Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
D
D
Originally Posted by OnlyBent
Your credibility plummeted when you had three spelling mistakes in one sentence.

That’s the best you’ve got huh? And on top of it I’m typing on a phone.

Meanwhile back in reality

Originally Posted by kml
The unvaccinated are 31 times more likely to get the virus than the vaccinated and boosted according to a recent study out of Massachusett.

Minnesota is one of I think only 13 states actually tracking and releasing breakthrough case data. In the last 13 weeks they report 234,943 total cases. 101,746 of them were reported to have been vaccinated. I’m not certain how they define that - especially since the definition of fully vaccinated is changing. What else is new. The stats are publicly available on their website. Regardless, that’s hardly even remotely close to a 31 times difference. Once again studies and statements from the “experts” not holding up to real world experience.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Let’s play nice now.

My state had the highway day in record yesterday. There are no mask mandates outside of the hospital but majority are wearing, including me. Triple vaxxed. Masks help prevent spread of infection and viruses. We know this. This isn’t new. Will it prevent everything? No. Do they help? Yes.

Fortunately vaxxed people are getting it and getting over it
For the most part. Like a crappy flu. Invaded aren't so fortunate.

Anyways. As far is me picking the wrong guys? The only other guy I ever picked that was like this was my ex husband, lol. It was only 3 weeks, I was feeling him out. It wasn’t “tumultuous” but it was for the most part not pleasant for me, but apparently it was for him.

My picker isn’t off. I don’t know how any of these guys are until they show me. He showed me , I believed what I saw and that was it. Now, my ditcher used to be very broken. But it’s nearly repaired. He will not be having a place in my life .

O
O
Originally Posted by DonH
That’s the best you’ve got huh? And on top of it I’m typing on a phone.

Tongue in cheek DonnyH, but didn't really need to have a crack at kml though either.

Re the COVID, the people making decisions are just that, people. They are going to get some things right and some things wrong. There hasn't been a pandemic on this scale since the early 1900s so everyone is kinda riding blind. There is just so much criticism out there, I truly think that if the criticism stopped and cooperated instead things would be better. I am in Australia and we've had a much easier COVID ride than the US. Admittedly, geographically we are at an advantage, but besides that we have done nothing more than lockdown where necessary, mask up and get vaccinated (which came a lot later than other countries due to lack of supply, yet now are 90%+). What are the other options?

Me: 41 W:42
T: 14 M: 11
S: 6

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
O
O
Originally Posted by Ginger1
I don’t know how any of these guys are until they show me. He showed me , I believed what I saw and that was it. Now, my ditcher used to be very broken. But it’s nearly repaired. He will not be having a place in my life .

Know when to hold em, know when to fold em. Great stuff Ginger, sounds like you're in a better place than a few weeks back.

Me: 41 W:42
T: 14 M: 11
S: 6

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
K
kml Offline
K
Masks protect others quite well from your spray. Mask protection to yourself is less although a good fitting N95 or even KN94 goes a long way towards reducing your exposure. If everyone wore masks properly the rate of spread would slow considerably and studies have confirmed this. If everyone was vaxxed AND wore masks AND socially distanced we could get the pandemic way down.

A good study showed pediatric cases in counties that enforced school mask mandates were less than half as much as in counties without school mask mandates.

Wearing a mask is an act of civic responsibility to protect those around you. I just don’t get the selfishness of those who won’t do so.

Please Don, follow Your Local Epidemiologist for some real science.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Welp. I went to a Christmas party hosted by one of our partners on Wednesday. Got the call today my coworker has Covid. The one i was sitting next to and hugged, lll.

I’m fine though. No symptoms here. Half the people I know have gotten it. It’s inevitable I’ll get it .

3 people I was hosting tomorrow can’t make it because one is pretty sick. So just me , my dad and his wife. And lots of food, lol.

Little bit sad this Christmas, the singledom always smacks me in the face this time of year. But I’m used to it.

Merry Christmas everyone

M
M
Originally Posted by kml
Masks protect others quite well from your spray. Mask protection to yourself is less although a good fitting N95 or even KN94 goes a long way towards reducing your exposure. If everyone wore masks properly the rate of spread would slow considerably and studies have confirmed this. If everyone was vaxxed AND wore masks AND socially distanced we could get the pandemic way down.

It’s so simple and yet there are so many who don’t understand how masks work. Or perhaps they choose not to understand since it does not fit their agenda.

Originally Posted by DonH
In the end the sooner we stop the insanity and come to grips that we will be living with Covid for a long long time, the better we will be. The only thing worse than living in fear and missing out on life for 2 years is living in fear and missing out on life for 2 years and a day. STOP THE INSANITY.

Yes, we need to stop the insanity. Universal masking and vaccinations are our best tools to get life back to normal. Travel to a country that is implementing these measures well and you will see how normal life can be as long as everyone follows these common sense measures.

B
B
Ginger1,

Little bit sad this Christmas, the singledom always smacks me in the face this time of year. But I’m used to it.
I understand. Hang in there. Enjoy Christmas with your dad!

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by BL42
Ginger1,

I understand. Hang in there. Enjoy Christmas with your dad!

Truth be told, the hole I feel at Christmas without a partner is the lack of family that comes with one. I love kids and I always dreamed of a Christmas with them running around, and just all the family that comes with it, full house, celebrations. Oh well.

I will enjoy with the my dad and his wife. D loves her round one gifts, lol. She made a tik tok about how she loves her parents are divorced at Christmas because of all the presents , lol.

BL enjoy your holiday as well

T
T
Ginger, I had three friends and one new acquaintance over for a Christmas Eve dinner and it was lovely having a full house and good cheer. I wonder if your hole must be filled by legal family or could be filled by other forms of companionship? Hallmark movies set so many expectations but I think it’s a win if you’re smiling, in good company, sharing traditions. I hope the rest of your day is wonderful. Sending lots of care and cheer your way!

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard