Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
R
R
Originally Posted by CaptainN
Yes. Pretty much the same as she has with her other daughter.

Equal and frequent time with both parents is important. You W is being reasonable in this. One less thing for you to worry about.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Ready2Change
Originally Posted by CaptainN
Yes. Pretty much the same as she has with her other daughter.

Equal and frequent time with both parents is important. You W is being reasonable in this. One less thing for you to worry about.

She's been through it before, and knows our state will not grant favor to one parent over another unless the circumstances are extreme. Also, I think she wants the extra freedom for herself.

C
OP Offline
C
At the same time, I think she has an unhealthy attachment to our daughter. She sleeps with her in her room, and has ever since she got her own room. It was supposed to be just a few days to help her transition, but just continued on to today. And, this unquestionably contributed to the deterioration of our relationship.

C
OP Offline
C
Just to be clear.. fully engaging when there is interaction does not include texting?

V
V
Why would you text her? No, no texting, unles it is urgent.

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Vapo
Why would you text her? No, no texting, unles it is urgent.

She texted me.

C
OP Offline
C
I'm admittetdly unclear how a little light bander or casual conversation, initiated by her, violates detachment and non-pursuit simply because it is via text.

L
L
Capt

Based on your question my guess is you don’t understand detachment. Ok so if you have a little friendly banter with her will you all of a sudden think she will change her mind and get your hopes up? If the answer is no then go for it.

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by LH19
Capt

Based on your question my guess is you don’t understand detachment. Ok so if you have a little friendly banter with her will you all of a sudden think she will change her mind and get your hopes up? If the answer is no then go for it.

Nope, I wouldn't. But the same question would apply to an in-person conversation as well, wouldn't it?

L
L
Yes. You just shouldn’t be starting the conversations.

What we see here a lot is when the LBS starts to have friendly conversations that the WW is confused or have second thoughts. It’s just not the case. Most WW are not intentionally trying to hurt the LBS. They are just searching for happiness.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard