Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Lh, there is no more to this than what I’m sharing . Triple H, no labels. Nothing more, nothing less.
Also, the last 25 years of my existence hasn’t been about finding a partner. Don’t know where you got that from. The last 15
Years of my life have been about surviving, raising my daughter, building my career, nurturing friendships and living life. Sure, did I want a partner? Yes. Did I exist for that purpose, god no. I see things differently now that I am older, my daughter is almost on her way to college and I have been living as a single woman for 15 years. Life looks different to me.

KML, I think the my problem i have with attachment is it feels worse when things end when it’s good. That’s what hit me hard the last time. Things were good. But I handled it just fine.

Our religious /political differences are not hard stops. Actually, it is so refreshing to have an intelligent informed conversation where we are both open to each other’s views and opinions. We have healthy conversations. He’s a smart guy.

I am definitely not putting more into this than I’m getting out of it. I would say it’s a pretty equal amount of energy. He has his life, his hobbies and his friends. And I have mine. And when we can, we come together.

L
L
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Lh, there is no more to this than what I’m sharing . Triple H, no labels. Nothing more, nothing less.
Ok so everything you are saying is normal. Triple Hing, no labels, having fun. For once you are doing exactly everything right but you are so fatalistic about it so it makes me wonder why you are so sure disaster lurks in the shadows.
Also, the last 25 years of my existence hasn’t been about finding a partner. Don’t know where you got that from.
Well if you look back I said 15 years.
The last 15 Years of my life have been about surviving, raising my daughter, building my career, nurturing friendships and living life. Sure, did I want a partner? Yes. Did I exist for that purpose, god no.
Well you have always been great at all that and for the last 7 years I have been reading how your life has been a big failure so I guess I assumed that is because you haven't been successful in that one area.
I see things differently now that I am older, my daughter is almost on her way to college and I have been living as a single woman for 15 years. Life looks different to me.
Different than what?

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well, I am losing weight but I still have fat fingers . 15 years.

I have never thought I have been a failure for these past 15 years. Where did you get that from? Maybe you think I am? I have been pretty successful. Maybe not in the area of romantic relationships , but that doesn’t make me an overall failure. My non-success in that area doesn’t make me who I am. No clue where you got that from.

Why am I fatalist? Well, you haven’t lived in my shoes. I never had a safe and secure life since childhood. Everyone I felt slightly secure , I have suffered a major loss. Disaster has mostly lurked in the shadows. I’ve seen and experience som Sh!t since I was a child. I can’t think of something not leaving/ending. It’s for my own self preservation. And it’s ingrained. I work on it daily. If I keep telling myself it will eventually end or go away, then I will be “prepared” for when it does. It’s a sucky way to live for sure, and I hope most never have to experience that.

I am in a different stage of my life now. I am no longer in my early 30’s a single mother to a school aged kid. Yes, the I wanted and I craved a “family” I really didn’t have it growing up, it was ripped away from me as soon as my baby was born, and my focus was a lot different , now I’m older, my kid is almost a freakin adult and my focus so different. My goals are different and my desires are different. Just like yours have changed even over the past few years.

Things are just different. I have accepted some things that will never be and I’m at peace with them. And for now I work really hard to live in the moment

L
L
OMG nobody here ever thought you were a failure but you. Maybe when you have some free time read through your threads.

Nah in the beginning you’re usually pretty optimistic telling us how these guys are different. You are not telling up something. Why in your opinion is this guy so “unavailable”?

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Nope, never thought of myself as a failure in life. Actually, I’m usually like “wow, I kick butt “

I’m telling you everything. He’s still going through a divorce and he’s still not looking for a relationship right now. That hasn’t changed since the last time. Which is fine by me. He has his hobbies and his social life and I have mine. That’s all there is to it.

L
L
Ahhh still married. Thought that was a hard never again? I’ll let DNJ handle this one.

LH19 #2939143 11/11/22 02:47 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by LH19
Ahhh still married. Thought that was a hard never again? I’ll let DNJ handle this one.

It’s the same guy, LH. The one I have already sinned with .

L
L
Oh boy. FTK. You’re a glutton for pain. He’s never going to buy the milk when he can get it for free.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I don’t want him to buy the milk, LH .

L
L
Just so you know you’re not HHHing. That’s a term used when you are heading towards a relationship.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard