Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
R
Originally Posted by SaltyDog
when she asks "I haven't heard from you, is everything all right?"

Wait several hours (or more). the longer you wait the better.

"yes"
"Yes, been busy"
"never better"
"Been busy. Yes I am fine"

I agree with the others, wait to respond and come here for direction to real messages if needed.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
R
R
The Four Agreements audiobook

Always do your best
don't take anything personally
Never make assumptions
Be impeccable with your word

My lady has these tattooed on her back. Every time I read the book, I am at a different point in my life and something new resonates.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
S
S
Originally Posted by Ready2Change

My lady has these tattooed on her back.

That seems extreme! laugh

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
S
OP Offline
S
when she asks "I haven't heard from you, is everything all right?"

Wait several hours (or more). the longer you wait the better.

"yes"
"Yes, been busy"
"never better"
"Been busy. Yes I am fine"

I agree with the others, wait to respond and come here for direction to real messages if needed.

Thank you. As I've dragged myself out of the funk I was in yesterday I see these are by far the best types of answers. Of course she hasn't said a word, so who knows if I'll get to use them! lol

S
OP Offline
S
The Four Agreements audiobook

Always do your best
don't take anything personally
Never make assumptions
Be impeccable with your word

My lady has these tattooed on her back. Every time I read the book, I am at a different point in my life and something new resonates.

I literally just started the on the drive to jiu jitsu and to be honest, at the beginning I'm thinking "this is a bunch of granola eating BS" and was thinking of stopping but stuck it out. Boy am I glad I did!

S
OP Offline
S
Just got my first message from her in 48 hours. "It looks like you all had fun yesterday." That's it. I assume she's referring to Sunday because I posted on FB pictures of me and the boys down at the ocean. I'm going to let it percolate for an hour or two and respond with - "It was on Sunday and yes we had a great time!"

O
O
Why reply at all Salty?

Me: 41 W:42
T: 14 M: 11
S: 6

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by OnlyBent
Why reply at all Salty?

I don't see a need to completely go dark at this point. There wasn't an ultimatum or big blowout. The last we saw each other it was totally fine and I've already gone a very long time not reaching out which is out of the ordinary. If I flat out ignore her without any context it'll likely do more harm than good in the short term and unfortunately I have Xmas to think about. I don't want to ruin Xmas for my kids so my plan is to play along as much as possible while also DBing through the New Year.

O
O
You say she already knows it was on Sunday and she already knows you had a great time. How will it make you feel if she doesn’t reply?

Me: 41 W:42
T: 14 M: 11
S: 6

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by OnlyBent
You say she already knows it was on Sunday and she already knows you had a great time. How will it make you feel if she doesn’t reply?

I won't feel any different if she doesn't reply. I just feel like there's a difference b/t playing it cool and obviously ignoring her. Replying instantly is what I would usually do. Waiting a couple of hours is strange behavior that can be explained with "was busy doing..." if asked. Not replying at all is obviously ignoring her. I am totally open to that option down the road, I just feel like it would be like going straight to a triple dog dare and skipping the double!

Last edited by SaltyDog; 12/15/20 08:06 PM.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard