Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Today, I am also thankful that my youngest son got his second vaccine shot earlier this week. Now all my children are fully vaccinated, I can be a little more relaxed and we can get together.

A
A
I like the idea of going to something light and completely different in hair colour and then letting that grow out. I firmly believe that "it's only hair" and also that it can be a great way to express your personality. "Let your freak flag fly" as they used to say.

And if you change your mind, it can grow back or get changed again.

One of my neighbours I know struggled with the decision to let herself go grey and actually just grew it out. It looked rather neat in my own opinion while she did that.

Glad your kids were able to get all vaccinated. That will make everyone more comfortable especially since CMM has a compromised immune system. I'm figuring that it will be the late summer / early fall before I am as I'm still waiting for my first shot and the story these days is that there will be a 3-4 month wait between.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
The good news is you’re about 80% protected 2 weeks after that first shot.

B
B
my morbidly obese cousin had her first shot. sadly she's having some scary side effects, including a change in her lungs that her dr says is directly related to the shot. but as i said to another cousin, she's in a really tough position. she has so many co-morbidities that not getting vaccinated is simply not an option - diabetes, arthritis, her age (she's only 61 but her body is 20 years older because of her poor health), God knows what else.

i think that whatever you do will be perfectly you, and that fuchsia would look pretty cool.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
Great news about your kids getting their vaccine KML. I’m still patiently waiting for mine. I have registered and now they are supposed to be texting me when it’s time to make an appointment online. The vaccine schedule up here currently is basically an age-based strategy as high risk frontline workers and immune compromised people have all been vaccinated. They are in the 60-65 range currently. If all goes was planned, my age group will come up in the second week of May. Not sure if that is the target date for actually being vaccinated or just being able to make an appointment. I am lucky because I live on an island and our numbers are relatively low compared to the rest of the problems. Even though there continues to be cases added to the daily list, overall numbers of active cases keep going down. We are at 350 for almost a million people. That’s not too bad, imo. Hopefully this means the end is in sight. smile

T
T
@DejaVu, in my area, there was a delay between the general populace being able to make an appointment and being able to actually get one. It's 2 weeks in and the nearest appointment is an hour away, and a co-worker who got his had to wait an hour. I'm hoping it'll be less crazy in a week. I figure as long as I get my first shot two weeks before my trip, I'm OK. It's been a year and I don't plan anything risky between now and then.

D
D
Yeah...I think that there are a number of determining factors. Brook had his vaccine on Thursday and he is a year younger than me. But...he is a nurse and he lives in a much smaller town than me. I was actually surprised, given his profession, that he hadn’t had his already but I’m pretty sure there have been very few cases in his town so that may have also been a determining factor. I also know someone who didn’t have an appointment but went down to where they were giving out shots and waited around kind of on standby. The vaccine only lasts for so long once it is out of the fridge so if there is a no show or a last minute cancellation, they can fill those spots with anyone who is in the vicinity that wants one. The numbers are still pretty low in my area so I don’t feel like I need to do that. I’m happy just to wait my turn. I still only know a few people in my sphere of friends/acquaintances who have had CV19 so I don’t feel particularly at risk as long as I keep doing what I’ve been doing. Hoping this summer will be relatively “normal”.

E
E
Waw, that's good to hear!

As for me it will only be June, children normally after Summer since they are under 18.

Enjoy the planning of some get-togethers! Looking forward to that as well.

Me(45)EXH(44)
M:15 T:18, S19, S16 & S16
04/19-02/20 ILYB & OW1
12/20-08/22 OW2 (+pregnant-his child)
03/22-Divorce official
06/22-08/23 Reconnecting
09/23-possible back with OW2
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Things have been quiet at home and busy at work lately. Got my taxes done and I’m officially on Medicare as of this month! I’m a bit behind on some of my preventive medical care and looking forward to seeing a new primary care doctor and getting things done, now that I am vaccinated and no longer have a $7,000 deductible!

Having a lazy Sunday afternoon, watching a movie while CMM naps next to me. Life in the moment is good.

Still debating whether to attend the large outdoor convert next month that got postponed from last year. If people are masked, and bring vaccinated myself, I feel safe enough. But noticed the crowds at our local baseball game were not masked today (even though it’s advised to still wear masks outdoors in crowds). Definitely don’t want to be sitting in the midst of an unmasked crowd. Not with a vulnerable person at home. Guess I’ll still wait and see how the next month goes.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Haha - finally get Medicare and plan to get a new primary care doctor and get caught up on some preventive care - and the whole system where she works goes down to a ransom ware attack and has been offline for over a week! Cant even make an appointment for the future.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard