"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
Originally Posted by Ginger1

Basically, 2020 is a dud. Not much fun, no finding a partner, no vacation, but I will make money until I drop !

In the spirit of DnJ ... let's re-frame ^^^ shall we?
"2020 is the year I will pay down all my bills, focus on continued spirit of cooperation with those in my life, and cherish the times I have. The alone time will give me an opportunity to re-charge and learn some new things. The times with my daughter will be memorable, as always, and the time at work will be an opportunity to be of service to the greater good."

Thoughts?

Love you! Congrats on the TP and paper towels. Feels like a victory, doesn't it? There was some in the store yesterday. We have several rolls, so I didn't buy any, but we needed paper towels, which I use mainly to wipe down my groceries before bringing them in the house, so I scored a big pack of those.

xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
T
T
Originally Posted by Job
you would have thought a wedding was taking place w/about 50 people out in the yard. There are just some out there that are playing the stupid game and thinking that it won't strike them or their families and friends.

Ick. Given typical numbers if 1/1000 in their area is confirmed to have it, and 1/200 actually have it, there's a 22% chance they just infected their whole circle of friends. frown

T
T
Ginger, congratulations on your big success at work! I worked with a healthcare professional today via webcam--the hospital wanted me to go in-person, but social distancing. I was sure to thank her for helping us through these times!

D
D
Originally Posted by CWarrior
Given typical numbers if 1/1000 in their area is confirmed to have it, and 1/200 actually have it, there's a 22% chance they just infected their whole circle of friends. frown

Huh?????? What in the heck kind of math is this????????? Even if 1 in 200 people are actively shedding covid how in the heck do you make the leap of a 22% chance they infected their whole circle (100%) of friends. How do you arrive at this conclusion?

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
K
kml Offline
K
Well, if 50 people got together, there's a 25% chance one was infected. Doesn't mean they infected 100% of the attendees, but likely they infected some, and those went on to infect their families or those same friends if they continue to socialize with them. A superspreader event could do much worse.

T
T
Originally Posted by DonH
Huh?????? What in the heck kind of math is this?????????

If each participant has a 199 in 200 chance of being Covid-free, the chance 50 random participants are Covid-free is (199/200)^50 =77.8%. There's a 22% chance there are infected. (Today, in the US, it looks closer to 35%.) Simple ballparking. You could argue people attending a mass gathering during a pandemic aren't typical or random.

Originally Posted by DonH
how in the heck do you make the leap of a 22% chance they infected their whole circle (100%) of friends.

Got me! The CDC estimates its R0 is 5.7. He probably won't infect his whole circle of friends--maybe 6 friends, who each infect 6 more, who each infect 6 more, who each infect 6 more. Terrible critters, viruses are.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by bttrfly
Originally Posted by Ginger1

Basically, 2020 is a dud. Not much fun, no finding a partner, no vacation, but I will make money until I drop !

In the spirit of DnJ ... let's re-frame ^^^ shall we?
"2020 is the year I will pay down all my bills, focus on continued spirit of cooperation with those in my life, and cherish the times I have. The alone time will give me an opportunity to re-charge and learn some new things. The times with my daughter will be memorable, as always, and the time at work will be an opportunity to be of service to the greater good."

Thoughts?

Love you! Congrats on the TP and paper towels. Feels like a victory, doesn't it? There was some in the store yesterday. We have several rolls, so I didn't buy any, but we needed paper towels, which I use mainly to wipe down my groceries before bringing them in the house, so I scored a big pack of those.

xoxoxo

You are a better woman than I, bttfly!

My mindset isn’t quite there, but it is where it should be. Thank you for reframing it for me.

I’m in a little bit of a slump. A little down. But I guess everyone is.

I’m off tomorrow and work Sunday $$$$$$! I wish it was the opposite because rain tomorrow and sun Sunday , but whatever

T
T
I agree, shift how you mentally frame it. You are a first responder, your job is critical and your priorities have shifted to your career.

You also have an opportunity to make a ton of cash, and that opportunity doesn't come around that often.

Work your azz off, make a ton of cash to pay off your bills and save!!! I remember a while back you telling how stressed you were about your finances. Sounds like you now have an opportunity to do something about!

Keep on keeping on G!

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well, I made a little mistake and I actually worked Saturday and Sunday this weekend making it a 12 day work marathon which will end Friday after work. Oh well. I got none of the stuff done I wanted around the house, but hey, mo’ money! I’m still technically on orientation at the other job so it was easy. Today I worked with a woman my age who was cool as heck and we ordered sushi and told eachother our Life stories. Our personalities are so much alike. I basically got paid to hang out with a friend today. So not too bad. But I am really really tired . Only 5 more days to go. I even got the ex and D12 to come take the dog for a walk while I was at work.

So, I’m making the money. I’m single as can be. 2020 is not the year I turn 40. I’m waiting until next year. I will most likely not date or even get the chance to date. It’s hard for me not to have a social life because I am an extrovert , but I take what I can from work. I have no idea what my future holds. I had a really good cry Friday night. I think I needed it.
I’m just grateful I’m healthy and I still have a job. Heck, I have 2

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard