Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
AnnKay Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you, Ready2Change, SteveLW, BL42, kml and DejaVu6! I am just adjusting being a new mum with a toddler and a newborn. Rest is all relative, but I am determined to just enjoy the slow days as much as I could. I know I miss my 4YO when he moved out of his cot to his own bedroom, so I will just soak all the baby-ness when they are babies.

I am a little worried about how my son will react when H and I finally divorced and live away. My 4YO is such a trooper at the moment, but he is so attached to me and also close to his Dad. I guess I will just have to see.

A
AnnKay Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by SteveLW
Ann, I too want to offer congratulations! Giving birth is one of the most beautiful things in a very ugly world! (I will never forget being the one to "catch" my daughter when she was born.) I hope that little one brings you lots and lots of joy!

Thank you, Steve! wow, great job on catching your daughter when she was born. I nearly dropped mine as she was so slippery! at the moment she has brought me sleeplessness, but all good nonetheless.

A
AnnKay Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Ready2Change
Originally Posted by AnnKay
I have given birth to a beautiful baby girl born 5 days overdue
Enjoy your time with your baby! ...time flies by....mine were born 1999-2002...all out of the house now...
Thank you, R2C. Wow, I cannot wait until that time comes and my babies are out of the house, although I also want time to stop at them being babies :p

A
AnnKay Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by kml
Hi AnnKay - hope you had a good weekend and are getting as much rest as is possible with a newborn.
Thank you, kml. Weekends are challenging as my son is not in daycare, but we are getting there. I am just adjusting with everyone's schedules and needs and taking it easy.

A
AnnKay Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Newborn
Hi AnnKay! I'm in the same "DB'ing as a new mom" camp as you unfortunately. How awful to have such a wonderful time spoiled - I'm 6 mos post partum and we're doing so much better everyday. Being away from the STBX was huge. You're doing way better than I was at your stage, and I'm really proud of you for realizing you no longer have feelings for him. You're worth so much more than what he put you through! and you deserve so much better.

-NB

Hi Newborn. Thank you. I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. The road has been tough with many ups and downs for me, as a lot of posters here would probably tell you. It is good to hear that you are doing so much better. I hope you have all the support you need in going through all of these challenges. You and baby also deserve so much better and I hope one day you will look back on these days with pride of how you handled yourself in these difficult times.

S
S
Originally Posted by SteveLW
Ann, I too want to offer congratulations! Giving birth is one of the most beautiful things in a very ugly world! (I will never forget being the one to "catch" my daughter when she was born.) I hope that little one brings you lots and lots of joy!

Thank you, Steve! wow, great job on catching your daughter when she was born. I nearly dropped mine as she was so slippery! at the moment she has brought me sleeplessness, but all good nonetheless.

I was coached well by the doctor. To grab her under the arms and then swoop her up on to mommy's tummy. Literally one of the greatest moments of my life!

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
1 member likes this: Ready2Change
B
B
AnnKay,
I am a little worried about how my son will react when H and I finally divorced and live away. My 4YO is such a trooper at the moment, but he is so attached to me and also close to his Dad. I guess I will just have to see.
Is H still staying with you? How's that going?

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
A
AnnKay Offline OP
OP Offline
A
BL42,
Originally Posted by BL42
Is H still staying with you? How's that going?

Yes H is currently still staying with me. We talked about him moving out somewhere closer and he has packed most of his big stuff up and put them in storage ready for when he finds a place.
It is a little difficult for me at the moment to push him further into moving out as he is helpful with the kids, and my daughter is so young that I cannot fully function as a human being yet.
Before D was born, we both agreed on a coparenting arrangement, and now we just need to hammer in the details. I know there is nothing wrong with initiating the divorce, but I kinda do wish he just followed through with his divorce threat so I don't have to be burdened with the responsibility of 'pulling the trigger.'
In a way I wish I could just 'feel' the same way for H and we could get back together and life would be easier, but as time passes, I somehow feel more and more averse to staying married to him.

K
kml Offline
K
but as time passes, I somehow feel more and more averse to staying married to him.

Once the rose-colored glasses come off, some of us can't unsee the people our spouses really are.

A
AnnKay Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by kml
Once the rose-colored glasses come off, some of us can't unsee the people our spouses really are.

This is so true, kml. I cannot completely say I do not care about him, but I know continuing with him (esp if nothing changes) will be something that will make me unhappy.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard