Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
S
S
Originally Posted by ScottB
Steve - the person I spoke to was 66 with a 30 year old daughter. And if hanging out with a fun 30 year old family member after this is wrong, so be it.

I was walking and typing and trying to protect a degree of anonymity, so i might not have been clear.

" a bunch of 30 year old girls."

I guess you didn't mean that?

Edit: oh, maybe I assumed you followed through on going out with her and her friends. Apologies if I misunderstood.

Last edited by Steve85; 11/14/20 07:26 PM.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
S
ScottB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Not yet Steve. I will use my cousin as a “date” to go to dinner and such in the near future.

I’ve actually been impressed, my wife is buying a lot of her furniture used. Not what I expected.

S
ScottB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Tonight was interesting. My kids went over to a neighbors party, I was struggling as to whether i stayed with NKY wife or went along. I had been invited, but my wife didn’t know, she hadn’t been. Anyhow, she said I should go with the kids . Once I got there they asked what she was doing and they invited her to but she stayed at home. So the kids and I had a great time while she did who knows what. It was a little weird and made me sad, but oh well.

M
M
Same here.
Though my W is buying extremely expensive clothes and accessories for her self.
Closing in on 10 grand for just a few items.
Also new boobs and fillers.

They change. You need to be prepared for that as detachment will continue to take time.

Me: 34
Stbxw: 30
D:5 D:3
Mini bd: May/June 2019
Married: Aug 2019
BD: 6th Dec 2019
OM Confirmed: Feb 2020
March 2020: I filed for D
Waiting for D to be finalized and W to move out end of January 2021
O
O
Tattoos, boob jobs, new clothes, new BFFs, new attitude, new words, its clearly a thing. These aren't the same women we once knew. Theoretically should make detachment easier, because its a stranger!

Me: 41 W:42
T: 14 M: 11
S: 6

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
L
L
Originally Posted by ScottB
Tonight was interesting. My kids went over to a neighbors party, I was struggling as to whether i stayed with NKY wife or went along. I had been invited, but my wife didn’t know, she hadn’t been. Anyhow, she said I should go with the kids . Once I got there they asked what she was doing and they invited her to but she stayed at home. So the kids and I had a great time while she did who knows what. It was a little weird and made me sad, but oh well.

Why would you struggle with the decision to go to the party or stay with your stbxw? I really trying to understand your mindset? Help me.

S
ScottB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
LH - I’m not detached. I feel sorry for her that she’s all alone. And I like being with her, even though she’s not right. Anyhow, I went - so that’s a positive. And I slept until 8am today - the latest I’ve slept in weeks.

My wife isn’t getting fake boobs yet, and she’s not working out like a fiend (she’s put on weight), and she hasn’t bought a ton of new clothes. I’ve actually been impressed as she buys stuff for her new home because she’s buying used furniture off of Facebook marketplace.

Anyhow, regardless of what I do or what I learn I feel like I’m stuck in LH’s path. Nothing I can do to change it other than to move on to try and save myself. It just [censored]. I do think she might have some kind of personality disorder though it could just be perimenopause. Or, she’s just changed - I guess that’s hard for me to accept so I’m looking to blame it on something.

At least I had a fun weekend hanging out with friends each night. First time I’ve had a weekend like that in years.

G
G
You feel sorry for her that she is alone?!!

It’s her choice to be alone, remember?

L
L
Well I’m glad you went and slept well. These are good signs.

I’m wondering if since you enjoy being with her so much you don’t entertain the friendship route?

You’ll detach more once she moves out and you’ll detach even more once she stars dating.

I know you have been at this for awhile but a lot of feelings are going to be new because I think you have finally accepted that this is happening,

One day at a time.

S
ScottB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
So this kind of stuff drives me crazy. I found out that she enrolled in a Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Program for $97. I already knew she had labeled me as a narcissist. It drove me so crazy I asked my therapist at the time and my coach if it was true, they both laughed at me.

So she is 100% scapegoating me by labeling me with a condition and taking no ownership of our problems.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard