corrected quote syntax.
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Ready2Change
Sounds like pursuit to me. How are you finding out about these "special occasions"? What are they exactly? Always better for you to be as specific as possible.

I am talking about known dates, birthday, anniversaries, etc.

K
K
Would you say that it is fine to congratulate W on special occasions or just maintain silent and detached?

Personally, I wouldn’t advocate that at all, but I’m sure some people may disagree.

One way ticket to the friend zone.

This is a common theme on this site atm. Lots of people who should be DBing, GALing, digging deep on their personal flaws with IC, and becoming a new and improved, positive person who is attractive to be around and who doesn’t define themselves through their partner or relationship.

Instead, there’s lots of people coming here just seeking validation on forcing interaction “can I ask her on a date to discuss kids, can I send him a Christmas card, he sent a message with an xx at the end, are we getting back together?”

I don’t wish to hijack your thread TMS, but this DB website isn’t to seek advice on every single interaction and message and call. It’s about a change in thinking, it’s about correcting your own flaws with professional help, it’s about growing to be happy whether or not you’re in a relationship, it’s about ignoring them completely and taking a good, long, hard look in the mirror and accepting your only job is to repair your side of the fence and then waiting to see if they decide to fix their side.

Temperature checks, R discussions, manipulating to spend time with them, see them, talk about stuff, find out through friends what they’ve been up to, make them see you’ve changed… it’s all a ticket to pain and grief, and less likely to lead to reconciliation.

Everyone’s journey through DBing is different. For me, that journey was:

1. Learning how to show empathy better
2. Accepting that I made poor choices and rushed choosing a partner
3. Delving into why an unexpected bomb day destroyed me so much, and discovering with an IC I wanted to work on my emotional resilience
4. Realising my ex had significant mental health challenges which I thought I could fix but which were way beyond my understanding
5. Accepting I’d been mentally abused during my relationship, but that I’d allowed it (and working out what I’d do in the future to have enough self respect to never let someone treat me like that ever again)
6. Accepting that some relationships are, simply, unhealthy

How did I do this? By getting professional help, by completely cutting off my ex while I worked through it.

My journey ended with me deciding she’s a manipulative, horrible person and me realising I’m actually the catch here. 18 months post bomb day I entered a wonderful relationship with a NORMAL person, and I’m grateful every day that I have my self worth and respect back. I also know now if my current relationship ends one day, I’ll be totally fine 👍

What’s my point?

Well, I guess my point is that this amazing journey to the other side that I took would never have happened if I hadn’t dropped the rope. You can’t be attached, following, analysing, going for dates, having relationship talks, sending birthday gifts while simultaneously doing the personal development deep dives required.

DBing really is simple if you look at it holistically. You stop being butt hurt, sad, manipulative and focussing outward. You turn completely into yourself and dig/discover like you’ve never done before, until you have your own needs/wants/personal flaws and aspirations sorted. And once that’s done and you look outside again.

Maybe your spouse likes what they see and looks back in.

And so, I guess to answer your one line question, no - don’t send her a birthday card 🤣 It’s a waste of time, when you could be doing much more important things.

T
OP Offline
T
Thank you, Kind. It is so Kind of you to give such a brilliant advice and share your experience.

May I ask some of the vets who are the masters of DB here? Which topics I could read to get the full understanding of how to master DB? I mean experiences of others, not only educational topics.

Thank you.

C
C

DETACH

each day.

On another hand, it's actually hard when you have a lot of mutual friends. She is partying more than usual according to our mutual friends. Not sure if this is sign of no energy.

Its a sign of depression and the frantic search to try to find some outside source to cure her ills.
This is just another sign of the script.

All is not how you think it is.

Me-70, D37,S36
T
OP Offline
T
Its a sign of depression and the frantic search to try to find some outside source to cure her ills.

I am just curious, how do you tell? Based on other stories?

All right, I am focusing on detaching and working on myself.

C
C

I am just curious, how do you tell? Based on other stories?

That answer is not a few words.
I have been here since 2009 and read many books on the subject.
I have read many stories here too.
Been guided by many that came before me.(also Job who is really an expert)

So if you really want to learn about depression then start studying.
Or take my word that I am right.
I didn't believe either when I first arrived.
Much time and experience later - I do believe.
All right, I am focusing on detaching and working on myself.
YES - this is productive use of your time.

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard