Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
L
Originally Posted by kml
In other words - you have to be a better option for her than being alone. Sometimes that is a tall order. It may even be why I'm taking so long to get back to dating. Aside from sex (which is important!) a man has to bring enough to the table to be worth the irritations he will likely bring into my life lol.
This is very true on both sides. It will be interesting to see what happens when the sexbots are mastered.

B
B
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Originally Posted by kml
Saw a meme today, something to the effect of:

men think they are competing with the top 10% of men for a woman's affection. But in reality, they are competing against the peace she feels when she's alone.

In other words - you have to be a better option for her than being alone. Sometimes that is a tall order. It may even be why I'm taking so long to get back to dating. Aside from sex (which is important!) a man has to bring enough to the table to be worth the irritations he will likely bring into my life lol.

Now this is 10000% accurate.
Originally Posted by LH19
This is very true on both sides. It will be interesting to see what happens when the sexbots are mastered.
So women won't need men and men won't need women and we'll all sit at home alone with our sexbots...sounds like a great future we're building for humanity. Can't wait.

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I do think we have relationships issues that could be reduced if we had different upbringings.
So many thing wrong with our society...
But, I have issues, and will get a different IC..
One I have now is not working out..
Everyone here hits me hard, but, I need it.. Thnx.

Sitting at a Table for One.
B
B
Originally Posted by kml

men think they are competing with the top 10% of men for a woman's affection. But in reality, they are competing against the peace she feels when she's alone.

In other words - you have to be a better option for her than being alone. Sometimes that is a tall order. It may even be why I'm taking so long to get back to dating.

First of all, LOVE the meme. YES! YES! YES!

Originally Posted by kml
Aside from sex (which is important!)

Not that important, lol

Originally Posted by kml
a man has to bring enough to the table to be worth the irritations he will likely bring into my life lol.

the sex better be smoking hot to offset irritations he will likely bring into my life, otherwise, my peace of mind is so much more important.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
G
G
Originally Posted by BL42
Originally Posted by kml

Now this is 10000% accurate.
So women won't need men and men won't need women and we'll all sit at home alone with our sexbots...sounds like a great future we're building for humanity. Can't wait.

I think women already have sec bots in nightstand drawer…..

Now if I could find a bot that will fix everything going wrong in my house……

Until then, I still need a man for when a YouTube video doesn’t cut it !!!

D
D
Originally Posted by kml
This is very true on both sides.

Already stated but this is a huge one for many guys as well, myself included. Just had a very fun 4-day weekend with a longtime FWB who not only lives like a thousand miles away but just across the boarder into Andrew land as well. We always have great fun and get along very well. But I have to confess, it was nice to have my house and life back again too. Totally made me wonder if anyone could top that. Or if my goal of living together/apart is still not the best alternative for me.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, She invited me over for drinks this weekend. She apologized about not keeping contact with me. as she said her past two weeks with work have been extremely crappy.

Sitting at a Table for One.
B
B
I think women already have sec bots in nightstand drawer…
Forget the Gritty stuffy. I'm getting you one of those with a Flyers logo on it LOL

Now if I could find a bot that will fix everything going wrong in my house…

Until then, I still need a man for when a YouTube video doesn’t cut it !!!
Not sure they're all that far off...

B
B
Originally Posted by Mach40
Well, She invited me over for drinks this weekend. She apologized about not keeping contact with me. as she said her past two weeks with work have been extremely crappy.
There you go, Mach40. Let her come to you. Now be flirty and go in for the kiss...and don't friend zone yourself.

1 member likes this: Mach40
L
L
Well, She invited me over for drinks this weekend.
Right move would have been "sorry I have plans but would love to some other time."
She apologized about not keeping contact with me. as she said her past two weeks with work have been extremely crappy.
Ah yeah it's tough to take 2 minutes to respond. You have a flip flopper which is fun (insert eyeroll). Make Saturday count.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard