Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
A
A
Do they also offer a service package? I have had the same company come in every year and do a an inspection and service. Oddly since I normally avoid monthly commitments, I pay $18/month which is the same as the cost of the service and that also gets me priority service in case something does go wrong.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yes, they do. Signing papers tomorrow so we can get this ball rolling.

D
DnJ Online
D
Use the more expensive compressor and leave the old one there. SMH. Thanks. No.

Just look at how much they made the other business shine. smile

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Right? At first when CMM was telling me about it (his chemo brain’s a little fuzzy sometimes) I thought he meant they were going to use the old compressor - which made NO sense, it’s 28 years old and rusted. Then when I looked at the estimate and saw the slimline compressor, I figured out what they had meant. Crazy. I mean, this can’t be a problem they haven’t encountered before, right?

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well it’s been a busy few days. CMM went into a-fib after trying the fentanyl patches they were switching him to. He had blood work Friday and we held off signing the hospice papers until we got the results on Monday - good thing we did, because he was very anemic and we are in the infusion center right now getting him tanked up with two units. (They won’t transfuse you on hospice care). This happened before over a year ago when chemo effects on his gut caused severe iron deficiency - I’m pretty sure it’s the same today, which sadly means he may not be able to take the oral chemo he was on. This anemia was also probably a factor in his a-fib.

He should feel a lot better after this. Since the anemia is not due to his cancer directly, there’s no need for him to die from that. I think he’s still got at least a couple good months left in him before he really goes downhill, but it’s anyone’s guess.

Cancelled patients for today, which is just as well , since my furnace-AC is also being installed today. My son is home with the installers.

A
A
{{kml+cmm}}

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
B
B
{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
T
T
A-fib sounds scary. I'm so glad CMM has you to help, got the transfusion in time, and has good months left. Sending hugs and well wishes to you two.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Got home from the infusion center yesterday midday and the furnace/AC was already installed and the installers gone! And my gate is intact! Glad I went with the guys who really seemed to know what they were doing. AND the invoice they emailed me today had an option to pay with my credit card, which means I'll get some cash back on the deal.

CMM had a better night's sleep last night and has stayed out of a-fib which is good. I'm at work today and playing a bit of catch up since I was out yesterday.

Watched another episode of Impeachment last night - in this episode, Bill has to come clean with Hillary that he hadn't told her the whole truth about Monica (the DNA test on the dress had come back). Kinda brings back flashbacks of BD. The show is really well done, for those who are interested. (On FX).

Also watched the new Dune on HBO Max over the weekend with my oldest son. I really loved it. Visually stunning, they didn't try to cram too much in (this is episode 1 of 2, plus they streamlined the storyline a bit). I like it so much better than the old David Lynch version. Special effects are great. Score is great. Of course, my son had to point out every place where they altered the plot or left something out, but he really liked it too.

2 members like this: Traveler, bttrfly
B
B
I'm so glad the heating/ac situation is behind you. isn't it great when you have people working who know what they're doing and do a good job?

glad CMM was able to sleep better last night. Mom's in chronic a-fib, so I get it. xoxoxo hugs to you both.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard