Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
kml #2913937 01/30/21 04:37 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Got the drums moved. Not as many miles this month as I’d hoped (I was more out of shape than I realized and had to take a few too many rest days) but still way more miles than I was getting before!

Haven’t finished reupholstering the chairs, got involved in too much reorganizing at home - I should finish the office chair this weekend though, thanks for the reminder! I only need to sew the cover and staple it back on, the hard part of removing all the staples is done.

I can’t remember if I mentioned it here before, but watched the movie Wish Man on Netflix a few days ago. An inspiring story of the guy who started the Make a Wish foundation and how he overcame a troubled childhood.

D
D
Originally Posted by AndrewP
Remind me to never get kml wound up about something she is passionate about - LOL.

LOL yeah passionate or obsessed, it’s sometimes a fine line. Not sure in this case but clearly masks have become an obsession for some. I still see far too many examples of people who simply don’t know how to operate and wear them correctly - like the US legislator who pulled his mask down to be able to sneeze directly into his hand and then replace the mask - with the same hand. Don’t know where he wiped the rest of the sneeze but you just can’t make this stuff up. I’m sure a quick Google search could locate this video.

All I know is in my state the number of positive cases, those in the hospital, those in ICU and those who have died, are all exponentially worse since our mask mandate went into place. And the legislature is poised to remove it next week so we will see if that changes anything in the downward trajectory we’ve seen since November. I suspect it won’t as masks have such a minimal effect. Perhaps if warn correctly and consistently they might be a bit more effective but they are clearly not - below the nose, hanging off one ear, constantly touching and adjusting, removing to talk or drink or eat (or sneeze). Ha! Just thought, it’s kinda like online dating, a good idea on paper but the actual execution just falls short.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
kml #2913999 01/31/21 05:42 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Wintertime increases have nothing to do with your mask mandate, everything to do with ill-advised holiday gatherings, more people indoors, and the news strains which are more prevalent than previously recognized because we’ve been doing a sh!t job of genomic monitoring.

My friend who is a hospital nurse and has seen the Covid carnage firsthand can’t get his at-risk mom to get the vaccine because she believes Bill Gates is going to microchip her. Others believe the vaccine will change their DNA (it can’t ) or that it’s too dangerous, even though the virus has more than a 1 in a hundred chance of KiLLING them. If you are worried about the effect of having one single type of mRNA for one single protein of Covid in your arm muscle for a very short time, what do you think is the effect of having ALL the different mRNAs of the virus making ALL the Covid proteins in all your cells for days or weeks at a time from a Covid infection???? How does it make ANY sense to them that the infection is safer than the vaccine???

The same people apparently also believe Jewish space lasers are setting fires in California yo clear land for a high speed train.

kml #2914000 01/31/21 05:51 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I’m not obsessed, I’m on my weekend off making daily calls to patients. The 60 year old woman 9 days into her Covid with worsening shortness of breath who I am trying to keep out of the hospital. The woman whose 52 year old healthy husband has been on a ventilator and ECMO for a couple weeks now, his lungs still look terrible, and odds are very high that he won’t survive - but if he does survive he’ll likely be seriously compromised. Following up on the obese diabetic man of color who I followed daily throughout the three weeks after Xmas, who should have been admitted but wasn’t quite bad enough to win a bed in Los Angeles at that time, to make sure he’s recovering and doesn’t need a further adjustment in his treatment regimen.

Yes, Covid is on my mind. Legitimately so. I have a tiny practice of about 500 patients and I’m still seeing this much morbidity. I had ten new cases between Xmas and New Years. It should be on everyone’s minds.

kml #2914010 01/31/21 07:17 PM
I love redoing furniture! I get such a sense of accomplishment.

I'm sorry you are in the thick of it with Covid, but you are a blessing to those patients.

Thanks again for all of your support and encouragement on my thread. Please do take care of yourself and stay well.

((((kml))))

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
IHS: 1/17-2/19
D FILED (ME): 7/19
D FINAL: 10/20
M23 T25
OW CONFIRMED: 01/21

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
kml #2914029 02/01/21 02:18 AM
T
T
kml, just stopping by to thank you for all you do. It sounds like a very challenging time to be a medical professional who cares about his patients. Wishing the best possible outcomes to all you have mentioned.

kml #2914030 02/01/21 02:25 AM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I don’t have much experience with furniture 97hope but have two patient chairs in my exam room that the bonded leather on the seats was flaking. I just couldn’t find similar chairs for sale (these are particularly sturdy and comfortable) and was able to find a color match in my local discount upholstery shop, so I recovered the seat on one chair and am finishing up the second. It turned out to be a little more complicated than expected but the first one turned out well and the second one even better. Luckily I have good sewing skills.

(Apparently I have mad color matching skills too - I picked out the leather color from memory without bringing in a sample - it’s such a good match that I don’t have to recover the backs, which are still in good shape. smile ) The hardest part of this whole project was prying out the million staples.

Next up is replacing the fabric on the seats of my dining chairs but that will be a much simpler project without any sewing involved.

kml #2914222 02/03/21 03:34 AM
B
B
mom and dad have several antique platform rockers which need new seats. an interesting project for the future.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
kml #2914673 02/08/21 08:46 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Wow - Covid patient of mine who stopped answering his calls - I thought perhaps he'd been hospitalized. Nope - arrested because his crazy girlfriend, who he'd rescued a couple of years ago from homelessness and addiction, accused him of pushing her. Mind you, this guy was febrile, with falling oxygen levels, and she was screaming at him like a madwoman during our last phone call. Pretty sure HE'S the victim here, not her, as I've known him for 15 years and he's just not that guy. I have a call in to the detective.

Warning for all you guys out there - don't try to rescue crazy.

kml #2914680 02/08/21 09:45 PM
A
A
Originally Posted by kml
Warning for all you guys out there - don't try to rescue crazy.
I think that beyond being a hero that part of the appeal is that it could be imagined that the power dynamic shifts in favour of the rescuer. I know that certainly was one of the things that has crossed my own mind.

Addiction - of any sort is something to avoid. As I learned to my own detriment, it's the addiction they focus on and personal relationships pale. And that was with a hoarder and not a substance abuser.

I expect that's why some men go for the "mail-order bride" thing too. One of my neighbours is engaged to a girl from Thailand that he met online. I know of another in my village who did marry a woman from Indonesia I believe, who then started abusing his kids.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard