Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
You don’t miss M, you miss the fantasy you were trying to shoehorn him into. Know the difference.

Glad you had fun and got to enjoy the fire pit!

I have a friend IRL that I met here about 15 years ago (turned out she lived a mile from my house). Her husband was one of those sudden departures - stood up at dinner saying he couldn’t take it anymore and left for the OW she didn’t know he had.

It was an acrimonious divorce and he married the OW. While my friend had stayed on top of her husband’s health issues (diabetes and heart disease) her daughter reported that food at his new home was all junk food.

This last year their daughter married and her ex actually gave a speech recognizing what a great job my friend had done raising their daughter and admitting he had little to do with it. Could have knocked her over with a feather!

Now he’s dead of his neglected diseases and OW has stage 4 colon cancer.

Not sure where I’m going with this, guess your ex’s improved behavior reminded me of that.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
You are correct KML. I miss what I hoped could have been. But wasn’t . Good thing is I’m over it. And I would never actually reach out to him, and no matter how nice my ex is , he’s not the one I miss.

It’s all good. Back to normal today. Yesterday was great! I have cleaning to do when I get home but so worth it.

B
B
so glad this is where you're at now dolly dear. you've done a lot of hard work to get here. xoxoxo i'm proud of you!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
C
C
OK - this is not going to be a pleasant post.

For those people that know Cat04 - she is in the hospital for brain surgery.
She possibly has the big C, not good, please everyone pray for her!

Me-70, D37,S36
Cadet #2894615 05/11/20 04:15 PM
job Offline
Thank you for letting us know. I will keep her and her family in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep up apprised of how her surgery goes.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline
K
frown

job #2894675 05/12/20 02:42 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by job
Please keep up apprised of how her surgery goes.

Surgery is over and she is up and ready to be feisty! smile

All I know so far.

Me-70, D37,S36
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I’ve heard the same! She’s a tough cookie that cat! With many who love her

job Offline
Thanks for the update. She's a fighter and she will not allow this to get her down. Thanks for the update!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I realize I’m a bit depressed. As always , a highly functioning depressed and you would never know it if you interacted with me, but I’m down. This area of country I am realizing is so much different than others. Other places are reopening and resuming life as normal. I was shocked to see that from these boards. But here, it’s not happening, nor should it happen that way, nor will things ever be close to the same. I get up, I go to work, I come blame. The things I used to look forward to as a single woman and an extrovert are gone. And will be gone a long time. Gathering with friends and family, going to a concert, a bar, going on a date, a vacation. They are gone. Running to my friends house to hang out? Gone. Spa day with the girls? Gone. Gone for a long time. And I come home and n adults. Love my daughter. But she isn’t an adult. I got some adults at work though.

But the reality of the new life is making me sad. I feel like I’ll be pretty lonely forever. And just having nothing to look forward to is really rough. I don’t even have the will to look nice anymore. I go to work, wear a mask most of the day and scrubs. No one ever sees me. On the rate occasion I go to the store, I wear a mask, no one sees me. I don’t have anyone to look good for at home, so why bother ? I shave only in case I need to go to the hospital, lol. And last night I almost went as I was having the worst right lower quadrant pain all day. Thought I had appendicitis. It’s better today, but I had a rough night. I felt feverish and achy. But I was off today and even though I was up early, I took a 3 hour nap because I was oh so tired.

So yeah, I’m depressed. And lonely. And a little scared, quite honestly. But it what it is. At least I still have an income and my health . But I sure as heck could see how people’s mental health is going downhill at this time

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard