Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
M
M
vinyl plank flooring is great! If you get the nicer stuff (there is a pretty wide range) it is completely waterproof and looks really good. I have the super cheap stick-on vinyl in the basement, because it leaks in heavy rains and I didn't want water to get trapped beneath the flooring, and it actually looks fantastic. Putting the nicer stuff in the bedroom now and the contractors said it is pretty much all they're doing these days rather than engineered hardwood. They all have it in their own homes too. Can go in the bathrooms and kitchen as well if you want.

And Gerda... let me add my voice to those who admire you deeply. The story about your Ls and then you finally standing up and managing it all on your own is pretty incredible. How good does it feel to take the reins of your own situation and know you're doing far better than all these professionals? You can do anything you want, and you'll kick @ss doing it.

one last little question on the refi-- have you talked to your bank recently? Just because rates are SO SO SO low right now, even with questionable rents it just might be doable, and they're incentivized to help find a way for you to make it work since you're in forbearance. (Maybe. I'm no expert, just wondering if you've explored it at all.)

Thanks for continuing to share with all of us!

Me (46) H (42)
M:14 T:18, D9 & D11
4/19 - 12/19: series of escalating BDs
9/20 - present: R and piecing
job Offline

Last edited by job; 11/27/20 12:41 AM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard