Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Ginger1 #2931582 03/21/22 02:04 AM
C
C
Originally Posted by Ginger1
I do enjoy my Ginger time. My winter activity is Hot yoga and I’ve been enjoying that. Now that the nicer weather is here, I am looking forward to hiking and I have made a promise to make more time for it. I’m just emotionally lonely. It’s not so much as a physical presence I am lonely for. That’s that emotional intimate connection that I don’t have that is reason for my loneliness. I can entertain myself just fine, I’m usually pretty busy and I do have a little bit of a social life.
Good point, I was looking at it from my own frame and not from the emotional connection lens.

Originally Posted by Ginger1
So, I decided I’m quitting my job and babysitting for the rich people
New user - IRS - has joined the chat.

Jokes asides thats really good money!

H37, W37
D4, S2
ILYBNILWY 9/19
BD 9/19
EA discovered 10/19
Currently in limbo, no D or S process initiated
Ginger1 #2931587 03/21/22 03:22 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
OMG. What a night.

I feel so awful for my daughter right now. I should have listened to my gut.

So, I was at work and my D was at her dads when she got this job. Something didn’t sit right with me because as a mother, I couldn’t understand how a woman would get some total stranger to watch her 7 month old and 2.5 year old with autism would hire a 14 year old girl without meeting her first and having her meet the kids. My ex talked to her on the phone and brought her to the door and everything seemed kosher. Something felt off, but the aunt was there and that’s why I was Ok with it.

She said she would be home by 10, so I drove there at 10, waited in the car until she got home. I noticed a car pulled into a driveway ( it’s a condo complex) and I figured that was her. But she wasn’t getting out of the car. After about 7 minutes, D texts me and says “mom, you have to come and help, she’s drunk and the aunt can’t get her out of the car!” So I go to help, she is beyond wasted. She has open containers in the car, she drove halfway up on the grass. Drunk as a skunk. I sent D to the car, helped get her in the house. The aunt told me she isn’t supposed to be drinking and she is an alcoholic. They moved there to get her away from booze ( her parents own a well known bar in a lake community about 45 min away) they have been trying to get her into AA and she won’t go. I gave her the number a woman we work with at a recovery center who helps. She took my number to pay D, but I don’t think she will.

basically, my D is traumatized now. She gave up her night with her dad to babysit. She saw something awful and got stiffed. She’s super upset. This was her first babysitting job.

So I told her I will pay her, and she doesn’t have to go to school tomorrow. We discussed alcoholism a little. We discussed how important it will be for her to never drive drunk or get in a car with someone who has been drinking. That if she is ever in that position, to call me and I will be there.

What a night. Her dad feels awful. I feel awful. She feels sad. She is empathetic and feels bad for the kids. My poor kiddo

Ginger1 #2931588 03/21/22 03:58 AM
K
kml Offline
K
Omg that’s awful. I’m so sorry G. When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Ginger1 #2931696 03/22/22 04:16 PM
C
C
Ginger,

What a night that turned in to! I think you did an excellent job teaching some life lessons at the conclusion of the disappointing night, while in the midst of all the emotions. That's not easy, and from your prior post, both you and your daughter seemed very excited at the prospect of how the night would go. To go from the high positive to the low mix of emotions dealing with a drunk lady stiffing your family, and having the resolve to teach your D through it is commendable.

H37, W37
D4, S2
ILYBNILWY 9/19
BD 9/19
EA discovered 10/19
Currently in limbo, no D or S process initiated
Ginger1 #2931699 03/22/22 05:07 PM
M
M
Did you hear back from the lady later regarding the pay? If not, have you or D tried texting her the next day, when she was hopefully sober? There is a good a life lesson here for D to stand up and claim what is owed.

Do ensure that any steps you or D take do not have any safety concerns. That is more important than anything else.

Ginger1 #2931707 03/22/22 06:02 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks. She stayed home school yesterday, took a little bit of a mental health day. I didn’t sleep well, but when I woke up, I said “I’m getting that girl her money” I texted her dad and told him this and we decided either him or his BIL ( a cop who lives in that town) was going to get it. my D woke up to a text from the woman asking for mine or my ex’s zelle to send the money. I didn’t have her answer it, I had my ex do it. She sent the money, but it hasn’t cleared. She did not utter one sorry to my D nor my ex. We went out to dinner last night and she was nice and chatty and we had a good time together .

I actually told my D not to communicate with her and block her number. I am not having my D communicate with an alcoholic. She isn’t a woman who just had too much to drink that night. She is a full blown alcoholic and at 14, I do not want my daughter dealing with her. Her aunt who posted my D’s advertisement in the town mom FB group sent a message to the moderator letting her know what happened and to remove the woman from the group so that some other poor young kid doesn’t have to deal with this. It is not a safe situation.

The good news is I am taking her for an interview tomorrow with someone her aunt knows because their sons go to school together. She’s excited for that.

Yesterday I had a sort of coworker burst in my office yesterday and say “ you are single, right?” I’m like “ it’s my scarlet letter” lol. I said that I am. She wants to set me up with her son . We are both 42 and divorced, no kids for him. She told me the town she lived in and then I put the name together and me and this kid went to school together from 1st-8th grade. Small world. She gave him my number. We shall see. Man, I really do need geography change

I had a guy I had dated and it didn’t work out come back for round 3. It didn’t work the 1st 2 times, and he wants to try a 3rd. I don’t think I can do it.

I was browsing online last night for potential places I want to move. It can’t come soon enough

Ginger1 #2931708 03/22/22 06:14 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Well, what was the guy like in grade school? Can you do a little online sleuthing before you talk to him?

Ginger1 #2931740 03/23/22 11:06 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
We were so young then! He definitely wasn’t a bully or troubled kid. He was a good kid. I found him and stalked him a bit as I know he did me, because his mom said he’s have him check me out on FB. Haven’t heard anything . Might be weirded out . We shall see .

Oh, and if he’s going to judge by what he remembers, dear lord, I was awful looking. Braces, glasses, and a mullet fro. I’m not even exaggerating . I was not cute, lol.

Went to the dentist yesterday. I have had dental hell since childhood. I had oral surgeries, but corrected, 4 years of braces ( yes, I had an underbite too) they wanted to reset my jaw before all the issues happened to prevent them, by my parents said no. So I endured a lot to get a decent mouth of teeth. Luckily my dad was a state employee and it was paid for. For a period of time in my very early moneY. And back then kids were not covered until 25. I had no dental coverage. Long story short, with no covered, and then coverage at a dental clinic where they botched some work, I lost a few teeth in the back of my mouth. I found out yesterday I have a slightly loose front tooth. And if I had to lose a front tooth I would die. Basically, I have been clenching my teeth so hard lately, I catch myself. I have a deep bite because of the few missing back teeth. My stress level is apparently pretty high. It’s recommended I get 2 dental implants in the back ( can’t even see them) but just to correct my bite to preserve my front tooth. He also recommended an all expense paid trip to Hawaii. I swear. I can’t afford this. But I’m pretty sure my dating life would be dead in the water if I didn’t fix this. Now I’m clenching more because I’m stressed.

Sigh. I think I’m just going to sell one of my kidneys. They are my best organs, lol.

My dentist is a trip. He’s in his mid 30’s. Very good looking man. He is always making jokes About the downside of marriage. I can’t tell if he can’t stand being married and can’t stand his wife, or he really loves it . He has a 2 year old son. I was talking to the hugest about my 14 year old daughter. He asked about the teen years and I told him about how I’m pretty much never ever right and I know nothing according to her. He says “ I’m married, I’m used that to that already!”

That was a boring post. Just stuff on my mind.

Ginger1 #2931749 03/23/22 03:29 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Maybe that little boy had a crush on the girl with the mullet fro wink

As for the teeth - this likely has nothing to do with your teeth, but the long Covid patients I follow online have a high incidence of tooth loss. Nobody knows exactly why, but my guess is that microscopic blood clots in the blood vessels in the root of the teeth may be the culprit.

kml #2931750 03/23/22 03:50 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by kml
Maybe that little boy had a crush on the girl with the mullet fro wink

As for the teeth - this likely has nothing to do with your teeth, but the long Covid patients I follow online have a high incidence of tooth loss. Nobody knows exactly why, but my guess is that microscopic blood clots in the blood vessels in the root of the teeth may be the culprit.

I never had Covid. For sure. But I do clench my teeth like crazy. I always feel my face so tense. It’s a shock I don’t have any wrinkles. Stress is my baseline, but I guess it’s been kicked up a bit lately. Which I know is why I’m not losing anymore weight. I’m eating fine, I’m exercising, but I have a feel stress is kicking my insulin into overdrive.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard