K
kml Offline
K
(And pie).

D
DnJ Online
D
Good Morning Andrew

You and I were on the fortunate side of sharing holidays and special times - as in not needing to.

J has had gift unwrapping and a few lunches; no weekend visits, or such. Of course, the kids are not seeking it either, having been indoctrinated into this new life pretty hard with Mom’s brutal and brash behaviour.

I suspect it’s similar for son as for my kids. Visiting Mom now and again, having a sense of duty to her. Yet given the choice he would rather see you. Life’s role model and all that.

I’ve got everyone coming over for Easter supper; nine place settings required. Ham, scallop potatoes, corn, salad, and apple crisp with ice cream is on the menu.

It’s a really nice day over here this Sunday.

Glad to see you got a new and better ladder. That old one looked a bit rickety. smile

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Weird weather lately. Yesterday alternated between window rattling storms and bright sunshine. Bright sunshine here today so I hope to maybe get what windows I can open and air out the house a bit.

Still working from home and to be honest, it's been tough. Focusing on my project as much as I can which is pretty boring stuff and not making nearly the progress I've hoped for. The lack of human contact is I think part of the problem. I've lost a lot of motivation for many things including cooking. I still am motivated to make breakfast, my favourite meal, but lunch and dinner aren't as well thought out. And I've put on about 5 more lbs in the last few weeks even though I've been doing my best on portion control and choices. Blargh. Sleeping a lot too. I went to bed early last night and got about 11 hours. I felt great in the morning energy-wise at least. My plan had been to be at my desk by 7:00 but that was when I woke up.

I've been keeping a bit of an eye on things at the plant - it does appear that my absence is being felt. Some things aren't kept as up to date and tidy as they had been but orders are moving. A big change since I've been off-site is a change in our primary raw material supplier. We use waste product from refineries as a source material and the refinery we deal with has cut production substantially. Not sure why. So instead of bringing it in by truck from a couple of hours away, we're bringing in railcars from Alberta. As a 200 tonne / day plant that's quite a few railcars. It does seem that with the nicer weather that rail deliveries have been more reliable at least.

It's more complicated for the guys to unload from rail than from truck as all our lines are designed around truck unloading. We have to use steam and air pressure to get the material flowing so lots of safety concerns. I'm going to have to visit with them and find out what is involved so that when I get back into doing the planning for the plant that I know what the guidelines are.

I'm pretty sure that getting myself outside and also around people (back on site at least part time next week) will help a lot with the depression but it's just a slog for now. I'd love to take some time off but that's not likely to happen until at least late summer. The project I'm working on won't be implemented until early July. Certainly no interest in putting myself out there to seek feminine company. I did run into one person who I think is interested on Saturday and she was rather flirty I thought. I didn't have time to stop and chat though.

Oh well - this is just distracting me from getting things done. Back to my numbers and procedure writing.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline
K
Make sure you're getting enough vitamin D - deficiency can contribute to seasonal depression.

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Odd thing this morning. All my Google devices had been signed out and I had to re-authenticate. I had a similar thing a couple of months ago where I was alerted that there had been a password reset request on one of my social media accounts.

While I have my doubts that something nefarious is underway, it pays to be prudent so I've gone through all the security settings making sure that the devices logged in to the account are ones that I have approved.

Payment 54 of 77 of alimony was cashed this morning. It's getting exciting to see those numbers getting closer together. I would imagine that it would be making her nervous to see that coming to an end although there's no way I can know. It would make sense though as the alimony add on roughly 50% to what used to be her income. I don't knw what she's up to these days but can't imagine that she's gotten a much higher paying role than the retail she had been working at.

I do know that she had been keeping close tabs on me in the past but doubt that she's been trying to hack into my accounts. If she's curious about my life it's a pretty open book and she has a conduit of information from our son. As far as it being someone I've dated, that's highly unlikely. B wasn't technical at all and we parted on decent terms and she's never looked back. S left so thoroughly that the door never had a chance to smack her on the butt and I'm sure never looked back either being an old pro at such things. Personally I think she wasn't happy with things here either but found it convenient to have someone to pay the bills and feed her children.

It's interesting to see who has me blocked on various social media platforms. It's not obvious other than the blank space unless you look. S's oldest daughter has me blocked as do a couple of members of B's family including what was supposed to be her ex-husband. My xW, of course plus a few of her friends. It used to bother me a fair bit but now it's just "meh". And in a number of the cases, I'm probably better off not seeing anything.

It's a blowy kind of day here in Upper Lower Middle Kanukistan. I'm poking away a bit at the work project I have along with some personal tech projects and puttering around the house. I have most of my Easter preparations in place. I'll pick up an arrangement at the flower shop on Saturday. I'll probably use my new recipe for fresh bread for Sunday to go with the ham and scalloped potatoes. One advantage of that meal is that the timing isn't nearly so difficult as it is when I have 5 separate dishes to get ready. No Kinder eggs this year as there was a recall on them and I'm not confident that the retailers have pulled the correct lot numbers. Some small chocolate bunnies for my son and I though. I was looking for my Easter decorations and can't put my hands on them. Perhaps something that left when "S" packed up but also perhaps just not where I've been looking. I'm not very cluttered here though.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
K
kml Offline
K
Less than two years to go! Yay!

Your ex’s financial decisions are not yours to worry about. She made her bed, she got her fair share, she’s made her financial and career choices.

Making financial progress on our own, paying off our bills, living within our means - that’s the best revenge, no?

Have a happy Easter with your son! My oldest and I are planning gluten free eggs Benedict.

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
New thread time "People see what they think is there"

https://www.divorcebusting.com/foru...flat&Number=2932847&#Post2932847

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard