Originally Posted by Fogg
Thanks CanBird, I appreciate it. It is nice to be heard and know someone is listening.

My personality type has a tendency to hyper focus on the things I am not doing well, or need to improve. I am almost blind to the things I am doing well and I know that is a big problem with my mental health. As an example with J, if we're talking about something and a comment about one of the people she dated in the past comes up I tend to compare myself negatively and only see how I am "not good enough". I'm working on this, but its so damn difficult. I know on a logical level she's not with the people in the past, so there's a reason it didn't work out. I'm mindreading and overthinking things.

So, what am I grateful for. I have my kids and spend a significant time with them, more so than some people get. I've been lucky to have a pretty good co-parenting relationship with my ex. I am getting a house soon and can provide for my family, even though my expenses are pretty high. I have two degrees completed and have a pretty good outlook career wise for the future. I am relatively healthy, even if the ED stuff may be a symptom of other things to look at. I am good at my job and I am respected, people come to me for advice and support. I have a great deal of flexibility at work and I can basically do as I please without really reporting to anyone. I am in a relationship with someone who wants to be with me, who does care about me.

Hi Fogg. This was nice to read, the things you are grateful for. These are the things you are doing well at! Right?

I understand the tendency to focus on what we are not doing well. When your mind does goes there, just remind yourself to STOP. Refocus. I am guilty of this, heck I'm sure we all are to a degree. STOP and refocus on the good things that make you grateful. You've got a lot written up there!

Have a great weekend.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Mar returns stuck here C19 Lckdwn
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever