Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I could not marry someone that is richer than me, with a higher status in society.
I am pretty independent financially.
Over the past few years, my girls have been my focus. The joy I get spending time with them is worth more than a job that pays super good, but you have no life.
Thats what my ex is feeling, as a Realtor, times are tough. Kids say they rarely see her. One even lives with her.
If her new beau is rich, and she goes down that path of financial security, so be it.

Sitting at a Table for One.
S
S
Originally Posted by Mach40
If her new beau is rich, and she goes down that path of financial security, so be it.

If he's rich, then he's probably 10 to 15 years older than she is. But rich guys are hard to lock down in the long run.

Spiral

Last edited by DnJ; 11/01/22 11:23 AM. Reason: Corrected quote syntax.
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Spiral

If he's rich, then he's probably 10 to 15 years older than she is. But rich guys are hard to lock down in the long run.

Spiral
Well, that would put him mid to late 60s.
In her inner circld, he may be, just speculating, a high achiever in her arena of brokers, realtors, lawyers. He may be the guy where she opens a new real estate company with. Perfect for her. Again, Just speculating.

I care, but dont. No shame in what I achieved in my lufe financially. I do okay, dont have to work 40 hrs a week. And, i have allot of time to spend with the kids. You cant beat that.

Last edited by DnJ; 11/01/22 11:25 AM. Reason: Corrected quote syntax.

M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Today was a pretty good day. Have been reading the long detachment thread from years ago.
I read it, write it and review it. I am learning allot. I am way behind the power curve on many things needed to go forward in life, but I am feeling good.
Been sick since Sat. Fever is gone today.
Then, as I was reading "The Pocket Guide to self Reliance",
I had a vision of her sitting across from me in the living room. My stomach turned. I think her actually telling me she dating someone is the main cause of the burning feeling. So, I did a few deep breathing cycles, and it helped.
Seems the sex part is the real hurt for men. Women its the connection emotional side which hurts them when Husband has a relationship. And I digress.
I have some great write ups to go over from the detachment thread. I felt good reading it as it brought clarity, especially with so many people on there explaining things on how they did it.

M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Just got back from Texas with youngest Daughter, 22. We went Horse Back riding from the countryside, into to a bar in town. Had a couple beers, road back. Epic time.
My horse was a Belgium, huge horse. She was easy to steer and control, especially in the creek we went through..
Also went to Luckenbach TX where outlaw country has its roots. Look it up.. Neat place.
My mind was off the ex and such for the majority of the time.. Very nice..

D
D
Now I have that song “Luckenbach Texas (Back to the Basics of Love)” in my head. Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson….outlaw country at its finest. Also look up The Highway Men if you’ve not heard their songs. wink

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
1 member likes this: Mach40
B
B
Mach40,
Just got back from Texas with youngest Daughter, 22. We went Horse Back riding from the countryside, into to a bar in town. Had a couple beers, road back. Epic time.
Awesome! Making memories. Well done.

My mind was off the ex and such for the majority of the time.. Very nice..
That's why GAL is so critical. The busier and the more fun we're having with family, friends, or even a project by ourselves the less time we're thinking of our Ex & our sitch and the better we feel.

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
1 member likes this: Mach40
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My daughter is definitely the catalyst in most adventures I do. Lot of it is due to work, and being on travel allot. But, she likes to get me out when she can to just have fun.. Great daughter..
Luckenback was big with her, as she loves the old country, even though she is 22.

M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Not much to add. Finally getting over my bronchitis.. If anyone ever needs good tea for upper respiratory issues, use a Mullein tea.. I used the leaf right off the plant in Texas to make tea. Very good. You can buy it too and fancy organic stores..
My Mother started asking questions about the divorce, just out of the blue. Not sure why, but trigger city for me..

M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Today was an interesting day.. I was asking my oldest for Christmas ideas for the grand kids, and the question came up, should I get her Momma something, card etc for Christmas..
I told her we didnt do a birthday for each other, so maybe its a moot point. Well, oldest said her Momma did get me a gift card, but since she was sick for my B Day dinner, my oldest put the gift card in her card from her and my grand baby. Didnt tell me till today. Made me feel bad for that. Wasnt my fault, it was my daughters for not informing me..
Thoughts on what I should do, reach out and give her a thank you for the gift card. Better late than never. And, since she did get me something for my B Day, should I retro something to her?
I am sure most will say, just let it go. I get it, but after 32 years, some things always mean something regardless of how we feel about each other.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard