Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
DonH #2939395 11/17/22 06:11 PM
L
L
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Originally Posted by DonH
Originally Posted by LH19
I wish you well in your endeavors G money I’ll always remember we made it through the pandemic together.

Well if that’s not an interesting and telling comment. Several here have always had their suspicions.

WOAH! Just to clear up any insinuations …
There has never been nor will there ever be anything romantic going on between LH and I. Nothing has ever even come close to anything other than a platonic relationship
I am not her type. Although hockey guy looks very similar to me.

Originally Posted by Ginger1
I don’t expect a different result. I know what the result is
Please share.
Originally Posted by DonH
I wish you well in your endeavors G money I’ll always remember we made it through the pandemic together.

Well if that’s not an interesting and telling comment. Several here have always had their suspicions.

As for the rest, lots of good comments, but also some additional blanks that need to be filled in, for example I firmly believe we are here more than just to support - - - Challenge, hold accountable, suggest, point out, to name a few. It’s often not any posters actions as much as how these actions go against their own previous words and own best interest. And yes there is the insanity factor. I’ll try to post more later.
Don you are truly me favorite poster. You keep it real and authentic.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
The good news is I am an adult and can reevaluate and change my mind and go against whatever was copy and pasted.

Things change. Feelings change, situations change.

L
L
Seasons change and people change.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hey, let’s talk about something positive that has nothing to do with my love life!

D is a junior varsity cheer coach for the basketball team and a varsity cheerleader for the basketball team! I haven’t been a fan of how she hasn’t had anything to do after school and has been lazy. Now she is committed and excited about this. Good exercise, socialization and looks great on college apps. She had her first practice today and it went great and she was excited to show me what they created in their dance so far.

I also have a teen who never locks herself in her room, watches TV , mostly hockey games with me every night, and loves when I write silly messages on her lunch. The things that drive me the most nuts about her is she watches too much tik toks ( but she loves to make me do they with her) and feeding her gives me stress. Other than that, I got super lucky with most amazing teen so far.

I am a lucky mom

1 member likes this: bttrfly
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
If you all would like a really good laugh. Another guy has circled back for round 3.

I think it’s the time of the year. And no, I didn’t even answer the text.

LH19 #2939424 11/18/22 03:50 AM
D
D
Don you are truly me favorite poster. You keep it real and authentic.

Pretty sure that was not always the case so I very much appreciate you saying so. I’ve always been somewhat of an acquired taste or at least it takes time for many to really understand or get me. Unless someone is trying to be a jerk, something G rarely if ever does, I’m honestly just trying to help. And honesty is always front and center with me.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
K
kml Offline
K
You’re a great mom, G. You can be really proud of breaking the cycle.

As for the third guy circling back - what’s your intuition on why this happens? Are you the undemanding fallback girl? Are these guys you rejected? Slacker guys just thumbing through their black book? Guys you rejected who just can’t take the hint? Or are these OLD guys you haven’t met in person yet, in which case it’s common behavior.

Trying to think back on my own “circle back” dating experiences. Although I’m still friends with most of the guys I dated, and I know a couple who would love it if I was interested in dating them again, but the only real “circle back” dating experience I can think of was Mr Big Lots.

He was a Love Avoidant guy who I broke up with because he was so unreliable (dude, don’t make a date with me then show up hours later or sometimes not at all! ). He came back after a while asking to try again, and even read the article on Love Avoidants that I gave him as a precondition to dating again. (I know he read it because he shared it with his mom and he shared her comments with me). But his behavior didn’t change so after a few more dates I broke it off again.

I suppose Spa Guy might count as a circle back but not really, since we were never anything but casual anyway.

Anyway - usually there’s a good reason why it didn’t work out the first time.

Girl - if you want to have casual sex with hockey guy or anyone else and THINK YOU CAN HANDLE IT, then go ahead. You’re a grown woman and sex is delightful. I think though that nobody wants to see you get hurt again by getting attached to a guy who is less invested in the relationship than you are.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Interesting question .

Some guys came back because they actually did want to have a relationship with me, but I did not want one with them . Other guys, well, I’m a good fun time. And when they get bored or lonely, why not G?!

As far as sex. If I only had committed relationship sex in the last 15 years of my life, it would have only been with 3 guys, and for like 2 years total.
Not how I want to live!

There has been periods where I could only have it with someone I really clicked with and had an emotional
Connnection with. Other times, I didn’t care if there was one. And other times, I just wanted nothing to do with it.

I am getting older and I don’t want to waste my prime years away!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I decided to not be needless and wantless. I expressed a need, even though k knew the consequence might be a “no”. But it was received very well, understood and appreciated.

Sadly, yet happily, this might be the first time this has happened to me, lol . It felt good

K
kml Offline
K
Good job, G!

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard