Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Ginger1 #2889332 03/14/20 04:23 PM
B
B
people are mad, as in crazy..
I've unpacked a new diffuser that I bought a couple years ago and am going to take a nap with that running. my symptoms don't really match up with covid - but I have an elderly woman to take care of and I'm not taking any chances for her sake. do what you can, try to stay as calm and positive as possible, which I know you're doing.

xoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
Ginger1 #2889333 03/14/20 04:24 PM
B
B
in terms of E ... I got nuthin. Sorry babe. It may just fade out on it's own. have you guys decided you're exclusive?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
Ginger1 #2889402 03/15/20 05:21 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I’m stressing right now.

I’ve decided no more gym. It’s still open, but I while I am healthy, it’s not fair if I pick it up and pass it to an immunocompromised patient.

I’m getting a little depressed. I realize I am a healthcare working going to work every day in a hospital that has infected patients .

I realize that people may not want to be around me at all outside of the hospital for that reason alone. And I feel guilty being around others .

This is really scary in so many levels for healthcare workers.

I hope this gets to an acceptable slow down rate where we can go about our lives again.

Ginger1 #2889406 03/15/20 06:37 PM
D
D
I understand your fear Ginger but take a deep breath (even though it’s not a test of Coronavirus as some Facebook posts suggest). How is today any different than a year ago? You very likely had far more flu patients in your hospital and the very same fears apply there. You could have infected or been infected by them. In fact you had a better chance of that a few months to a year ago as I’m reading figures pointing at:

“Just over a year ago, long before the term coronavirus had entered our collective vocabularies, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that in just a few short weeks of the 2018-19 winter season, the flu had sickened between 6 million and 7 million Americans. About half of those had gone to the doctor for help. Somewhere between 69,000 and 84,000 had been hospitalized.”

That’s just one example. For whatever reason this hysteria is feeding on itself and if our healthcare workers freak out we are screwed. The Washington Times has a great article on this called “please stop the Coronavirus hysteria now” please Google it and read it. I think it will put things in perspective. This wave of hysteria is so out of proportion to actual reality its maddening. By all means taking precautions, etc makes total sense. I’m not saying we should do nothing we just need to get this in perspective. You were not in healthcare when HIV first hit. I was just starting and it was amazing the fear. This has turned into the same thing - even though if you test positive for Coronavirus you very likely will do just fine just as 95% of patients at bare minimum will.

I’ll leave you with this. Everyone points to China since they are on the back side if it all. They have just short of 81,000 cases. Their population is about 1,400,000,000 (that’s 1.4 billion) people. My math says that’s 0.0000571 people infected. However I and others believe the actual number infected could be more like 10 times that because many have little or no symptoms, are never tested and never get counted. So 10 times the number could be closer which reduces the death ratio by 10 times as well.

0.0000571 of China infected. Perspective. Keep perspective. We are going to all be just fine after Coronavirus is gone. It’s the reaction to it that may do the most harm and already has. Don’t get sucked in. Read that article. Don’t fall to the fear of the unknown. Do what you can and live your life. Your patients need you to keep a level head.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
Ginger1 #2889441 03/16/20 11:43 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I am not panicking but I’m certainly being very prudent. This is not joke and this is no flu. It’s causes a really bad viral pneumonia . For example, I know certain immunocompromised people who can handle the flu, but not the corona virus. It’s spreading much easier than the flu and it lasts much longer on surfaces and the such.

If we don’t flatten the curve, it could be very bad. Me and you might be fine, but anyone with a compromise, not so much

And it is irresponsible for me, a healthcare worker to be spreading this about.

Well, dating is interesting in these time. Our lockdowns are a little heavier here. No one goes to restaurants or bars or fun places anymore. It’s over . So, now me and E can watch Netflix and eat until the cows come home and it’s an acceptable date, lol

Ginger1 #2889449 03/16/20 12:44 PM
D
D
Originally Posted by Ginger1
If we don’t flatten the curve, it could be very bad. Me and you might be fine, but anyone with a compromise, not so much.

I've been looking at things a little differently. I'm in very good health, but I'm supposedly in a higher risk group because of my age (I'm 60). I've heard, many times, that 80% of people have little or no symptoms of coronavirus, and apparently a vaccine, at best, is many months away. In addition, there seems to be a consensus that there's a high likelihood that medical facilities will be overwhelmed at some point. Looking at this from an individual perspective, it would probably be better for me to go ahead and get the virus early, before the medical facilities become overwhelmed. I know that sounds terrible, evil and not civic minded but, in the overall scheme of things, I don't have much incentive to dramatically change my habits. Avoidance may be counterproductive for me.

doodler #2889451 03/16/20 12:51 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by doodler
Originally Posted by Ginger1
If we don’t flatten the curve, it could be very bad. Me and you might be fine, but anyone with a compromise, not so much.

I've been looking at things a little differently. I'm in very good health, but I'm supposedly in a higher risk group because of my age (I'm 60). I've heard, many times, that 80% of people have little or no symptoms of coronavirus, and apparently a vaccine, at best, is many months away. In addition, there seems to be a consensus that there's a high likelihood that medical facilities will be overwhelmed at some point. Looking at this from an individual perspective, it would probably be better for me to go ahead and get the virus early, before the medical facilities become overwhelmed. I know that sounds terrible, evil and not civic minded but, in the overall scheme of things, I don't have much incentive to dramatically change my habits. Avoidance may be counterproductive for me.

My friend actually asked me about getting the virus early before the medical community becomes overwhelmed.

She has a child who is immunocompromised and this I’ll was can be sure to her because of other health conditions.
She’s freaking.

I on the other hand will come into contact with medically fragile people. So I have to change my habits. And it’s got me a little sad.

I do think you should go about your life and practice good hand washing techniques and if you do suspect you have it, stay home. The average person I think should do that. But I would stay away from anyone who is medically compromised. Those are the people I’m worried about.

Ginger1 #2889453 03/16/20 01:00 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
When I say “makes me sad” I mean just the social isolation part. That I could put others at risk and will become a little socially isolated. But I still get to go to work. Many don’t

Ginger1 #2889473 03/16/20 02:20 PM
A
A
{(((Ginger1)))}

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
AndrewP #2889535 03/16/20 07:48 PM
job Offline
Ginger,

Please take care of yourself and stay safe. I know you are doing everything you can during this time of crisis. We are now going to be on lock down starting at 5 this evening and only can obtain carry outs and do banking in the days ahead. It's very sad when the world has come to this, but in order to keep people healthy and safe and yes, walking on this earth, drastic measures had to be implemented.

Thinking of you and the entire medical staff all over the world.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard