Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by kml
Pay close attention to what the dog thinks of him. (And check the dogs tags if you get a chance - hope it’s not his current girlfriend’s dog!) .

Remember a coffee date is not a real date - it’s just like meeting someone at a party and chatting by the guacamole dip. It’s a chance to see if he IS someone you would be willing to go on a date with.

Good luck!

Hi kml, I posted in full all the details. I lost interest in him at hello, so didn't care too much about the dog..lol.. but good points in the future.

I'd say that a coffee date is like speed dating. To me, it's still a date. You make plans and follow through. Getting out there and talking to a stranger in either situation, might lead you to ask yourself would you do it again? I will try again. Not with that coffee guy. But I'd go on another coffee date meet another.

Oh how I miss social gatherings, and now I'm craving guacamole!

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Mar returns stuck here C19 Lckdwn
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever
K
kml Offline
K
Good job! You got some practice, and you learned a few things. First of all, pictures don’t always match reality. (I think this is more of a problem with women than men, but men definitely like to put up photos of themselves when they were younger.)

Second - you got some good clues out of his work history. Doesn’t sound like he’s too functional an adult. Possibly living with his mom and watching her dog? Also - heads up, but according to my son who did some kitchen prep work and my friend’s daughter who is a chef, there’s a lot of substance abuse and toxic masculinity in kitchen work.

Third - this is why you don’t give out your personal contact information before the coffee date (good job there!).

Four - this is why you get the coffee date out of the way early. It’s too easy to start to feel like you’re in a relationship talking online, then meet and realize there’s no chemistry! Better to find out early. (Note well: this advice IS coming from a woman who completely broke that rule once - carrying on 3 months of daily chat and then going to meet him several hours drive away! I got insanely lucky -we dated for a while until his childhood girlfriend found him on Facebook, but we are still friends many years later. But I do know now how foolhardy that was).

Remember, if you were at a party full of singles, you might talk to three or four guys in the course of an evening. This is just that. It’s a numbers game and you’ll probably need to meet several guys before you find a dateable choice.

CanBird!

Hey! You got your feet wet! Or at least a little toe. lol

I think guacamole sounds fab. Possibly, probably, better than the coffee with Chia, but you did it. You put yourself out there and you were safe and smart about it. That's a win!

I have not had my first meet-up yet. Still waiting for my friend to set up a meet with 'Bud'.

KML - I love your advice. I'm following this!

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
IHS: 1/17-2/19
D FILED (ME): 7/19
D FINAL: 10/20
M23 T25
OW CONFIRMED: 01/21

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
A
A
Originally Posted by CanBird
He had marked that he had kids, and that wasn't true. A "mistake" he didn't notice. I never asked before hand, but whatever. I asked him about his job (he listed business owner). A chef of sorts, but now takes photos of food at home for menus. (ummmm okay.... )...
LOL - "entrepreneur". On the other hand my now ex-father-in-law would just tell people that I was unemployed when in fact I did free-lance for about 11 years.

Well done CanBird.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Guess who has a job interview THIS Friday! This opportunity pays more, is full-time, lots of great benefits, remote/virtual. Customer service based in the same field (dental). A liaison between patients & offices. So excited!! It'll be a video interview with 3 on the panel. I've got a home office and they supply the rest. (Computer & dual screens). Other than having to get a wifi upgrade (faster internet), I'm ready!

*I've got more news to share. Will wait for new thread. The BIG Duck Deal..tbc*

Ps-All good with other things....stay turned

Last edited by CanBird; 02/04/21 08:15 AM.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever
D
DnJ Online
D
Congratulations on scoring an interview. Best of luck tomorrow. So exciting!

Glad to hear things are going so well.

The BIG duck deal. Staying tuned. 5 more posts until new thread. smile

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
D
DnJ Online
D
Gonna be so patient over here.

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
D
DnJ Online
D
I wouldn’t let my eagerness fill up a thread. No sir, not me.

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
job Offline
You will awe the interviewers. This is such exciting news for you and I hope that everything works out and you get the job.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks DnJ!

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow