Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
S
Steve_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I did get the loan approved So hopefully I can move out in a couple weeks. I think Ill have to tell her that I dont feel that living with her 4 days a week when we are getting a D is a good idea. It will just let her cake eat and give me zero time to myself (the kids will be there 24/7, her coming and going as she pleases) I dont think that is a very good idea. A small part of me still believes she is lying about the room mate situation and she dont want the kids around so she can be single and free. I think that I cant do that. She can be single and free 3 days a week, and work also, just like im doing. This isnt fair. I went from having lots of money to getting by with like 900-1000 a month left over living alone and thats to do everything I need to do after all the bills and rent are paid. its gonna be really tight and I had almost finished school for my RN that would have almost doubled my pay, now thats not gonna happen for a long time. This whole make a zillion plans to move together then suddenly cancel them cause "im not happy" thats BS. This is unfair. I think im done playing her games, clearly she doesnt seem to give an F how im gonna live cause she plans to be in my life as much as she wants atm. I think if I allow that it will be the worst thing I could do and she for sure will move on to somone else slowly and softly with no need to recon since im always around as a friend. I cant do that. that would for sure kill any chance to save this M its gotta be romance or co-parents no buddies or pals. its hard but I think its neccesary.

T:11
M:10
K: D5, S7
BD: 9/1/20
WW continues to break up and recon with OM.
I paid last fees and pushed the D 5/3/2021
Default Dissolution granted 8/5/21.
Glad my D was not busted.
S
S
Originally Posted by Steve_
I think Ill have to tell her that I dont feel that living with her 4 days a week when we are getting a D is a good idea.

"I have decided not to have you live here 4 days a week."

Short, simple, to the point. Do not let your NGS guide you with a big long winded explanation. Short. Sweet. To the point. And definitive.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
T
T
Yes, Steve_, try to keep your side to a dozen words or less. Imagine you shopped at the Verizon store and decided to buy from TMobile. "Thank you for checking in. I've decided to go in another direction."

I dont feel that living with her 4 days a week when we are getting a D is a good idea. It will just let her cake eat and give me zero time to myself (the kids will be there 24/7, her coming and going as she pleases) I dont think that is a very good idea. A small part of me still believes she is lying about the room mate situation and she dont want the kids around so she can be single and free. I think that I cant do that. She can be single and free 3 days a week, and work also, just like im doing. This isnt fair.

Further negative interactions won't help your situation.

S
Steve_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thats actually hilarious I have T mobile lol. Im gonna have to get on with my life, I think that is exactly what shes most afraid of too. So thats exactly what Im gonna do. I have been an NGS my whole life. I think i will focus on being short and to the point from now on like you guys said, that is the biggest 180 I can actually do.

I texted her "I got the loan, ill be looking for an apt when I get back from AZ" she just said "ok"

that was all. nothing more. its hard but I also feel its the right thing to do. Ill bet her head is spinning like "oh sh*#" I garuntee she didnt expect me to jump on getting out and I garuntee she expected me to hang around her mom's house forever lol.

Last edited by Steve_; 10/21/20 06:46 PM.

S
S
Thats actually hilarious I have T mobile lol. Im gonna have to get on with my life, I think that is exactly what shes most afraid of too. So thats exactly what Im gonna do. I have been an NGS my whole life. I think i will focus on being short and to the point from now on like you guys said, that is the biggest 180 I can actually do.

I texted her "I got the loan, ill be looking for an apt when I get back from AZ" she just said "ok"

that was all. nothing more. its hard but I also feel its the right thing to do. Ill bet her head is spinning like "oh sh*#" I garuntee she didnt expect me to jump on getting out and I garuntee she expected me to hang around her mom's house forever lol.

first step of many in commanding respect! Remember, your job is not to get her to like you. THat is NGS. That is how you get friend-zoned. Your job is to gain her respect. Living at her mom's house wouldn't accomplish that.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
S
S
Also, I see you making excuses and blaming her for not finishing your RN. All I can say is that where there is a will, there is a way. If you don't complete you RN, then that is on you....no one else.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
L
L
What did you want/expect her to say?

L
L

Agree whole heartedly with LH's question.

Why text her? (LBS's are always told action not words) Get the loan, get an apartment, move out. Just do it, talking about doing it just doesn't cut it.

I've been following your sitch, you have come on leaps and bounds. You have all the answers, get them in motion.

Get the loan
Get the apartment and make it yours
Finish school - double your pay.

Stop thinking about doing all these things to get a response from her. These are for you.

Last edited by Lplates; 10/21/20 07:29 PM.
S
Steve_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yeah I didn't have to tell her but we do have kids that will be affected. Plus I will be at work all day tomorrow and gone for the next 3 days. She had asked me to let her know in advance when I plan to move the kids out, I didn't want to be sneaky about things like she did. I just said I got the loan and im moving out. I said nothing else. neither did she but "ok" I expect the question from her about her being my room mate. I will just say "I don't think that is a good idea." and if she asks why I will say "because we are getting a divorce, unless that changes I think its best to respect that"

L
L
Steve,

You’re to wishy washy and passive aggressive.

Here is what you say “ that doesn’t work for me”. If she asks why you should ignore or if you have to say something say “because it doesn’t”.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard