Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
A
Amazing Grace starring Ioan Gruffudd is pretty much my absolute favourite movie. It also has Benedict ClumpyThatch or whatever his name is in it.

((CMM)) - Hope the chemo doesn't hit him too hard.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
B
B
have you seen Knives Out? came out last year but was a great flick
hope chemo wasn't too harsh

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yes, saw it already. First day of chemo is easy because of the steroids - Sunday is when it’ll hit.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Been having a very productive day around the house today. I helped oldest son organize and box up and store the large amount of D and D dice and swag he’s been buying and leaving spread all over the dining table in the front room (this table only gets used for holiday meals). Organized the boxes of old photos my mom had in the family room (her early Alzheimer’s was such that she tried to organize them but never could quite get it done, and didn’t label photos that I wish she had). Those are now boxed up and ready to store in the garage for now.

Also found another spicy tidbit about my dad! Now, my dad was married once before my mom - or so we thought! (His first wife appears to have cheated on him with an old boyfriend). I found a summons which detailed how a second woman was suing for annulment/divorce from my dad in 1947, after his first marriage fell apart. Apparently, he’d sent away to Chihuahua Mexico for a mail order divorce from his first wife, then took this second woman to Tijuana where they got married. Only problem was, the mail order divorce wasn’t legal and dad was still married to his first wife! After two months together this second woman figured this all out I guess and ditched him. This is a story none of us had heard.

My mom and my dad also married in Tijuana, but because my mom was pregnant with my older brother and HER divorce from her alcoholic first husband wasn’t done yet.

Funny because my mom seemed such a straight arrow when we were growing up.

CMM has been sleeping most of the day, this is usually the toughest day of the chemo cycle. I’m gonna turn over the laundry then wake him up for some dinner.

B
B
crazy huh, to learn these old family secrets?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yeah, we all got a good laugh out of it. Although I feel sorry for that poor woman - imagine marrying a guy then finding out to months later he's still legally married to his first wife! In 1947, when that would have been a really shameful thing! Unfortunately the paperwork doesn't include her maiden name so I wasn't able to track down anything about her yet.

B
B
how was yesterday for CCM?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
He slept almost all day - so I got a lot of chores done in the meantime. Some loose stools but no vomiting so not bad really - just exhausted but like I said, he just slept through most of it so that's actually good. He looked better this morning.

I was in a productive mood (which I don't always have energy for on the weekends) and got a lot of things done around the house, including changing my furnace filter and cleaning and organizing the living room and family room. And finding out my dad was once a bigamist lol.

B
B
glad he's doing well and you got a lot done xo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Decided this weekend to reupholster some chairs from my exam room (they had bonded leather which seems to do fine until it suddenly all disintegrates). Turned out to be a MUCH bigger job than I anticipated. Got one done but I think I'll wait on the second and just shop a little harder for replacements. It's a shame because these chairs are particularly well built. But I think I just bit off a little more than I really want to chew. Got a new staple gun out of the deal though!

Otherwise quiet weekend as CMM is still feeling some of the aftereffects of his chemo last week His oncologist had suggested doing his chemo every 4 weeks instead of every 3 weeks but we chose every 3; unfortunately his side effects are showing up earlier in the course of chemo so I think we will switch to every 4 weeks. It's not really curative at this ppint anyway, just holding things down, so switching to every 4 weeks should not make much difference in his prognosis but give him a little better quality of life.

My youngest son got a new tattoo which he showed to me this weekend - my mother's name. He's quiet about it but obviously still grieving the loss of my mom as much as my older son who is more vocal about it.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard