Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
G
G
I feel like his message is pretty basic and can be found in fewer words and in a less misogynistic way.

Sadly, there are many men who can’t just take the useful points from the book and run with it. I imagine that book produces a bunch of douches.

B
B
Mach40,
Originally Posted by Mach40
So is there a poll going as to when I will do something with this lady?
When she or I initiate anything, well, thats when it will happen. But, I am pretty sure this weekend will be good, as we are doing dinner at her house, and an old movie ( we were getting nostalgic on movies the other day).
There's no prescribed absolute timeline, so sure don't rush things if you're not ready, but the overall point is don't sit back and be timid for too long either. Else risk getting friend-zoned. If you've been on a few dates and you're going to each others houses for dinner and a bottle or two of wine, that certainly sounds like a "kiss the girl" situation.

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
1 member likes this: Mach40
L
L
Originally Posted by OnlyBent
One thing you got wrong, that is was very unlikely the OM would get to stepdad status, that’s looking pretty certain, but out of my control, so meh.
Yeah the statistics I have read don't seem to lineup with what happens on the board.

L
L
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Sadly, there are many men who can’t just take the useful points from the book and run with it. I imagine that book produces a bunch of douches.
My guess is a true d-bag wouldn't read the book. I bet more are like Bent and bring smiles the ladies faces. Finally a man who gets it.

B
B
Originally Posted by LH19
My guess is a true d-bag wouldn't read the book. I bet more are like Bent and bring smiles the ladies faces. Finally a man who gets it.
Right...don't know whether or not jerks also read the book, but completely agree there are nice quality guys out there who genuinely want to improve themselves to help find a loving relationship.

One thing you got wrong, that is was very unlikely the OM would get to stepdad status, that’s looking pretty certain, but out of my control, so meh.
Yeah the statistics I have read don't seem to lineup with what happens on the board.
Agreed. Every LBS' hope at least initially is that the WAS/WS and the AP relationship fails. Doesn't seem to play out like that very often around here. Not so sure about those affair stats out there...

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Is this the 3% book?.

Sitting at a Table for One.
G
G

You get a whole lot of statistics. Do you read the sources and studies?

I don’t think it’s a good idea to believe all the “simple google search” statistics that you read. The internet is filled with a bunch of bogus information. Don’t just believe it because the internet said so

G
G
Originally Posted by Mach40
Is this the 3% book?.

It is that book. And if you take a totally clueless man and he reads that and takes it to bible, he will act like a douche

2 members like this: DejaVu6, Mach40
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by BL42
Right...don't know whether or not jerks also read the book, but completely agree there are nice quality guys out there who genuinely want to improve themselves to help find a loving relationship.

Agreed. Every LBS' hope at least initially is that the WAS/WS and the AP relationship fails. Doesn't seem to play out like that very often around here. Not so sure about those affair stats out there...
I was that LBS guy

Sitting at a Table for One.
L
L

You get a whole lot of statistics. Do you read the sources and studies?

I don’t think it’s a good idea to believe all the “simple google search” statistics that you read. The internet is filled with a bunch of bogus information. Don’t just believe it because the internet said so
My statistics are always from a credible source.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard