Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
My anxiety is high and I am so overwhelmed. My L just got mad at me. She's right I'm just not in the right frame of mind to handle it. I continue to make the mistake of listening to people at work instead of trusting my own judgement.

I'm in crisis mentally and will discuss this with my dr on Friday. I have no choice but to rely on the anti anxiety meds until I get past this one hurdle of temporary support.

My boss is mad at me too. Happy Monday. Ugh.

D
D
Originally Posted by kas99
I'm in crisis mentally and will discuss this with my dr on Friday. I have no choice but to rely on the anti anxiety meds until I get past this one hurdle of temporary support.

Kass99,

It's good that you're taking action and if it requires anti-anxiety meds to help get you through this, there's no shame in doing that.

I was talking to a co-worker last week. I didn't know he'd ever been married, but I found out he was divorced five years ago. He didn't have any children, and I don't think he was married very long, but he was saying that he still feels the effects of the divorce. Divorce takes a long time work through and you have to take care of yourself in the meantime.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Moved so many times recently that my jury summons wasn't forwarded. Got a nasty gram from Circuit Court. Have a school event tonight at 6pm. D17 started selling clothes on line and 2 things need to be mailed out today. She needs help. 2 people called in sick and I forgot to check my time off requests so a 3rd person is also off. There are piles and piles of paper on my desk and I need to do month end. My software isn't cooperating so there's that.

Took my med and I will handle this like a boss. The one thing this experience has taught me is that other than my kids none of this matters.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
It's good that you're taking action and if it requires anti-anxiety meds to help get you through this, there's no shame in doing that.

I'm afraid she will cut me off because it is a controlled substance. It's a low dose but in 12 days I cannot make it all day without them. I try. My goal is to take them (as needed) until after the support hearing.

I was talking to a co-worker last week. I didn't know he'd ever been married, but I found out he was divorced five years ago. He didn't have any children, and I don't think he was married very long, but he was saying that he still feels the effects of the divorce. Divorce takes a long time work through and you have to take care of yourself in the meantime.

I've read hundreds of these stories and sadly yes it takes a while. Some people get stuck only because they didn't do the painful work to heal. This is main reason I don't want to take these pills unless absolutely necessary. I want to FEEL the pain not medicate it. I'd rather deal with this now the right way than have it haunt me for the rest of my life.

D
D
Listen, we don't know each other outside of this board, so I always tell people they can take my advice or leave it as it may or may not apply, but something you said in your last post really stuck out to me. I get that you don't want to take the pills unless it is necessary. Coming from someone who just does NOT like to take any meds period, so the doctor has to fight me to take any, going to counseling and accepting and using an anti-depressant from my doctor was THE best move I ever made. Now, I'm not telling you that is a magic cure or anything, but I took the anti depressants for about 6 months just to get by and then I gave them up. So, don't be so quick to rule out something that can really help you. I promise, if you focus on working on yourself and your kids, this will all get better one day....and yes it will take time.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by Dawn70
don't be so quick to rule out something that can really help you. I promise, if you focus on working on yourself and your kids, this will all get better one day....and yes it will take time.

I am taking an anti depressant (worked great) but I got worse the closer I got to court so she added an anti anxiety med. She called in a 30 day supply and I thought that would be plenty but seeing how my L scolded me yesterday I don't think I'll be getting support anytime soon. I see my doctor on Friday so we're going to have to discuss me taking this med for a bit longer than I had hoped.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I never realized how moody H was until he wasn't there anymore. Our teens stayed in their rooms because that was just the atmosphere of our house. That all changed which is good but harder. My kids now express their emotions, ask for help, call each other out, there is more bickering, its real but on top of D it's really hard. Friday afternoon I swear I had 2 kids texting me at the exact same time. I'm happier but without these meds I'd be having a nervous breakdown.

Got frustrated with S19 last night. D14 needs help registering for high school. D17 continues to sell clothes. Made a bad decision at work and now an employee is angry at me. My boss is upset as well. He won't let it go so he will berate me for a few days.

HR just sent me a confidential email wanting to meet me. I think I'm okay but crap.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Apologized to S19, D14 got registered for high school, mailed the clothes out, got scolded three times yesterday but it didn't kill me.

Am I cursed or am I supposed to learn something out of this?

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
A week or so ago D17 made this cutesy dinners we like list and put it on a side wall so it's not something we look at everyday. The girls were looking at it trying to pick something out when D17 said she felt stupid for writing "basagna". Upon further inspection other words were altered too, soap instead of soup, rizza instead of pizza, very subtle changes and I said omg S19 did this. We all gathered around the list dying laughing. S19 said he changed a word a day and it took us a week to catch it.

This would have never happened if H were still around.

K
kml Offline
K
LOL now that's fun.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard