Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yeah, the a-fib would be a real problem if it continued, because then he would need blood thinners to prevent a stroke - BUT - the blood thinners would likely cause him to bleed more and become more anemic. I'm relieved it resolved on its own and am giving him supplements to try to keep him in normal sinus rhythm (magnesium, B12, CoQ10).

1 member likes this: bttrfly
T
T
Happy Halloween, kml. (:

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks, CW. CMM looked better yesterday, although he still isn’t sleeping great. I had my Moderna booster yesterday - no side effects this time! - and got my Sunday morning walk in with an old member of this board who moved to my area last year. Son and I tried out an eggnog pumpkin pie receipt - waiting to taste test it. I’ve done my laundry and will mop the kitchen floor later, but that’s all I need to do today.

Hope everyone has a good day!

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well the eggnog pumpkin pie turned out yummy, although I think I prefer my pumpkin pie plain and less sweet.

CMM had an insight yesterday that he may not be sleeping because he's afraid to sleep (as in, he might not wake up). I think he may be right since he naps perfectly comfortably when I'm there next to him. (I'm there at night too but I sleep like the dead.) He did seem to have more energy yesterday and he spent part of the day sorting paperwork that he has been meaning to get to.

B
B
{{{{{ CMM }}}}}

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
What a rough realization that must be. Continued prayers for both of you.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Quiet weekend here. CMM is doing ok. Figured out a way to prop him up better in bed and while he’s still not sleeping great, he’s at least getting closer to his previous sleep pattern. I’ll grill steaks for dinner in a bit. It’s quite a change, cooking dinner! Between CMM and my mom, I haven’t been responsible for cooking dinner for ten years - a welcome respite after after all those years of cooking for a family of five! But thankfully I still remember how, and CMM has taught me exactly how to grill the steaks the way he does.

I finally watched the Sparks Brothers documentary on Netflix. One of the talking heads in this documentary is someone I knew through my best friend. A lovely man, a real mensch, much beloved by his numerous friends. Sadly, he committed suicide a couple of years ago. It was such a shock, no note, no obvious warning signs, no explanation - it left a hole in the hearts of all who knew him. But it was sweet to see him in this film, looking every bit of the guy we all remember.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Another quiet weekend. CMM has gotten a bit more sleep the last few days and that seems to be helping quite a bit. The trick seems to be keeping meals smaller and dinner liquid.

My best friend had to call my ex this week with a medical question related to his specialty. He was busy arranging heart surgery for his father. None of my kids have heard anything about their grandfather having surgery. Sad that my ex communicates so little with his own kids.

Speaking of which - as CMM and I were doing some planning, he made me promise not to contact his estranged daughters after he dies. I don’t think I’ll keep that promise - the girls deserve to at least know when he’s gone. And although he won’t leave much behind, there are a couple of items I should at least offer to them ( his golf clubs - I don’t golf but they do; their grandmother’s crystal - not of any value and I doubt young people want it, but I feel I should offer it). I find it so sad that they are so estranged, but there’s nothing I can do about that. And really, they may have very legitimate reasons for cutting him off, I don’t know. He certainly hasn’t done the things I would expect a parent to do, to try to reconcile with one’s kids.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Went to the first concert I’ve seen since the start of the pandemic. I’d bought the tickets months ago when things were looking good as far as the pandemic. I considered not going, but the artist demanded very stringent Covid precautions so I felt very safe going. You had to have two vaccinations, (or a negative test within 72 hours), show your card and photo ID in the outdoors line, metal detector, and masks required at all times indoors. Since it was a Randy Rainbow show with a liberal audience, adherence to the mask requirement was GREAT - most wore N95 or similar masks, I didn’t see anyone with their mask below their nose or any lame t-shirt masks or the like.

My son and I (we’ve both had our boosters) had a great time. I hired a caregiver to sit with CMM (even though he’s pretty self sufficient at this time, it was too long to leave him alone and I didn’t want him to be nervous. ). Expensive but worth the peace of mind.

Now I’m housecleaning and prepping for an early Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. One son is going out of town on Thanksgiving, and the other two are off work tomorrow, so this day just works best. It’s been many months since we’ve all been together so I’m looking forward to. All are vaccinated, and only one son hasn’t had his booster yet .

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
PS watched King Richard on HBO Max. Good movie with Will Smith as the father of Serena and Venus Williams. Kind of a crazy story!

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard