Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
T
T
Hey Steve -

Just a quick reminder that we are all trying to help out, even if we seem a little hard on you. Trust me, it's good to have people here help hold you accountable, so don't get discouraged.

You are trending in the right direction, so keep up the good work.

Focus on less communication with your WW and keep declining those invites from her by using as few words as possible as recommended by the others. Your WW reaching out is all bait designed to keep you stuck on her while she goes off and finds her next victim. Don't be fooled, she is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Hang in there.

S
S
Originally Posted by Ready2Change
I believe your focus is in the wrong place.

Originally Posted by Steve_
I understand what you guys are saying. I did over for that but I felt at that point I wanted to just get the animosity over with. She invited me to Disneyland with the kids. I said no. They are down there now. I just can’t keep playing the kids emotions when she wants to act like family.

She also asked me to move the storage for her consolidate it, I told her I would do it, but for $200 since a company will charge 300 at least. She looked surprised but I am $200 richer.

She honestly thought I’d never quit, never see my own value. She thought wrong. She asked me to unblock her from my social media and be friends. I told her maybe some day but not for the foreseeable future.

I’m doing great otherwise. Thanks for following along everyone it helps me a ton. And I appreciate it

The issue here is that Steve_ used to be overly attached by 1000x normal. Now he is down to 50x, but it is still way too much.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
S
Steve_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I did not have this convo over text, i dont reply to text. I had the convo when I dropped off the kids.

Since she has been in disneyland she has sent me photos of things going on. Thats it, no more than that. I responded by thumbs upping the ones with the children. But I do not engage otherwise. I only did this thing with the storage since my stuff is in there as well, and if I consolidate it, I told her I will not be giving her $100 a month to split the storage fee so that saves me $100.

Otherwise I say and do nothing whatsoever.

T:11
M:10
K: D5, S7
BD: 9/1/20
WW continues to break up and recon with OM.
I paid last fees and pushed the D 5/3/2021
Default Dissolution granted 8/5/21.
Glad my D was not busted.
S
S
Drop-offs need to get done with no face-to-face with her. Your kids are old enough to pull that off.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
S
Steve_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yeah I agree, but I was handing her a greeting card for Mother’s Day and my god son’s birthday. She answered the door instead of the in-laws.

I also know that the social media stuff is her way to try to manipulate, which is exactly why she remains blocked. I hope someday she will become a better person, healthier and stronger without needing men’s attention to feel good. Maybe someday she will realize what she threw away. But not any time soon. And people usually change when the pain of staying the same forces them to, she has not felt the real pain yet. I have nothing much to say to her really. It’s very simple. I see her games for what they are and believe 0% of what she says and even what she does.

I am more concerned with me right now, I got a IV certification class coming up and I’m thinking of looking for a better paying job soon as well.

L
L
Since she has been in Disneyland she has sent me photos of things going on. That's it, no more than that. I responded by thumbs upping the ones with the children.

So what would happen to you Steve if you didn't send the thumbs up?
I also know that the social media stuff is her way to try to manipulate, which is exactly why she remains blocked.

You are a wise man!
I hope someday she will become a better person, healthier and stronger without needing men’s attention to feel good.

I would give that about a .0000001 percent chance of happening.
Maybe someday she will realize what she threw away.

What did she throw away? Why do you think it is so easy for her to throw it away?
But not any time soon. And people usually change when the pain of staying the same forces them to, she has not felt the real pain yet.

What kind of pain do you think she is going to feel? Why do you think she will feel it?
I have nothing much to say to her really. It’s very simple.

It really is that simple to us here.
I see her games for what they are and believe 0% of what she says and even what she does.

You are a wise man!
I am more concerned with me right now, I got a IV certification class coming up and I’m thinking of looking for a better paying job soon as well.

Great!

S
S
Yeah I agree, but I was handing her a greeting card for Mother’s Day and my god son’s birthday. She answered the door instead of the in-laws.

Always an excuse. Your 7 year-old can't carry a greeting card to her?

M(53), W(54),D(19)
T
T

"I agree, but" = an excuse. Usually overcoming an excuse simply requires trying, but if you get stuck, let us know and we'd be happy to offer guidance. You must know there are at least millions of divorced couples in the world myself included who manage to exchange kids without talking to each other.

Maybe someday she will realize what she threw away. she has not felt the real pain yet

If she becomes a better person--healthier, stronger, and not needing a man's attention--she'll probably seek a man who similarly doesn't need her attention or another woman's. You're slowly getting there.

You don't know what she felt before BD. LBSs often underestimate that pain before their pain.

What did she throw away? On the one hand, you displayed admirable loyalty. On the other hand, you valued yourself so little you went to great lengths to try to win over a 7x cheater shacked up with your "best friend". You saw her as high value compared to you, even imagining she could have anyone she wanted, while most of us said "ewww". Hopefully, a bit further along now, you realize like most men we'd say "ewww" to an LTR with her due to her ugly personality, even if she lived 5mi away and looked like <insert supermodel here> when airbrushed. You were dating a serial cheater. She was dating a man with no self-esteem who accepts dubious friends. You can hope she raises her standards for her and your kids, but you can only fix you. (:

R
R
Originally Posted by Thornton
Just a quick reminder that we are all trying to help out, even if we seem a little hard on you. Trust me, it's good to have people here help hold you accountable, so don't get discouraged.

I went for a hike with my dog yesterday. I checked out what was wrong with the front end of my car. I made six people laugh when I got my covid shot. I made deep fried chicken wings. I updated my routers firmware to dd-wrt. I took photos of flowers and sent them to my mom. I sent my last child support check to X-wife 2 weeks ago. I sent a link of a funny video to my daughter. I washed my sleeping bag this past weekend. It has gortex, so it took FOREVER(over 9 hours in dryer) to dry. Still has one section that is not completely dry. I cleaned my car. I talked to my mom for 45 minutes yesterday. I help get a dog back to its owner yesterday. It was running loose in the road. I am thinking about trimming up my covid beard. It is 4" long.

What percentage did I bring up the kids mother? What percentage of the post was about me?

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
S
Steve_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well I had a fancy bottle of whiskey to hand over as a gift for my friends birthday didn’t want my 7 year old dropping it he also had his school backpack.. I know excuses...

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard