Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Part of me wants to stoop to your level, but I won’t.

B
B
may I ask, what does it matter what the reality of the situation is? Super G says this is what she wants, vis a vis her sitch with hockey guy. Opinions are like @$$holes ... everyone has one, but regardless of anyone else's opinion, this is Super G's reality and her path to walk. Who are we to deny G her own journey, and how do we know where her journey will take her? Perhaps God/The Universe/Whatever you want to call it has this as part of her plan ... how are we to know? We aren't, and pretending we do is nothing short of hubristic at this point.

I believe you mean well LH, I truly do so I also have to ask - why do you keep using the same tactics to drive your point home? Do you think it's actually helping Super G for you to jump on every freaking post she makes? And I bet the onslaught isn't limited to the boards... my guess is you're also blowing up her phone with texts that continue in the same vein.

Simply put nothing changes if nothing changes --- but that's for you as well as for myself and everyone else reading this.

G - it's your life. Make decisions which are in alignment with who you are and who you want to be. It's ok to switch course midway if you decide to, and it's also ok to stay the course. You're on your own journey. xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
1 member likes this: job
L
L
Message received BF. I am bowing out of this thread.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks B- he’s been blocked on text for a while when I did realize he doesn’t mean well.

Some people just love to be right. He wants to be right, and I know this because even when I have done things “correctly” according to his readings and beliefs , I’m still always wrong and he will always be right .
He’s getting perverse pleasure out of this for some reason. And one would think if he was in this great exclusive relationship with a woman just his type who thinks he’s the bees knees he would be more focused on that. Not going back through all of my posts to construe a narrative, copy and paste them out of context JUST be to be right. I would imagine he’s got better things going on his life.

And yes, I am making my choices as an adult. And I have the free will to change this course when I decide it isn’t working for me and I fully plan on exercising that . And that may be sooner rather than later. And I will not be “devastated” . I’ll just keep on doing my thing .

job Offline
Ginger,

This is your journey and no one can make you do a darn thing. We all have paths to follow. Sometimes those paths take us in many directions. The lessons you learn along the way are your lessons and we all have opinions, but at the end of the day, you are the only one that is looking in the mirror and can be pleased with your lessons and what you have discovered about yourself.

Posters need to remember that each person's journey may be different. It is not for us to say who will have a successful journey right out of the gate. Each journey is unique and each poster will figure things out on their timeline...not ours.

Ginger, I look forward to seeing what 2023 will be like for you. Your daughter is growing up into a beautiful young lady and you have a great relationship w/her. Don't be too hard on yourself when it comes to life. I know you get discouraged at times, but once you figure things out, you come out much stronger and wiser. Be kind and patient with yourself.

P.S. We are here to support, not be the judge, jury and executioner. Try to remember posters from all over the world come here for advice and to read what others have experienced along the way.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
L
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Thanks B- he’s been blocked on text for a while when I did realize he doesn’t mean well.

Some people just love to be right. He wants to be right, and I know this because even when I have done things “correctly” according to his readings and beliefs , I’m still always wrong and he will always be right .
He’s getting perverse pleasure out of this for some reason. And one would think if he was in this great exclusive relationship with a woman just his type who thinks he’s the bees knees he would be more focused on that. Not going back through all of my posts to construe a narrative, copy and paste them out of context JUST be to be right. I would imagine he’s got better things going on his life.

And yes, I am making my choices as an adult. And I have the free will to change this course when I decide it isn’t working for me and I fully plan on exercising that . And that may be sooner rather than later. And I will not be “devastated” . I’ll just keep on doing my thing .
I’m blocked? I guess I know why you haven’t returned my texts. It’s not about being rights it’s about the whole insanity thing. I wish you well in your endeavors G money I’ll always remember we made it through the pandemic together.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks Job. It’s about to be a big time of transition for me, and I have no idea what will come with it. When I became a single mom with an infant, I knew the next 18 years, all of my decisions were going to based on my child and her needs. And that I would be stuck where k am until she graduated high school. I have been her primary parent, #1 and we have been going through all stages being a minor together with it’s adjustments. I’ve adjusted accordingly, but yes, every decision i have had to make has revolved around her and her needs through each stage of a life.

Well, now, she’s entering adulthood very shortly and will be on her own. And I am going to be making decisions based on what works for ME primarily. It’s a huge life transition. It’s exciting and very scary at the same time. I’m entering this stage alone. What I do and where I go will mainly have to do with my career. And I have no clue what that looks like!

But it’s in 2.5 years. And I’m absolutely thinking about it now. And yeah, having my kid go to college and not having my sidekick there all the time scares me alot . There will be a hole. But there will be some exciting stuff on the horizons for me.

2 members like this: bttrfly, job
LH19 #2939389 11/17/22 05:25 PM
D
D
Originally Posted by LH19
I wish you well in your endeavors G money I’ll always remember we made it through the pandemic together.

Well if that’s not an interesting and telling comment. Several here have always had their suspicions.

As for the rest, lots of good comments, but also some additional blanks that need to be filled in, for example I firmly believe we are here more than just to support - - - Challenge, hold accountable, suggest, point out, to name a few. It’s often not any posters actions as much as how these actions go against their own previous words and own best interest. And yes there is the insanity factor. I’ll try to post more later.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
1 member likes this: job
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I don’t need to be held accountability for anything. I know what I’m doing. Exactly what I am doing.

See, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I don’t expect a different result. I know what the result is .

DonH #2939394 11/17/22 05:59 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by DonH
Originally Posted by LH19
I wish you well in your endeavors G money I’ll always remember we made it through the pandemic together.

Well if that’s not an interesting and telling comment. Several here have always had their suspicions.

WOAH! Just to clear up any insinuations …
There has never been nor will there ever be anything romantic going on between LH and I. Nothing has ever even come close to anything other than a platonic relationship

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard