Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
L
L
Don I don’t really care what you read in your Dr. Ruth Westheimer books.

I want to date the kind of woman who goes with her feelings in the moment and is going to sleep with me when she feels safe and comfortable. Most likely not on date one maybe on date two, three, four, five. If she’s worth it I’ll wait.

What I don’t want is a woman who has the “you better put a ring on it attitude”. That’s manipulative and doesn’t work for me. Is it possible we have sex and it ends without a commitment. Yep. But hopefully she doesn’t feel cheap and used and it was a beautiful moment between two consenting adults.

What you are proposing reminds me of the song from Meatloaf “Paradise by the Dashboard Lights”. We know how that songs ends and that’s what happens when you give ultimatums.

It may be 5 years but it seems like decades.

I do agree with your Covid rants though.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I think I’m going to stay out of my own thread. THat was a mistake

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I’ve decided to turn my thread boring like CW.

Last night I ate leftover Indian food, sipped on wine, and organized my dresser, jewelry and cleaned my makeup brushes. I was quite content. This was after going to the gym, putting away Christmas and getting my nails done. It was quite a lovely day.

L
L
This morning I woke up and took a dump then worked out. Both were very satisfying. I do have a plate and bowl to wash later so that could be exciting.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
And it’s totally not me teasing CW. Sometimes boring and no drama is good. I like boring. I don’t want to have to worry about anything right now I’m my life except my kid, myself and the mundane tastes of adulting

L
L
So I guess that’s why you don’t enjoy dating because it makes you have things to worry about.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by LH19
So I guess that’s why you don’t enjoy dating because it makes you have things to worry about.

Jesus, yes. There is a whole extra set of stuff us women have to worry about when dating. And I don’t want to.

For us women, we are concerned for our safety at times. And with men getting even lewder on these apps, it’s a real worry.

You are so dense. I’m sure you worry more for your daughter when it’s time to date than for your son. It’s just a sad reality

L
L
I guess I’m just dense then. To me you block report and move on. But I also haven’t met a woman who finds it enjoyable.

I have told you time and time again. My BF doesn’t date and he’s the happiest person I know.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by LH19
I guess I’m just dense then. To me you block report and move on. But I also haven’t met a woman who finds it enjoyable.

I have told you time and time again. My BF doesn’t date and he’s the happiest person I know.

All I have been talking about is my uncomfortable dating experiences and the uncomfortable process. And then you say “so you don’t enjoy dating because it’s something to worry about?”

That’s what I’ve been saying all along . Not a very good listener . Validation means nothing if you don’t even listen in the first place

L
L
I knew you were frustrated with it. I didn’t know you worried about it so I am listening. I sense you’ll be back at some point just like when you get frustrated and leave the board. IMO it’s still the best way to meet single people.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard