Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
S
S
Originally Posted by SaltyDog
Alright, I'm going to have to stew on this for a bit.

In the meantime, another question. So in years past she has handled the majority of the Xmas wrapping duties because A) I hate wrapping presents and B) I suck at wrapping presents. So we have all the presents for the kids being wrapped and I was thinking me wrapping them would be a 180 - thoughts?

What's the alternative?

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Steve85

In the meantime, another question. So in years past she has handled the majority of the Xmas wrapping duties because A) I hate wrapping presents and B) I suck at wrapping presents. So we have all the presents for the kids being wrapped and I was thinking me wrapping them would be a 180 - thoughts?

What's the alternative?

Not doing it and she'll have to do it as usual or she will ask me to help out.

M
M
I assume she's referring to Sunday because I posted on FB pictures of me and the boys down at the ocean.

SD,

Did you post many FB pics pre DB ?

im amazed how both the LBS spouse and WW hit Social media after DB.. almost trying to catch the others eye, while making it look like its "all about the kids"...

If not, she isn't stupid and will know the pictures were for her benefit.

Previous username - Helpme123.. A name chosen at a desperate time..

Now Mr Brightside.. coming out of my cage, and doing just fine.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MrBrside
SD,

Did you post many FB pics pre DB ?

im amazed how both the LBS spouse and WW hit Social media after DB.. almost trying to catch the others eye, while making it look like its "all about the kids"...

If not, she isn't stupid and will know the pictures were for her benefit.

Yeah, anytime I go anywhere with the boys (before this all happened) I would post it to FB. We don't have any family near us so it's always been a way to keep them in the loop.

T
T
Hi SaltyDog,

Sounds like a great 180, as long as you're doing it for yourself--it's a skill you've always wanted to add to your wheelhouse and not something you're doing to try to impress your ex. Gift wrapping can be simple, silly (disguise boxes), or artistry (fancy ribbons and bows). My D appreciates artistry. My S appreciates silly! As a single dad, being able to wrap gifts is a requirement unless you want to use bags, so why not?

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by CWarrior
Hi SaltyDog,

Sounds like a great 180, as long as you're doing it for yourself--it's a skill you've always wanted to add to your wheelhouse and not something you're doing to try to impress your ex. Gift wrapping can be simple, silly (disguise boxes), or artistry (fancy ribbons and bows). My D appreciates a well-wrapped gift. My S does not! As a single dad, being able to wrap gifts is almost a requirement.

It's a mix of both (for myself and to shock the sh*t out her). My usual method is to put everything in gift bags, shove in tissue paper, and call it a day.

S
S

What's the alternative?

I say do it. One last logistic to have to work out with her.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
S
OP Offline
S

What's the alternative?

I say do it. One last logistic to have to work out with her.

Funny, I thought the same thing. Usually in this type of situation I'd text her asking some question or another about wrapping paper or something stupid like that. Anyway, guess I should start a new thread.

New thread

Last edited by SaltyDog; 12/15/20 10:37 PM.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard