Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
D
D
I’m 51 and don’t have wrinkles because I’m fat and “fat don’t crack”. My face looks very much like it did 20 or 30 years ago. The filters, to me, are typically obvious around the eyes, especially if the eye color is particularly bright or vivid. I just don’t get it.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
My sister’s friend was moved to the ICU yesterday and put on a ventilator. He neglected to get vaccinated - we don’t know whether he just thought his risk of contracting it was low because he worked from home, or whether right wing misinformation affected him. He could have been vaccinated months ago, and is high risk because he’s in his fifties with a history of heart disease. He didn’t get tested until a week or more into symptoms, because he was in denial (“it’s just a cold”) so he missed his opportunity to be rescued by monoclonal antibodies like Trump had (they work best given really early). These cases are so heartbreaking now because they are totally preventable. There are still over 500 people dying each day in the US from Covid - that’s two jet planes clashing daily, and most of those deaths could have been prevented with the vaccine , which is now readily available. Tell your friends and family, don’t wait - vaccinate!

D
D
So sad KML. I got my vaccine last week and was so happy, My kids are getting their’s on June 2nd, the misinformation out there is ridiculous. It’s sad.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
A middle school student in my sister's school just lost his mother to Covid. Get vaccinated people. And I'd suggest you keep wearing your masks in indoor public spaces.

T
T

Originally Posted by kml
He didn’t get tested until a week or more into symptoms, because he was in denial (“it’s just a cold”) so he missed his opportunity to be rescued by monoclonal antibodies

My 2nd dose is on Wednesday! I'm sorry you're facing so much of this firsthand and through family/friends. His case sounds very sad. I wonder how much his symptoms aligned with a COVID presentation as we've been told to watch for--dry coughs, fever, and loss of taste as opposed to a cold's wet sniffles and sneezes.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Pretty much anybody who thinks they have a "cold" or "just a virus" right now should get tested for Covid, because the rates of influenza and ordinary colds are extremely low due to Covid precautions. Monoclonal antibodies work best in the first 72 hours after symptoms and are not helpful after ten days, so timely testing for high risk patients who might qualify for monoclonal antibody treatment is essential. People need to realize this virus is not gone, and we need to get enough people vaccinated to achieve herd immunity.

T
T
Originally Posted by kml
Pretty much anybody who thinks they have a "cold" or "just a virus" right now should get tested for Covid, because the rates of influenza and ordinary colds are extremely low due to Covid precautions.

Good to know. I ignored getting sniffles shortly after my 1st shot because it's a common side effect of both the vaccine and the endurance work I was doing. I'll get tested if I get cold-like symptoms again!

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well, my sister's friend who was put on a ventilator this week for Covid has died. He could have gotten vaccinated any time in the last 3 months but didn't. He leaves behind a teenage son and wife. Please get vaccinated folks.

B
B
geez

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
T
T
That's so sad to hear, kml, when he was in a high risk category and could've gotten vaccinated or tested. I guess the obstacles to vaccination just now are: (a) Many assess the vaccine as more dangerous than COVID--especially if they "had COVID before", and (b) The logistics are wonky. Multiple agencies are trying to schedule vaccinations. I was told my recollection was wrong and scheduled for the wrong 2nd vaccine. Fortunately, I proved their error.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard